PDA

View Full Version : Pop Warner kids

LoveMickey
08-11-2002, 09:51 AM
Does anyone know what dates the Pop Warner kids go to Disney?

And, at what resort(s) do they stay at?

CarolMN
08-11-2002, 10:26 AM
Copied the following from Themeparks.com's December Planner (http://www.themeparks.com/wdw/press/planner09-12.htm)

While college football is preparing for its bowl season and the NFL kicks off its playoffs, more than 12,000 kids, parents, coaches and fans will trek to Disney's Wide World of Sports complex for the Pop Warner Super Bowl Dec. 8-14. National champions will be crowned in five age/size tackle football and cheer squad divisions representing every region of the country. Now in its 73rd year, Pop Warner Little Scholars Inc. involves more than 300,000 team members ages 5-15 across the country. It is the only national youth football and cheerleading organization in the United States.

The participants usually stay at the All Star Resorts, but there is some spillover to the moderates.

HTH.

rosebery
08-11-2002, 10:58 AM
We were there at the same time as the Pop Warner kids last year and there were large numbers of them staying at Port Orleans Riverside. We found the food court *packed* at breakfast. But beyond that, we didn't really notice them. They did not swarm the pool (although they did fill the whirlpool tub), they did not make more noise than any other guests, and although you saw them in the parks, there were few enough other people at the parks that time of year that the Pop Warner kids certainly weren't overcrowding anything.

Cheers,
Tara

Eeyore2U
08-11-2002, 06:08 PM
We were at the ASSp in 1996 with the Pop Warner people. The pool was closed numerous times due to rowdiness of unsupervised football players. The food court was packed. The noise was overwhelming. We would not go to a resort that would be housing groups of kids like that again.

laurieny
08-11-2002, 06:21 PM
I just got my daughter's cheer scedule and the Orlando tournment is December 12 and 13. I'm secretly hoping they don't make it cause it is a huge expense so close to Chistmas. But it is an excuse to go to WDW.........

lvs_eeyore
08-11-2002, 07:42 PM
EEK. Of course we will be staying at the All Stars the 6-8th ROFL. Im glad I found out about this now. Dh will be with the kids while Im off at a convention so I will prewarn him that the pool area might get a little hectic and crazy. Maybe he can find some other fun things for the he and the kids to do other than the pool.