PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef or Shutters

2 Little Mermaids
05-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Ok I'm turning to the Dis for help. No one in my party seems to care and the decisions are up to me. So I currently have ressie at Coral Reef for our arrival night. But I'm thinking that my girls maybe tired from the trip and not want to go to a park even just to eat. Since we are staying at CBR, should we try Shutters instead or is the Coral Reef that much better to eat there regardless of how tired we are. A third option is eating counter service at either the resort or DTD. Please help this one meal is giving me a headache.

dallastxcpa
05-13-2010, 03:33 PM
I think if you go into the park with just the intention of dining at Coral Reef it could be very relaxing and not stressful at all. And if you happen to get in a few rides or illuminations that is just a bonus. :) Plus the Coral Reef is so beautiful.

dejavugirl
05-13-2010, 04:23 PM
We just got back this Monday from our stay at CBR. Orginally we had not planned on eating at Shutters since we're not on a dining plan, but dh wanted to try it one night.

It was EXCELLENT! Our 3 year old LOVED the make your own sundae that was part of her meal. We loved our food, and the service was the best we had all trip.

We had the shrimp fritters, caribbean pasta (which isn't spicy, but sounds like it might be, super yummy!) and a ceasar salad.

If you go definitely get the lava smoothie. It was my absolute favorite drink of the whole trip. (I'm pregnant so there's no alcohol in it)

I think since you're just getting into town that evening...enjoy your resort and have a nice meal at Shutters. :-)

lesliejmorris
05-13-2010, 07:38 PM
we loved Coral Reef, but the reviews on Shutters are also pretty good, we ate CS at CBR on our arrival night, but we did not get in until 7pm....when do you plan on arriving?

hannaconda
05-13-2010, 08:07 PM
WGP in the market place is my suggustion. JMO CR is just like AB's but overpriced with a fish tank.

ebird08
05-13-2010, 09:11 PM
We just enjoyed a wonderful meal at Coral Reef however, I haven't been to Shutters. Are you on the dining plan? If so, I'd say what PP said - go to Epcot w/ the intention of simply doing dinner. That way you don't have to rush around. If not on the dining plan, it can be pricey...

Amy&Dan
05-14-2010, 02:57 AM
We really like Shutters for the food, but the atmosphere is pretty standard.

I think you should make the ADR at Coral Reef and if you arrive and are too tired, just cancel that and go to Shutters. Chances are very good you can get in last minute at Shutters with little to no wait. Most people don't seem to make ADR's at Shutters or Boatwrights at POR. There is always something for sure to be said about eating at your resort, esp the first night when you are tired from travel and need to unpack etc.

The nice thing about Coral Reef is its not located way back in the World Showcase. So its not a huge walk through all of Epcot to get there. We have actually gone to both CR and San Angel before on arrival nights when we want to eat in Epcot but don't want to have to walk too far!