PDA

View Full Version : Good Drinks in Disney

Circus181920
05-12-2010, 10:51 AM
I will finally be 21 when we go to Disney in July! Does anyone have any suggestions for good drinks to get at the parks?

Also this is a little off topic, but where in MK can you get the Tinkerbell sour slushies (from pics I have seen on the threads they look really good)!

Thanks!

disneydee6
05-12-2010, 12:01 PM
I've seen several different threads about this. Not only do you get to celebrate the fact u are 21 but you get to walk around the park with a drink in hand. Fun right??

MK is a dry park. I have not heard about those tinkerbell drink thing? Is it non-alcholoic?

DHS, besides the restaurants, I really haven't heard much about any places to drink there. I have seen something on allears.net about the Backlot Beverage area that serves drinks, although I've never seen or been...guess we'll have to try it out!
Sci-fi and mama melrose serve drinks, but those are also TS restaurants.

AK - everyone has suggested the Dawa bar. Yak and Yeti also has a CS with some drinks, and I also think the TS has a bar.

Epcot - Have you heard of 'drink around the world?'. Depending on what you like, the list of favorites goes something like this

Mexico - La cava del Tequila (lots of fun margarita drinks including a jalepeno marg, a avocado marg, and the bloody orange margarita)
Norway - Viking coffee (with baileys) or beer
China - (Joy of Tea Stand kiosk)Mango Gingerita, Canto Loopy, Peach Snapl or Green Plum Bao Bing
Germany - Beer of course!
Italy - Peach Bellini, Limoncello or wine
Japan - Hot Sake
Morocco - kiosk (they have sultans colada or a daquiri)
France - EVERYONE has suggested the Grey Goose Slushie or the Grand Marnier (Both are good!):goodvibes
UK - Welsh Dragon or Strongbow Cider

Enjoy your drinking! :rotfl:

Circus181920
05-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Thanks! The Tinkerbell drinks are non-alcoholic!

Uno Mas
05-12-2010, 03:21 PM
There's a bar inside the 50's Prime Time Cafe in DHS that's really neat - plenty of drinks there. That's pretty much the only place we stop for a beer before the walk to Epcot and WS! And yes, of course, drinking your way around the world is a must.

I also suggest Yak and Yeti's bar - get there early to get a seat, it's not very big, but the stools are huge and so comfortable - you never want to leave. You can order snacks or lunch off the menu too at the bar. Then head to the Dawa bar. Love it there too.

Another thing to do is lounge hop the resorts. Start with the monorail resorts - they all have bars/lounges, as does WL but it doesn't open until 4 p.m. Then hit the Epcot resorts and the Boardwalk area, not to pass up The Swan and Dolphin lounges, too! Enjoy!

np4gp
05-12-2010, 03:31 PM
If you are going to Epcot - there is a tequila bar inside the pyramid to the right with a huge selection and some appetizer type foods. My personal fave though - the Grey Goose Slush in France!! Others may prefer the Grand Marnier one, but I found it way too sweet. Safari Amber is a great beer at AK and I don't even like beer...

disneyfav4ever
05-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Epcot - Margaritas at the tequila bar, and slushies in France.

I also really love the Magical Star cocktails that are served all over property.

Simba22
05-12-2010, 03:56 PM
My favorites are the Pink Bikini Martini at Mama Melrose's (DHS) and the Everest Avalanche at Yak & Yeti! Have fun and Happy Birthday!

disneyric
05-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Definatly get the margaritas in mexico, the orange slush in france. If you like beer, hit the UK and germany. AK doesn't really have much, but you can always find some beer. In HS, 50's prime time has great drinks as well as hollywood brown durby.

Have fun!

Birdman1511
05-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Definitely go drinking around the world at Epcot.. I do it a few times every year with my friends and its a lot of fun and some of the pictures turn out hilarious.. one time we made shirts for it, and every where we went other guests wanted to sign our shirts or write something really funny on them. The list Disneydee6 gave you is spot on:thumbsup2

disneydee6
05-13-2010, 07:35 PM
You know it! lol

turkeymama
05-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Fiesta margarita in Mexico and the Moroccorita in Morocco. I must try the Grand Marnier Slush next time I go.

honeydiane1953
05-13-2010, 08:24 PM
The orange slushie from France with grand marnier(sp) is the best. The CM told me the men favor the lemon and the women the orange so I chose the orange. It did not disappoint. Samantha Brown told me about this on her WDW special and Great is the word.:cool2:

otownguy
05-14-2010, 08:47 AM
Lots of good drinks but here are two that are simply to die for:

1) Calle ocho mojito at Bongos:

Mojito made with 8 year old Bacardi rum.

2) Naranja Roja margarita at Tequila cave in Mexico at Epcot:

Sweet-tart flavors of the blood orange juice and the hibiscus syrup, El Mayor Blanco Tequila, Triple Sec liquor, topped with blood orange foam, served on the rocks with a hibiscus Himalayan salt rim:cool1:

SFigments
05-14-2010, 08:56 AM
I am not a big drinker but every time we go to WDW I always get an orange slush in France (the one everyone has suggested) it is fantastically yummy. A great drink if you really don't like the taste of alcohol that much.
As for the tinkerbell drinks I have never heard of them but would love to know where to find them as I have a Tinkerbell fan. The only drink with her we ever got was at 1900 park Fair and it was a glow cube Tink.

SuzieN
05-14-2010, 09:07 AM
My 2 favorite adult beverages at WDW are the Yak Attack in AK (I dream about this one!) and the Mowie Wowie at 50's Primetime in DHS. I also really enjoy the Welsh Dragon (UK) and the peach schnapps slushie drink in China in the World Showcase.:goodvibes

ntsammy5
05-14-2010, 09:40 AM
I'm partial to the beer. Go figure. :drinking1 :drinking:

Cat0727
05-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Definitely get a Lapu Lapu at the Poly!

Tinkerkell123
05-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Margaritas in Mexico, 50's Prime Time also has some good ones and there is usually a glowing ice cube in those! :cool1:

In Downtown Disney the T-Rex Cafe has a Cotton Candy Martini that is fabulous! I was worried it would be too sweet, but it wasn't and I got to keep the shaker it came in! :woohoo:

mom of princessx2
05-14-2010, 12:38 PM
While at Epcot you could stroll over to the Beach Club and get a Mango Mojito at Hurricane Hannahs, which is located outside by the pool. They are out of this world!!!

Cookie Princess
05-15-2010, 06:32 PM
In Downtown Disney the T-Rex Cafe has a Cotton Candy Martini that is fabulous! I was worried it would be too sweet, but it wasn't and I got to keep the shaker it came in! :woohoo:

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this drink. :love: It comes in 3 different flavors...my goal is to try them all!

JerseyJanice
05-15-2010, 07:00 PM
I was crazy for the mango mint mojitos I got at Pop's Petals poolside bar. I also had a very tasty blackberry mojito at the Outer Rim Lounge in the Contemporary resort.