PDA

View Full Version : Pre And Post Nights/Transfers Thread

winotracy
05-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Pre and Post Nights are now available at the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin
Only those booked on the Podcast Cruise 2.0 can book these rates

You can book up to three nights pre cruise and/or three nights post cruise at the Swan/Dolphin.

Prices are $99 per night plus tax and plus resort fee for up to two adults. You will be charged one night's rate plus tax to hold the room ($111.38) for both pre and post nights (if doing both you will be charged for two nights). The resort fee will be charged when you check in. Additional adults will be charged slightly more.

Parking is available at the Swan and Dolphin at a rate of $11 per night for hotel guests.

Transfers will be available for roundtrip or one way transportation to the port. These will be $50 per person roundtrip or $35 one way. Transfers available are:

Roundtrip from the Swan to Port, Port to Swan
Roundtrip from the Swan to Port, Port to MCO
One way from the Swan to the Port
One way from the Port to the Swan
One way from the Port to MCO

Once you have been confirmed, your transfers will be noted in your cruise reservation on our site.

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/PCC20/PCC20_start.cfm

Here is the link for signing up for transfers and hotel stays at the Swan/Dolphin. You will need your Dreams Unlimited Travel reservation number and password to log in.

Please do not send questions regarding your reservation number and password by PM, as a post or on Facebook. If you have questions about this, please email reservations@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com.

jcb
05-12-2010, 11:18 AM
And I already have ????????'s. Trying to be patient . . . .

winotracy
05-12-2010, 11:20 AM
And I already have ????????'s. Trying to be patient . . . .

Info is up!

mainegal
05-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Prices are $99 per night plus tax and plus resort fee. You will be charged one night's rate to hold the room ($111.38)

Is the resort fee and the tax equal to $12.38 per night?

winotracy
05-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Prices are $99 per night plus tax and plus resort fee. You will be charged one night's rate to hold the room ($111.38)

Is the resort fee and the tax equal to $12.38 per night?

The resort fee is not included in the price to hold the room. That is separate like last time and will be charged when you check in. The taxes equal $12.38 per night.

SFBayDon
05-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks Tracy, off to sign up now.....
Don

mainegal
05-12-2010, 11:45 AM
I have never stayed at Swan / Dolphin.

How much extra is the resort fee? Need to know for budget.

Is it per night, per stay? What do you get for the resort fee?

TXYankee
05-12-2010, 11:54 AM
What is the cancellation policy on these reservations?

winotracy
05-12-2010, 11:56 AM

http://www.swandolphin.com/offers/terms.html

Resort Service Package is $10 + tax per day and includes:

* Up to 60 minutes free local telephone calls, toll free and credit card access calls
(.10 cents per minute after 60 minutes)
* 20 minutes of domestic long distance per day
* Unlimited access to the resortís health club facilities
* In room high-speed Internet access
* 2 bottles of water daily

-Credit Cards: All major cards accepted
-Cancellation: 5 days prior to arrival (some rate plans may vary)
-Check In/Check Out: 3:00 PM / 11:00 AM
-Starwood Preferred Guest members earn points
-Rates shown are for single/double accommodations / additional adults - $25.00 per person, per night
-Rates are European Plan (no meals) effective through 12/31/10 and are subject to change
-Up to 4 adults per room
-Taxes and gratuities not included

winotracy
05-12-2010, 11:57 AM
What is the cancellation policy on these reservations?

I believe that you must cancel 7 days prior to arrival for no penalty, but I will double check on this.

jeanigor
05-12-2010, 11:57 AM

I want to say it was $10 a day for a resort fee. But you got a newspaper and two bottles of water!

kimisabella
05-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Hey Tracy - just have one question, when booking the pre and post stays, it's asking for arrival and departure dates - I'm arriving Friday, 12.10 and departing Sunday, 12.12 before the cruise - however, it's only giving me the option of departing on 12.11. Am I missing something?

DVCsince02
05-12-2010, 12:03 PM
So very glad my friends will be able to stay here again. :)

Renysmom
05-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Tracy -

Email on its way to make my adjustments...

Thanks again for all you do!!!

winotracy
05-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Hey Tracy - just have one question, when booking the pre and post stays, it's asking for arrival and departure dates - I'm arriving Friday, 12.10 and departing Sunday, 12.12 before the cruise - however, it's only giving me the option of departing on 12.11. Am I missing something?

There should be a drop down for the departure date. I'll check it out and if there is a problem, I'll report it to the powers that be.

kimisabella
05-12-2010, 12:11 PM
There should be a drop down for the departure date. I'll check it out and if there is a problem, I'll report it to the powers that be.

Sorry, I should have been clearer :flower3: - the drop down only goes up to 12.11, there is no option for 12.12 as a departure date.

winotracy
05-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Sorry, I should have been clearer :flower3: - the drop down only goes up to 12.11, there is no option for 12.12 as a departure date.

I have reported it. Thanks!

BriarRosie
05-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Wow, that's an incredible bargain! My AP rate for Pop Century in July is about the same price. To pay that for the Swan...insanely good! If I hadn't booked DVC points for my stays, I would have definitely taken this deal.

I can vouch for the Heavenly beds. They are better than any Disney bed, IMHO!

Dodie
05-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Quick question. I only booked transfers. It said that we would only be contacted if there was a problem. Does that mean we won't get any kind of confirmation if we only booked transfers? It's acting really screwy (I got some sort of error message 4 times before it worked for me) and I'm not particularly confident that everything went through.

winotracy
05-12-2010, 02:59 PM
It has come to my attention that there are some errors with the form. I have reported this and will let you all know that it is working right again. The people that have contacted me about the errors with the rooms were verified, but I don't have a way to verify the transfers were received. We did find with the rooms if you got an error it did go through so those who submitted more than once and got another error, had two requests. Sorry, I'm not sure about the transfers though.

Dodie
05-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Thanks Tracy. When you know something about whether or not the requests for transfers went through - or whether we will receive confirmation - I'd appreciate it.

winotracy
05-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Thanks Tracy. When you know something about whether or not the requests for transfers went through - or whether we will receive confirmation - I'd appreciate it.

Your transfer request went through. The check out date for the precruise stays has been corrected.

GraceLuvsWDW
05-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Swan/Dolphin doesn't use ME right? So we need to find our own transport from/to the airport to the Swan?

Thanks!

winotracy
05-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Swan/Dolphin doesn't use ME right? So we need to find our own transport from/to the airport to the Swan?

Thanks!

you are correct, you will need to find your own transfers.

Tonya2426
05-12-2010, 05:15 PM
I want to say it was $10 a day for a resort fee. But you got a newspaper and two bottles of water!

And it includes internet - although you pay for it, I love not having to choose to pay for it - it is all a mental thing but I like it :rolleyes1

Renysmom
05-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Tracy -

FYI the drop down dates are correct now but everytime you hit the button to process you get a "Processing Data error" and a screen full of SQL Coding..

Tried it in Firefox, Safari, and Chrome

winotracy
05-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Tracy -

FYI the drop down dates are correct now but everytime you hit the button to process you get a "Processing Data error" and a screen full of SQL Coding..

Tried it in Firefox, Safari, and Chrome

We are working on this. Please don't keep trying as it is duplicating your requests. I will post when things are fixed again.

Thank you!

winotracy
05-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Ok, everything should be working fine. You will receive a confirmation email from us when you submit your request and then again when it is confirmed. If you submitted already, we have your request (and will get rid of any duplicates) so there is no need to resubmit.

Thanks!

Launchpad11B
05-12-2010, 06:31 PM
-

winotracy
05-12-2010, 06:59 PM
It's good to see you again over here Tracy. It makes it feel officially close to cruise time. miss you. :goodvibes

Thanks Paul. I'm around and been watching for cruise questions. :goodvibes

jessrose18
05-13-2010, 09:09 AM
Can I ask if we sign up for just transfers when do we pay that, with our cruise balance or now? Also I have rented a car and am returning it to the dolphin that morning what is the best (i know rough estimate at this point) time to put as my return time I picked 10 am? Busses dont leave sooner than that do they? Thanks Tracy.

winotracy
05-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Can I ask if we sign up for just transfers when do we pay that, with our cruise balance or now? Also I have rented a car and am returning it to the dolphin that morning what is the best (i know rough estimate at this point) time to put as my return time I picked 10 am? Busses dont leave sooner than that do they? Thanks Tracy.

You will pay for the transfers now. We started to load the buses at 9:45 am last year. I'm not sure what the plan is for this year as we'll need to see how many people, etc.

Hedy
05-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Woohoo! I'll be putting in my booking once I get home from work. :cool1::cool1:

Cherinva
05-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Tracy, I have a couple of questions:

1. Since we are staying at the Poly, would it be possible to change our transfer to leave from the Swan/Dolphin instead of the Poly?

2. And, if so, is there Disney transportation to slep us and our luggage from the Poly to the Swan/Dolphin?

I'm not sure I want to do this, but I would like to consider the option...as it would be fun being on the same bus as other DISers.....

winotracy
05-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Tracy, I have a couple of questions:

1. Since we are staying at the Poly, would it be possible to change our transfer to leave from the Swan/Dolphin instead of the Poly?

2. And, if so, is there Disney transportation to slep us and our luggage from the Poly to the Swan/Dolphin?

I'm not sure I want to do this, but I would like to consider the option...as it would be fun being on the same bus as other DISers.....

I can remove your transfers with Disney Cruise Lines and you can book the ones that Dreams is offering. Just let me know. You cannot use Disney transportation to move your luggage from the Poly to the Swan/Dolphin. Last year we just got a cab between the two.

Keep in mind the transfers we are offering are NOT through Disney Cruise Lines. They are offered through Dreams Unlimited Travel. If you currently have transfers booked through the cruise line, we must cancel them and they you must book separately through the link provided.

Dodie
05-13-2010, 01:57 PM
You cannot use Disney transportation to move your luggage from the Poly to the Swan/Dolphin. Last year we just got a cab between the two.

Last time, we were at the VWL and we just had breakfast there and then grabbed a taxi over to the Swan/Dolphin convention center area (where the DIS buses were loading). It was easy.

Keep in mind the transfers we are offering are NOT through Disney Cruise Lines. They are offered through Dreams Unlimited Travel. If you currently have transfers booked through the cruise line, we must cancel them and they you must book separately through the link provided.

Riding with a bus full of DISers to and from the port was a GREAT time last time! You're all excited on the way there. Everyone is chatting and taking pictures. On the way back, you're all exhausted, but everyone knows everyone even better. It's a GREAT time!

lovethecastle
05-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Hi Tracy,
I booked my round trip transfers from the swan to the port & the port to the swan. We will need to have a wheelchair accessible bus. Is this possible?
thank you in advance!

winotracy
05-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Hi Tracy,
I booked my round trip transfers from the swan to the port & the port to the swan. We will need to have a wheelchair accessible bus. Is this possible?
thank you in advance!

Hi Sandy,

Is it a wheelchair or scooter that you will have? Are you able to get into the bus with or without assistance? Please email me and let me know and I'll see. We did have one scooter last year and that was not a problem.

Thanks!

DVCsince02
05-13-2010, 03:40 PM
I hope these drivers are more careful unloading than they were last time. I remember a few soft coolers were dripping after being tossed out of the bus.

If you decide to bring your own beverages, you may want to take them onboard instead of putting them under the bus.

lovethecastle
05-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Hi Tracy,
Please forgive me for not emailing you. I can't find your email address. I'm not very computer literate.
My son is in a manual wheelchair. He is totally non-ambulatory so he will need 100% assistance.
For example his school bus has a wheelchair lift.
Thanks again!

winotracy
05-14-2010, 04:43 AM
Hi Tracy,
Please forgive me for not emailing you. I can't find your email address. I'm not very computer literate.
My son is in a manual wheelchair. He is totally non-ambulatory so he will need 100% assistance.
For example his school bus has a wheelchair lift.
Thanks again!

Hi Sandy, my email address is tracy@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com. Can you send this on email so I can connect the information up with your reservation?

Thank you!

lovethecastle
05-14-2010, 05:24 AM
Hi Tracy,
Will do. Thank you!

winotracy
05-15-2010, 08:27 AM
For those waiting for a confirmation --

The requests come in and we send them to the hotel, the hotel then processes your payment and sends us the confirmation. In order for you to get the great low rate, they have to program in the discounted price in their system. When we last checked yesterday afternoon, this was not completed. Once the Swan has the discounted rate loaded, your requests will be processed and confirmations will be sent out. As a result, it is taking a little longer with these first requests received. Hopefully on Monday we'll be sending confirmations out to you all!

Thank you!

Mish19
05-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Hi Tracy,
I have a Starwood Preferred Guest number, can it be used with the Swan reservation?

winotracy
05-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Hi Tracy,
I have a Starwood Preferred Guest number, can it be used with the Swan reservation?

I'll check on this and let you know. If you haven't put in a request yet, put your number in the Notes.

Cherinva
05-19-2010, 07:30 AM
When is the cut off date for changing transfers from DCL to Dreams?

winotracy
05-19-2010, 07:33 AM

The cut off date for changing transfers with DCL is three days prior to the cruise. The cut off date for adding transfers with Dreams will be much further in advance than that, however a date has not been set. It won't be before the final payment date on the cruise of September 27 however.

Cherinva
05-21-2010, 06:29 AM
What time would we have to be at the Swan to catch the bus?

winotracy
05-21-2010, 06:33 AM
What time would we have to be at the Swan to catch the bus?

The time has not been set yet and won't be set for quite a while. Last year the buses left the Dolphin between 10 and 10:15 am. This was in part because I needed to get to the port for a meeting. This year I won't be on the buses so this time could be adjusted.

We'll probably check to see what everyone riding the transfers would like to do and take the popular vote.

macman752
05-21-2010, 10:56 AM
The time has not been set yet and won't be set for quite a while. Last year the buses left the Dolphin between 10 and 10:15 am. This was in part because I needed to get to the port for a meeting. This year I won't be on the buses so this time could be adjusted.

We'll probably check to see what everyone riding the transfers would like to do and take the popular vote.

I vote to hold the unpopular vote! ;)

winotracy
07-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Just bumping this up.

jessrose18
08-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Tracy- trying to book my flights is a 11;35 flight home on the 16th too early if I am taking Dreams bus from cruise port to mco? THANKS!

winotracy
08-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Tracy- trying to book my flights is a 11;35 flight home on the 16th too early if I am taking Dreams bus from cruise port to mco? THANKS!

I wouldn't go any earlier than this. You should have plenty of time if there are no delays.

jessrose18
08-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Thanks! That flight is the cheapest for me I might try it...:thumbsup2

lovethecastle
08-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Do all the buses leaving for the port on cruise day leave at the same time or are they at staggered times?
thank you!

jeanigor
08-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Do all the buses leaving for the port on cruise day leave at the same time or are they at staggered times?
thank you!

Last year, there were three buses and all three departed at the same time. An issue I can see arising is someone missing the bus they were scheduled to be on and bumping to a later bus and packing the buses too full.

winotracy
08-11-2010, 04:31 AM
thank you!

Last year, there were three buses and all three departed at the same time. An issue I can see arising is someone missing the bus they were scheduled to be on and bumping to a later bus and packing the buses too full.

Thanks Todd, I missed this question yesterday. The way it was set up last year is that one bus pulled up and filled up and then left then the other bus filled up and left. We had three buses and they were all going to the Dolphin. This year we will have buses to the airport and to the Swan so we will likely have two going at a time.

We did not assign buses in advance because if the bus was full, we didn't want everyone on that bus waiting for one or two people who could be late. Everything seemed to work out fine and few had to wait for a bus to get there. By the time the last bus left, pretty much the terminal was empty too. Bill and I were the last ones at the port waiting for a shuttle to take us to the car rental location.

lovethecastle
08-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Thanks Todd, I missed this question yesterday. The way it was set up last year is that one bus pulled up and filled up and then left then the other bus filled up and left. We had three buses and they were all going to the Dolphin. This year we will have buses to the airport and to the Swan so we will likely have two going at a time.

We did not assign buses in advance because if the bus was full, we didn't want everyone on that bus waiting for one or two people who could be late. Everything seemed to work out fine and few had to wait for a bus to get there. By the time the last bus left, pretty much the terminal was empty too. Bill and I were the last ones at the port waiting for a shuttle to take us to the car rental location.

Tracy,
thank you for the response but what I meant to ask was on the morning of december 12th was there one time where the buses would leave or was it staggered going to the port? I guess going back up to orlando is good to know but I wasn't thinking that far in advance. Have a great day!

winotracy
08-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Tracy,
thank you for the response but what I meant to ask was on the morning of december 12th was there one time where the buses would leave or was it staggered going to the port? I guess going back up to orlando is good to know but I wasn't thinking that far in advance. Have a great day!

There was one time and there probably will be again. Just like on the 16th, once a bus is full and ready to go, it will leave.

lovethecastle
08-11-2010, 06:53 PM
There was one time and there probably will be again. Just like on the 16th, once a bus is full and ready to go, it will leave.

thank you Tracy!:goodvibes

thank you to Todd also for the help!:goodvibes

ADP
09-13-2010, 09:14 PM
Ask Tracy - What is the earliest time for catching a flight at MCO if using DME from the port to the MCO?

winotracy
09-14-2010, 04:32 AM
Ask Tracy - What is the earliest time for catching a flight at MCO if using DME from the port to the MCO?

Just for clarification so that no one misunderstands, DME does not operate to the port. Disney Cruise Lines has their own transfers and they charge $35 each way per person. This must be added to your reservation no later than 3 days prior to the cruise.

DCL recommends the earliest time you should schedule a flight after your cruise is 12:30 pm. That said, you have a little wiggle room if you schedule it earlier than that, but I absolutely wouldn't go before 11:30 am using DCL transfers. I have been on the ship before when it hasn't cleared customs until 9:00 am. As you can imagine there were many lines to get out and disembarkation took forever. Also, there is basically only one way to get to the airport so if there is an accident on the highway, you will be stopped in traffic for a bit.

winotracy
09-14-2010, 04:34 AM

The cut off for removing Dreams/DIS transfers is September 27 with your final payment date.

jeanigor
09-14-2010, 09:07 AM
The cut off for removing Dreams/DIS transfers is September 27 with your final payment date.

Is there going to be any further information about the DU transfers before the cut off date? Such as time?

scarlett873
09-14-2010, 09:15 AM

And when is the last chance for us to add the DU transfers? Same date or can we add them later?

WebmasterJohn
09-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Is there going to be any further information about the DU transfers before the cut off date? Such as time?

We probably won't have info on the transfers before the cut-off date Todd.

We need to know our total number of passengers before we go to the transportation company and make the final arrangements.

My goal is to get everyone to the port by noon - so my GUESS is we will have the buses leave the Swan around 11AM. Again this will depend on the total number of passengers and how the bus company will work with us but I think this is very doable.

jeanigor
09-14-2010, 09:23 AM
We probably won't have info on the transfers before the cut-off date Todd.

We need to know our total number of passengers before we go to the transportation company and make the final arrangements.

My goal is to get everyone to the port by noon - so my GUESS is we will have the buses leave the Swan around 11AM. Again this will depend on the total number of passengers and how the bus company will work with us but I think this is very doable.

What time were the buses scheduled to leave last year, as a point of reference for breakfast plans?

winotracy
09-14-2010, 09:28 AM
What time were the buses scheduled to leave last year, as a point of reference for breakfast plans?

Last year they left at 10:00 am.

WebmasterJohn
09-14-2010, 09:29 AM

Last year they left about 10 - 10:15AM because Tracy was on the bus and had to be at a meeting at the port. This year she's not going to be taking the bus so we are planning on having the buses leave a little later - but still alloow enough time for folks to meet and greet at the terminal and get in line early to board the ship.

I would say plan on getting to the buses at the Swan about 10:30AM. That should allow enough time for everyone to board the buses and the buses to leave by 11AM.

jeanigor
09-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Last year they left at 10:00 am.

Last year they left about 10 - 10:15AM because Tracy was on the bus and had to be at a meeting at the port. This year she's not going to be taking the bus so we are planning on having the buses leave a little later - but still alloow enough time for folks to meet and greet at the terminal and get in line early to board the ship.

I would say plan on getting to the buses at the Swan about 10:30AM. That should allow enough time for everyone to board the buses and the buses to leave by 11AM.

The later time will work better for breakfast plans. It was quite tight last year, as far as the timeframe is concerned.

To re-ask Brandie's question, when is the last day to sign up for the transfers? Is it the 27th, to coincide with final payment date?

WebmasterJohn
09-14-2010, 09:40 AM
The later time will work better for breakfast plans. It was quite tight last year, as far as the timeframe is concerned.

To re-ask Brandie's question, when is the last day to sign up for the transfers? Is it the 27th, to coincide with final payment date?

I would like to have the total number of folks using the transfers finalized by 9/27. That will help with the scheduling.

Depending on the number of buses we need we may keep DIS/Dreams transfers open after 9/27 as we may not 'fill' the last bus and I am OK with keeping them open as long we we have space available.

We just need to know the minimum number of passengers by 9/27 to make a committment to the bus company.

scarlett873
09-14-2010, 09:47 AM
I would like to have the total number of folks using the transfers finalized by 9/27. That will help with the scheduling.

Depending on the number of buses we need we may keep DIS/Dreams transfers open after 9/27 as we may not 'fill' the last bus and I am OK with keeping them open as long we we have space available.

We just need to know the minimum number of passengers by 9/27 to make a committment to the bus company.

Thank you!

Thanks Todd for re-asking my question for me...:hug:

Dodie
09-14-2010, 10:11 AM
I have a question - and I may have actually asked it earlier in the thread when we originally signed up (sorry if that's the case).

I remember signing up for these transfers and submitting my information, but I don't recall ever getting a confirmation of that anywhere and it doesn't show up on my DU reservation site anywhere. Is there a way to confirm this that I'm missing?

Thanks.

winotracy
09-14-2010, 10:17 AM
I have a question - and I may have actually asked it earlier in the thread when we originally signed up (sorry if that's the case).

I remember signing up for these transfers and submitting my information, but I don't recall ever getting a confirmation of that anywhere and it doesn't show up on my DU reservation site anywhere. Is there a way to confirm this that I'm missing?

Thanks.

Dodie, it should show on your cruise reservation that you have transfers. It doesn't specify which transfers and there is not a separate confirmation number.

Dodie
09-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Dodie, it should show on your cruise reservation that you have transfers. It doesn't specify which transfers and there is not a separate confirmation number.

Thanks so much! There it is! Transfers - Yes. Duh.

BriarRosie
09-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I saw it said "Transfers - Yes". So as of now, it's probably the transfer from the Beach Club resort.

It is feasible for me to change to the DU/Swan because I'm having breakfast in the area, but I'm confused on the luggage issue. When I used DCL's transfers on my one and only past cruise, I believe we were able to leave luggage in the room with the cruise tags on them and just bring carry on luggage on the DCL bus. Disney would pick up bags from room and handle baggage transfer to the port.

I would think if I opted for the DU/Swan, I'd have to walk my luggage over to the Swan, correct? (I don't have a problem with that, since I've done similar "luggage walks" from Bally's to Caesar's in Vegas.) So the scenario I'm picturing is:

Express check out at Beach Club, can leave room at any time with my luggage.
Do the "luggage walk" to S/D and store it with valet and go to Fresh.
After breakfast, go to valet and get luggage ready for bus.

My other question would be, does the DU transfer cover another bus back to WDW? If it heads back to the Swan, I can "luggage walk" back to Beach Club for my second check in. If there isn't a DU transfer back to WDW, I will keep DCL transfers. Inquiring minds want to know. :flower3:

WebmasterJohn
09-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I saw it said "Transfers - Yes". So as of now, it's probably the transfer from the Beach Club resort.

It is feasible for me to change to the DU/Swan because I'm having breakfast in the area, but I'm confused on the luggage issue. When I used DCL's transfers on my one and only past cruise, I believe we were able to leave luggage in the room with the cruise tags on them and just bring carry on luggage on the DCL bus. Disney would pick up bags from room and handle baggage transfer to the port.

I would think if I opted for the DU/Swan, I'd have to walk my luggage over to the Swan, correct? (I don't have a problem with that, since I've done similar "luggage walks" from Bally's to Caesar's in Vegas.) So the scenario I'm picturing is:

My other question would be, does the DU transfer cover another bus back to WDW? If it heads back to the Swan, I can "luggage walk" back to Beach Club for my second check in. If there isn't a DU transfer back to WDW, I will keep DCL transfers. Inquiring minds want to know. :flower3:

You are correct - you would need to get your luggage to the bus at the Swan - sorry I'm just not willing to go get your luggage for you :thumbsup2

You can book roundtrip transfers back to the Swan.

The DU transfers does mean getting your luggage to the bus both ways on your own.

winotracy
09-17-2010, 04:13 AM

Hi Lori,

Your transfers right now are set up from the airport to the port and then back to the airport. In order to change your current transfers to start at the Beach Club, you will need to pay an additional $1. We will need to know which resort you are going to as well.

There is another option for the luggage. Disney Cruise Lines is now offering a luggage only service where you can pay for your luggage to go to the port. I'll have to double check the cost but I believe it is $25 for up to six bags (for those of you thinking of sharing, the bags would all have to be going to one room). You cannot register for this service in advance, you must make the arrangements in the lobby of your resort with the Disney Cruise Lines representative (I would check when they are available when you check in so you are not waiting until the last minute).

Transfers are available through Dreams/DIS roundtrip to the Swan or with the return to the airport.

BriarRosie
09-19-2010, 01:37 PM
You are correct - you would need to get your luggage to the bus at the Swan - sorry I'm just not willing to go get your luggage for you :thumbsup2

You can book roundtrip transfers back to the Swan.

The DU transfers does mean getting your luggage to the bus both ways on your own.

Hi Lori,

Your transfers right now are set up from the airport to the port and then back to the airport. In order to change your current transfers to start at the Beach Club, you will need to pay an additional $1. We will need to know which resort you are going to as well.

There is another option for the luggage. Disney Cruise Lines is now offering a luggage only service where you can pay for your luggage to go to the port. I'll have to double check the cost but I believe it is $25 for up to six bags (for those of you thinking of sharing, the bags would all have to be going to one room). You cannot register for this service in advance, you must make the arrangements in the lobby of your resort with the Disney Cruise Lines representative (I would check when they are available when you check in so you are not waiting until the last minute).

Transfers are available through Dreams/DIS roundtrip to the Swan or with the return to the airport.

Eek, glad I asked! I'm doing BCV before and after the cruise, so I would definitely need the transfers changed! I have no problem doing the "luggage walk" to and from the Swan going that route. I'll follow up with an email!

WebmasterJohn
09-19-2010, 07:18 PM
I'm going to post this in a couple of different places so it makes it in front of as many sets of eyes as possible.

For those using the DIS/Dreams transfers for the cruise parking will be available at the Swan if you have a car.

Parking will be $11 per day.

The folks at the Swan have asked that I provide them with a list of who will be leaving their car. I don't know if they need to know car type/model yet or anything like but I will let you know.

So - if you want to park at the Swan for PCC 2.0 please email me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and I will add you to the list.

Since space is limited foks who have signed up for the transfers will get first shot at the parking - if they have room then others not using our transfers will be permitted to park at the Swan.

So email me if you want to be put on the list.

Dodie
09-21-2010, 08:05 AM
Quick question about the 9/27 deadline (which may be a dumb one - sorry). :goodvibes

Is is also okay to cancel up to that date? We booked and paid for the DIS transfers when they were first announced, but now we may have found a different means of transportation. I'll definitely know by 9/24. Is cancelling still an option up to that point?

Thanks John.

lovethecastle
10-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Does anyone know if there are taxi's available at the swan? After the cruise we are going to be staying at the Wilderness Lodge. We are taking the transfer from DU & after being dropped off at the swan we need to find a way to WL.
Thanks in Advance!

Dodie
10-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Does anyone know if there are taxi's available at the swan? After the cruise we are going to be staying at the Wilderness Lodge. We are taking the transfer from DU & after being dropped off at the swan we need to find a way to WL.
Thanks in Advance!

Absolutely. If there aren't any sitting there waiting, you can ask the bell staff and they'll call one for you. Doesn't take anytime at all.

Becx N Gav
10-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Thanks in Advance!

I think I remember hearing you should ask specifically for a taxi and not a town car as these cost more :thumbsup2

lovethecastle
10-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Absolutely. If there aren't any sitting there waiting, you can ask the bell staff and they'll call one for you. Doesn't take anytime at all.

Thank you so much for the response:goodvibes. I never thought to ask the bell staff to call a cab.
Thank you again. I was a little worried about getting ourselfs & all of our luggage over to the wiilderness lodge.
have a great day!

lovethecastle
10-12-2010, 12:39 PM
I think I remember hearing you should ask specifically for a taxi and not a town car as these cost more :thumbsup2

Now that I think about it I think I remember someone mentioning that on a podcast. I will definetly remember it when we are there. I am so trying to save some money for some souvieners on this trip.
Thanks for the info!

OKW Lover
10-12-2010, 05:16 PM
We actually took a taxi after PCC 1.0 just to go from the Swan to BCV. We did tip well though.

Hedy
10-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Now that I think about it I think I remember someone mentioning that on a podcast. I will definetly remember it when we are there. I am so trying to save some money for some souvieners on this trip.
Thanks for the info!

Yepp, that was me! I'm definitely asking for a "TAXI, not a TOWNCAR, please," this time. :rotfl::rotfl:

MomlvsGoofy
10-18-2010, 09:19 AM
How long does it take for the transfers to show on your reservation?

Cherinva
10-18-2010, 11:59 AM
How long does it take for the transfers to show on your reservation?

I just looked at my reservation and under transfers is says "yes"