PDA

View Full Version : Dinner: Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Fare

principessa0ox
05-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Or something else? ;)

We have planned right now: T-Rex(d), Crystal Palace(b), Donald's Safari Breakfast, Yak & Yet(d), Akershus(l), Sci-Fi(l), Hollywood & Vine(l), Cinderella's Royal Table(d), and 1900 Park Fare(d)

On the day we have 1900 Park Fare planned, we will be at Sea World all day and have a rental car, so we are free to go to any restaurant at any resort (no park tickets this day) unlike the other days where the ADRs were planned around our park schedule. If you could choose any resort dinner, which would you do? We prefer all you can eat. It will be 2 adults who only eat chicken,turkey,beef when it comes to meat/poultry/seafood, and a picky 2-year-old who will just eat off our plates. I was thinking Chef Mickey's might be better (IF I can get in) but we are already doing Donald's Safari Breakfast, but if we do 1900 Park Fare then that will be 3 princess meals. WWYD?

MSLRAC
05-13-2010, 02:52 PM
I'd pick 1900 PF. The food was better and the step family is hilarious!

MistressMerryweather
05-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Chef Mickey's, though the food at 1900 Park is better. Chef Mickey's is fun especially if you have 2 other princess adr already. If you can't get a res. just walk in early. :)

Missytara
05-13-2010, 02:58 PM
OMG - my first character meal ever was 1900 Park Faire. What a wonderful evening.

Go for it!

rcraw45425
05-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Chef Mickey's, though the food at 1900 Park is better. Chef Mickey's is fun especially if you have 2 other princess adr already. If you can't get a res. just walk in early. :)

I don't think I'd just walk in early at CMs and expect to be seated. Even though the food is mediocre it's still a hot ticket and I have prepeatedly seen people turned away.

PrincessKate's Mom
05-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Between the two I'd stick with 1900 Park Fare. The steps are funny. However, if I was picking a resort buffet, I would go for Boma. The food was good. Even if you aren't adventurous there are plenty of options and you can go out on the back porch to look at animals.

MistressMerryweather
05-13-2010, 10:17 PM
I don't think I'd just walk in early at CMs and expect to be seated. Even though the food is mediocre it's still a hot ticket and I have repeatedly seen people turned away.

I agree, though I think we must be lucky. We have never been turned away and have never waited more than 20 minutes when arriving at 5pm.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
05-13-2010, 11:21 PM
I have been to Chef Mickey's a few times for dinner and thought it was good, so I would recommend it.

EeyoreEma
05-13-2010, 11:49 PM
I would do 1900 Park Fare hands down. We didn't care much for the food at CM's, but loved everything we ate at 1900 PF. Plus the character interaction was good.

myhouseofmouse
05-13-2010, 11:53 PM
Yeah, you are already doing 2 princess meals, Chef mickey's it is by far the best "experiance" of all the Character meals. However, I do agree 1900 park far the best food(as an adult) but My kids love chef mickey's hands down, food and experiance. Both places have great selections for kids though. Like my 8 year old daughter says "Where alse can you eat, sing, dance and hit your little brother swinging a napkin and not yelled at by your parents!!!"

skiingfast
05-14-2010, 12:51 AM
Yeah, you are already doing 2 princess meals, Chef mickey's it is by far the best "experiance" of all the Character meals."

I agree. Do you really need another princess meal?

I was shocked at how much the kids liked CM. I though the food selection was limited, but there were a couple really good dishes.