PDA

View Full Version : Virgin and BA Air Passenger Refund

UKDEB
05-13-2010, 06:07 AM
Has anyone who opted for payment direct to their bank account received a refund? No updates have been made to the official site since June last year.

VailaTigger
05-13-2010, 07:31 AM
Do you mean from the volcanic ash cancellations?

Emailed them 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a peep... :sad1:
Emailed them again yesterday...

wayneg
05-13-2010, 07:53 AM
Do you mean from the volcanic ash cancellations?

Emailed them 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a peep... :sad1:
Emailed them again yesterday...

No, these claims are going back years now. https://www.airpassengerrefund.co.uk/

I still have one outstanding claim (3 paid by cheque). Got email to say they didn't have enough documentation to settle my claim. I sent them dates, passport #'s, Virgin flying club #'s, flight #s & times, booking ref's. Everthing they need but got reply saying still not enough to trace. I think they paid out a set amount and then started wriggling out of as many claims as poss.

Pootle
05-13-2010, 12:16 PM
No, I haven't.

OTOH, my friend (and once a year travelling companion on whose behalf I claimed) received a cheque about 6 months ago! I am assuming, as I can't remember, that I gave bank details for me :confused:

Ware Bears
05-13-2010, 04:28 PM
We requested to be paid direct into a bank account and have received zilch. :sad2:Got email to say they didn't have enough documentation to settle my claim. I sent them dates, passport #'s, Virgin flying club #'s, flight #s & times, booking ref's. Everthing they need but got reply saying still not enough to trace. I think they paid out a set amount and then started wriggling out of as many claims as poss.

Same here, Wayne, I sent them all the above but just kept getting emails saying they needed more. :confused3 I've given up on it now.

diddldonna
05-13-2010, 05:24 PM
I asked for cheque and received one with no problems but my friend who claimed before hasn't had a thing and they requested money to be put direct into bank.

PamOKW.
05-13-2010, 06:08 PM
We applied for a cheque refund which we received last summer - so all of our claims have been paid in full.

juliebro
05-13-2010, 10:16 PM
I think I heard something about this on the radio over here (we are in Orlando at the moment). If it's to do with some collusion that BA and Virgin were accused of over charging of fuel duty, then I heard that the case had collapsed as there had been a requirement of some body to provide copies of emails and they didn't do it by the deadline.

I'll have a quick google and see if I can find anything relating to what I thought I heard.

juliebro
05-13-2010, 10:21 PM
This is an article relating to what I heard on the radio

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/7705592/British-Airways-price-fixing-trial-collapses.html

However, now I've read it I'm not sure if it has any impact on the payments people were getting or not.

Sorry if I've thrown a red herring into the situation! :flower3:

UKDEB
05-14-2010, 03:02 AM
Thanks, Julie. I'm not sure how this will affect the Class Action Lawsuit in the US which is what I think the claims fall under.