PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story 3 on DVD?

ColleenG
05-12-2010, 11:12 PM
I know it's not even in theaters yet, but any guess on when Toy Story 3 will be released on DVD? We are going to the World in early November and I would love for us all to see it before we go. I don't want a boot leg copy or anything, it's just with a family of 6 it is cheaper to buy it on DVD than it is to go to the theater.

hulagirl87
05-13-2010, 01:54 PM
It seems like now movies are coming out quicker and quicker on DVD, but it also depends on how well it does at the theater. I would say October/ November sounds logical with the movie coming out in June

xApril
05-13-2010, 07:31 PM
We're pretty quick with getting DVDs when they come out. It seems like it's about 4 months after the movie comes out. Pretty close to there.

ColleenG
05-13-2010, 08:51 PM
I figure it would definately be out before Christmas. I was surprised to see Alice in Wonderland already coming out so soon, so it got my hopes up that Toy Story 3 would be out. Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll be out before we go.

StephyDee
05-13-2010, 09:28 PM
I'd say they'd probably want it out for the Christmas season, so probably November, or at the very latest, December. Again, depends on how well it does. I've seen movies that have bombed come out on DVD the next month after being in theaters. :sad2:

I can still remember waiting almost over a year for a movie to come out on VHS. As a matter of fact, I remember the day my mom brought home Toy Story for me. It was in a plastic bag, and when I walked up to the table, she just handed it to me while drinking her tea. I opened it, screamed "OMGosh YAY!", and stared at the box for ten minutes. I was only 7 at the time or so, so it was a big moment for me. :laughing: :lovestruc

the horned king
05-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Being it a pixar film I am pretty positve it will be released in november or early december. Look at the previous pixar dvd releases they all usually come out around that time if they are released in the summer time. I'm crossing my fingers that this film will be as good as it looks. Loved the previous two. I just hope that the final chapter will be just as great.

karly05
05-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Up came out on DVD/BR on November 10 last year (yes, I remember the date!). They'll want TS3 out for the Christmas shopping season for sure, and I think early-to-mid November has been pretty standard for the summer Pixar releases over the last few years.

ColleenG
05-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Up came out on DVD/BR on November 10 last year (yes, I remember the date!). They'll want TS3 out for the Christmas shopping season for sure, and I think early-to-mid November has been pretty standard for the summer Pixar releases over the last few years.

If that's the case it will come out while we are at Disney. I might just have to buy it there. Thankfully the DVC resorts have DVD players. Or we can watch it on my lap top.

CharliNye
05-31-2010, 01:38 PM

Exactly this.

It seems like they usually want to do a push near thanksgiving which is considered the beginning of the holiday season. Big movies like TS3 and Shrek4 will both see releases around that time.

At xmas when movies are released they often follow suit on dvd around late march. So yes, use about three-4 months as the marker.

santadog
06-05-2010, 05:07 PM
I know it's not even in theaters yet, but any guess on when Toy Story 3 will be released on DVD? We are going to the World in early November and I would love for us all to see it before we go. I don't want a boot leg copy or anything, it's just with a family of 6 it is cheaper to buy it on DVD than it is to go to the theater.

Going to the movies can be sooooo expensive.

Fortunately, I got free tickets for my daughter and I with the Toy Story and Toy Story 2 Combo packs.

Since you won't be able to get the DVD before your trip, maybe you can catch it at a second run (dollar) theater, or Drive In? That's what we usually do to save some scratch.

aikenjhon
06-06-2010, 12:07 PM
my guess would be october

CliffordM
06-07-2010, 05:28 AM
Going by past records…probably early to mid November.

santadog
06-07-2010, 03:06 PM
I was talking to a buddy of mine that works for a video distributor, and he told me that the street date was November 9, and it will be available as a DVD, a Blu-ray, A 3-D Blu-ray, a Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy, and as a Gift Set

(and Finding Nemo is coming on Blu-Ray the same day!)

santadog
08-20-2010, 08:31 PM
I was talking to a buddy of mine that works for a video distributor, and he told me that the street date was [COLOR="Red"]November 9[/COLOR...

Like I was sayin'....http://www.amazon.com/Story-Four-Disc-Blu-ray-Combo-Digital/dp/B003XKPPOU/ref=pd_cp_d_1_img

ColleenG
08-20-2010, 09:08 PM
Amazon says Nov 2 it will be released! That's the day we leave for Disney. I might have to bite the bullet and buy it there so we can watch it while we are there, but then again we probably won't have time.

fanhost
09-08-2010, 01:34 AM
This movie is awesome. It's ending is too emotional, literally I was crying at the end of TOY STORY 3.Really amazing..:):)