PDA

View Full Version : Swan or Dolphin for NYE?

lvs_eeyore
08-11-2002, 05:16 AM
We are currently booked at the Swan for Dec 28-Jan1 and now Im wondering if I made the right choice. Seems everyone likes the Dolphin much better.

I booked the Swan because they have the two Queen bed vs the two oversized doubles at the Dolphin. When I made the ressie she made many notes to put me on the 10th floor overlooking MGM as I have two small kids and we werent sure if we would actually make it to one of the parks for NYE and we would be able to see the fireworks from our room.

Would the Dolphin be better? From reading some of the posts it seems like you get two views from the Dolphin....Epcot and MGM. It would be really neat to see the two firework shows.

Right now we are booked into a standard room if that makes a difference between the two resorts.

NancyIL
08-11-2002, 09:45 AM
If you are at the Dolphin, you could have an Epcot OR an MGM view, but not a clear view of both. I'd stick with the resort that best meets your needs for the majority of your stay, and not the one with the best 20-minute view of fireworks.

Blondie
08-11-2002, 10:28 AM
I'd say go ahead and keep your ressie @ the Swan.

Even though the Dolphin has a more festive lobby, the Swan is still just as nice, but in a more sedate and refined way. (I don't know how else to describe it!)

You will have the better beds of the two (Queen sized) and I do prefer the bathroom set up at the Swan over the Dolphin.

Either way, you are getting a great resort in a spectacular location!