View Full Version : 5 "adults" & 1 infant vs. 5 "adults" 2 infants

4greatboys
08-10-2002, 11:21 PM
Hi,

We have reservation at YC concierge room end of Sept. I know
maximum ppl per room are 5 plus 1 infant. We have 5 ppl plus
2 infants. I have called disney--reservations and front desk--
some ppl say yes we can all stay in same room and others
say no......Anyone have any experience with this??

Also would like to hear of anyone's experience staying concierge
at the YC.......This is only our second trip and we are so exticed
we cannot wait til the end of Sept.
:wave:

jel0511
08-11-2002, 08:28 AM
I don't think it will be a problem BUT the room will be VERY tight with all those people. There won't be enough room for two cribs and everyone. I'd consider getting two rooms.

CarolMN
08-11-2002, 10:33 AM
No matter what Disney says, IMHO, that is too crowded for one room. Where will you put your all your luggage? With two cribs, you won't even have room to walk around. What if someone needs to use the bathroom in the middle of the night or one of the babies needs attention? I think you will be much happier in two rooms - if for no other reason than you will have two bathrooms. JMHO. YMMV.

Lucky4me
08-11-2002, 10:53 AM
My advice is to rent a vacation home offsite and with the money saved, rent a minivan. There will be 1800 sq feet and 3 bedrooms to sprawl out into, private pool, at least two baths, full kitchen and washer and dryer. I know some people like to be onsite but with a large party like this you can't beat the comforts of home!

Kermit
08-11-2002, 12:59 PM
How small are the infants? Unless they're very young and can share a crib, I agree that you'll probably need 2 rooms. I can't really imagine that they say rooms allow 5 plus one in a crib but they really allow 5 plus 2 in cribs. It seems like the extra furniture would be a fire hazard.

BrerMom
08-11-2002, 01:45 PM
I believe the beds would be queens, correct? If two of the "adults" :) are willing to sleep with the older "infant," it could work. My kids could do it; my friend says her three boys would kill each other. :p I wouldn't try it if you needed two pack-n-plays; too crowded.

4greatboys
08-11-2002, 02:33 PM
Hi everyone and thanks for the responses. Guess I should clarify
the "adults" in the room. 3 actual adults and then 2 kid "adults"
12 yrs and 15 yrs and then the 2 infants 2 yrs and 5 months.
All the kids are mine so would like to keep them in the same room
with me. We really will only use 1 crib, my 2 yr old sleeps with us
at home and will there too. With 2 teen boys we wont really be in our room that much with parks and swimming during the day and DQ at night.
We were treating ourselves to YC concierge but cannot afford 2
rooms on that level. Unfortunately I just found out about renting
DVC club points or we would have gone that route and been
able to get a 1 or 2 bdrm. We def are going to do that our next trip. Which I hope is very soon, lol, we haven't even gone on this
trip and I am looking forward to--and planning--our next.

Thanks so much for all the responses,
Deena

zurgswife
08-11-2002, 02:50 PM
Guest Rooms

These rooms feature two queen-size beds, one day bed, table and chairs, ceiling fan, minibar, private balcony, vanity area with two sinks, and bath. Many Guest Rooms feature water views. Non-smoking and disabled-accessible rooms are available.

Guest Room amenities include in-room wall safe, voice mail, data port on phone, television speaker and phone in bath area, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, refrigerator (upon request), and minibar.

Standard (I am assuming that concerige rooms are very similar in size) - Two Queen Beds & One Day Bed

http://psc.disney.go.com/wdwr/images/resorts/deluxeresorts/yachtclub/rooms/rsychtrmlay2zomimg.gif

Looking at the size of the rooms and the fact that all the adults in the room are pretty full size adults....I'd say having 7 in the room is really crowded.... how about forgoing conceriege service and get two rooms at a lesser rate and having enough room to move around....

4greatboys
08-15-2002, 11:47 PM
Thanks everyone for your help. I have talked to 3 cm and one checked with the manager and they said 5 ppl and 2 infants were okay. Most of us wont be in our room but to sleep so I think its going to work out just fine. We will prob end up doing dvc because soon the 2 little ones will be 2 big ones and we will be getting a 2 bdrm.

WDWguru
08-16-2002, 03:40 PM
You should know that when you do go to rent DVC points, the maximum occupancy for a studio and one bedroom is four adults plus one infant. You'll definitely want to rent a two bedroom. It's WELL worth it!

4greatboys
08-16-2002, 10:36 PM
WDWguru--thanks for the info. I recd my dvc packet today and I have been looking up points for all the 2 bdrm and everything else. I have been trying to decide how many points we need to get to make sure we have enough to stay where we want to and not cut ourselves short. Wish we would considered dvc sooner I could have used the money we are spending now for more points
lol. But Im looking forward to YC and then all the DVC properties