PDA

View Full Version : Pool Hopping?

MissMellie
08-11-2002, 12:58 AM
Hi Guys,
I'm taking my girls to DW from Oct. 16-24th. We're staying at the CR due to SOG being refurbished. I stayed at the Poly 2 years ago and hopped from their pool to the CR pool with no problem. I'm hoping to 'hop" from CR to Poly this time to check out the new pool at the Poly. Has anyone done this? CR is not my first choice in a resort but I'm getting a great rate and I can't beat being right on the monorail line with 2 children: 4 and 6 yrs. I think I remembered someone saying that the only resort that checks for keys or arm bands is the BC/YC due to their own private little water park. Can anyone help me?

Topper
08-11-2002, 05:12 AM
Pool hopping is NOT allowed unless resorts are sister resorts or you are a DVC member (and they cannot pool hop at YC/BC anymore).

If you want to experience the pool at the Polynesian Resort, I suggest you book a part of your stay there.

I remember staying at PO (before it was POFQ) and watching people being evicted because they were not staying there.

PamOKW
08-11-2002, 01:38 PM
that the only resort that checks for keys or arm bands is the BC/YC

All of the resorts have tightened up on pool hopping. It isn't allowed, except under the circumstances Topper outlined. Y&B is VERY strict. The other resorts fluctuate in their enforcement but have tightened up enough that I would stick to my own pool.

GoofysPrincess
08-11-2002, 07:26 PM
Don't know if this could be why, but...

When we were at CSR a couple of years ago, several of us had our belongings stolen from the pool area. Without going into all of the details, the security people said these were probably not WDW guests but local people that just drive on to the properties and 'hang out' around the resorts. I wonder if tightened pool procedures (and parking too) could partially be for our own protection? It wouldn't be like WDW to advertise that as the reason... I realize they could still ask for any WDW ID, but I guess they have to decide how much they're going to try to manage.

Anyway, just a thought.