PDA

View Full Version : Counter Service at Monorail Hotel

hedge333
05-13-2010, 01:50 PM
We are going to ride the monorail one day at thought we would have lunch at a counter service in one of the monorail resorts. We are on the quick-service plan so we need a counter service recommendation. What's your fave?

Thanks.

sharonabe
05-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Go to allearsnet.com and check out the menus at the resort QS restaurants. It may be easier to make your decision if you know what they serve. I haven't eaten at any of them, so can't help there.

chocovrdmicears
05-13-2010, 07:03 PM
We love Captain Cooks at the Poly. :) I adore the Hawaiian Flat Bread. :lovestruc They also have Dole Whips. :)

Jen12573
05-13-2010, 07:37 PM
DH and I are quite partial to Gasparilla Grill at the GF - we take the monorail there, have the Southwest Chicken Sandwich which comes with coleslaw on top (but we get it on the side) and you get fries and another side - DH gets a second side of coleslaw and I get the cucumber salad. Plus a drink and of course our favorite, a sugar cookie. Then we go out to the dock and take the boat back to MK.

MsStinkerBelle
05-13-2010, 07:43 PM
I like Kona Cafe in the Polynesian and Gasparilla's in the GF. Both have great selections of food to choose from. :thumbsup2

squirrel
05-13-2010, 09:29 PM
I like Kona Cafe in the Polynesian and Gasparilla's in the GF. Both have great selections of food to choose from. :thumbsup2

Kona Cafe is a TS meal.

I haven't tried any of the CS meals at any of the monorail resorts. I think I will check out the menus.

summerlady
05-14-2010, 06:51 AM
Capt. Cook's at the Poly is really good. You can get a Dole Whip as your CS dessert too.

hedge333
05-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the responses. I think we'll try Captain Cook's. The Dole Whip sold me. I think the aloha pork sandwich sounds good, too.

jsweeks@cogeco.ca
05-18-2010, 12:09 PM
That was a great question! We are flying in a day early and don't start our package until the next day so I was thinking about doing the monorail and stoping to see the other reorts. We have never taken the time before to do this. Now I think we will get something to eat as well. Thanks for the idea! :thumbsup2

jdisnut
05-19-2010, 07:27 AM
My favorite is the Contempo Cafe. It's fun to eat as the monorail quietly glides through the resort, and the food is good. I particularly the turkey sandwich with apple butter and the mahi mahi sandwich.

Tinkerbellie16
05-19-2010, 10:56 AM
Cap'n Cooks - yummy adult grilled cheese with assorted chips (not just plain old potato!)
Sit outside and enjoy the tropical foliage!