PDA

View Full Version : Just Dessert?

JennyG
05-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Can you make an ADR for just dessert or drinks?
I am assuming so, but just checking.

eelkmj01
05-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Sure. There isn't a prerequisite to what you can order. Just enjoy wherever you go!!! Have a great time!

JennyG
05-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Great, thanks for the confirmation.

Have fun on your trip!

Nadjalu
05-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Jenny,

I did this for my 40th Bday. I wanted to have the Grapefruit Cake at Brown Derby in DHS. So I made an early adr (11:45am)...yep hey I was 40 I could eat cake that early!! LOL

Anyway, the server was wonderful. Some people say the servers aren't as nice or quick because their tip will be low, but mine was the bomb! He even brought me a card with everyone's signature and another free dessert!! :rotfl: I had cake coming out of my pores by the end. But it was so GOOD!!

Haley/Hayden Mom
05-12-2010, 06:18 PM
We have ressies at Sci Fi just for this. Our oldest DD got to pick our 1 sit down place this year and she chose scifi b/c of how good the milk shakes looked on the food thread. I just want the sundae myself but haven't seen any pics of it but it sounds yummy on the menu. We are on the QSDP for the trip so our meals are covered but we thought it would be fun to go to one of the neat sit downs just for a smackle of dessert.

JennyG
05-12-2010, 06:33 PM
We have ressies at Sci Fi just for this.

Too funny! This was one of the places we were thinking of having dessert.
My mom took us to the Sci Fi when I was growing up, since then we have really enjoyed going back. I know the food is not to die for, but the atmosphere is excellent!

You guys will enjoy it! They really do make you feel like your outside watching a movie.

This will be our first trip going without being on the meal plan. It will be hard to do, but at least we can still enjoy those places.

JennyG
05-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Nadjalu mentioned Brown Derby and the Grapefruit cake. Mmmm! I love that stuff... DH hates it but it is one of my favs! Something about seeing that large slice of grapefruit put in the top that makes my mouth water.

So glad they treated you so well on your birthday! Extra cake and a card?! That's one of the excellent customer service stories that keep me going back to see the Mouse.

Brown Derby has been a tradition with DH and I since our honeymoon in 2000. We used to always get the portibello (sp?) mushroom apitizer... until they took it off the menu.

Thanks for the reply!