PDA

View Full Version : Chef's de France or Bistro de Paris

queenmichelle
05-13-2010, 03:36 PM
I can't decide which restaurant for my upcoming trip. Any suggestion/pics or reviews welcome. I have been to Chef's and thought it was pretty good but super crowded and noisy. Is Bistro really better enought to justify the cost?

Pakey
05-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Bistro is an upscale, mainly adult dining environment. Every meal I've had here has been quiet, relaxing and with perfectly prepared food. The tables are fairly close together but due to the atmosphere, I've never experienced a noisy meal. I have not dined here my last two trips and I've read on here that they now allow children to order from the Chefs menu downstairs so I don't know if it's gotten to be less of upscale feel or not. Every time we have dined here, it's been mainly couples only.

Yes, I think the food is much better at Bistro, enough to justify the cost.

TDC Nala
05-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Agreed that the food is better at Bistro - and of course more expensive - but there will be families with children there, sometimes very young children. They are accommodating families with the children's menu from Chefs. Whether it's quiet or not will depend on who is sitting near you.

If it makes a difference, Bistro is not on the dining plan, which deters the families who are on the plan.

queenmichelle
05-13-2010, 04:47 PM
I'll be dining with my DD so kids aren't an issue. Chefs was just so full of people, I felt rushed because of it.

Uncleromulus
05-14-2010, 05:27 AM
We ate at the Bistro one trip back. I agree with Pakey and TDC Nala that it is the better restaurant. And tho you will now find families with kids there (as we did that night) I think it is still more quiet and upscale than Chefs.

queenmichelle
05-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Ok looks like Bistro is the winner hands down.

BriarRosie
05-14-2010, 07:31 PM
I'll be dining with my DD so kids aren't an issue. Chefs was just so full of people, I felt rushed because of it.

Don't let the crowds intimidate you into rushing through your meal. You're entitled to eat a meal at a pace you're comfortable with. It's not like you're on vacation or anything. ;)

tinacaplan
05-14-2010, 07:54 PM
I've yet to have the pleasure to dine at Bistro, but we had dinner at Chefs in February and thought it was pretty terrible.

Lisann
05-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Bistro is nothing like Chefs. My husband and I had a wonderful, quiet, romantic dinner at Bistro this past February.

The table next to us had three children, and they were all well-behaved. They were not a problem. We were there fairly early, so the restaurant was not that crowded (5:30pm).

I really love Bistro. The food was delicious and the service was great.

I've eaten at Chefs, and while it was good, it's a much more casual and noisy restaurant.

I can't wait to go back to Bistro. Order the dessert. I had some sort of chocolate assortment. YUM-O.