PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast Buffet Dilemma

Leota
05-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Saturday morning, we are looking to have breakfast in the Magic Kingdom area before our 11:30 Off-Road Segway Tour at Fort Wilderness we are planning to take. We are 2 adults that have been to WDW many times. We are staying at the Dolphin.

I have narrowed it down to 2 buffets. We do like breakfast buffets since you can get a little fruit, a little grain, a little protein, a little sugar....

I'm torn between 1900 Park Fare & Crystal Palace. Crystal Palace is easier to get to & from, but Park Fare is not significantly more trouble. We have been to neither since 1998 & I can barely remember them, DH can't remember them at all. Oh & Park time is not important - we're not really doing Parks that day except to go to PftS at Epcot that night.

Which one would you choose & why?

hsembrick
05-12-2010, 08:27 PM
1900, the food is good and you it will be easier for you to get to it and you can relax and enjoy it since it's just a boat ride away to WL.

JerseyJanice
05-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Hi, Eileen! :wave2:

I take it that you have APs, so admission to the MK (for Crystal Palace) is a non-issue.

I haven't had breakfast at CP, but I have had lunch and dinner there. Love the restaurant. It's beautiful--bright and airy and even the restrooms are lovely. Pooh and his friends are always cute and fun.

We ate breakfast at 1900 Park Fare in 8/08 and really enjoyed it. The strawberry soup IS all that, and the omelet station is great. The chefs there will make eggs anyway you want them--an all white omelet or just over easy. Mary Poppins, Alice and the Mad Hatter are a hoot.

It's a tough choice, but I would say that 1900 PF has the edge because of the fresh egg station.

Kae
05-12-2010, 09:24 PM
I would pick Cape May or 1900 PF.

Kae