PDA

View Full Version : Best time for Chef Mickey's dinner?

Brazilmom
05-12-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm thinking of booking Chef Mickey's for our last night in our December trip and wondered: in terms of character interaction and food quality, is it better to go earlier in the evening? Or does it not really make a difference what time we go?

hildarumpole
05-12-2010, 09:56 AM
The earlier the better. We had a 5:00 ADR. It was great. We got seated right away. The restaurant wasn't that busy, so the characters were able to spend more time with us. We even got second visits from Pluto and Minnie. The food was all hot and fresh and service was terrific. By the time we left around 6:00, the place was getting packed, with a long line at the check-in podium. The buffet was crowded and it was getting messy. The general atmosphere of the restaurant became very noisy and chaotic. We were glad to be leaving.

Brazilmom
05-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Thanks! I was thinking this might be the case...

Has anyone done the opposite - gone for a late ressie time?

ROEDISNEY
05-12-2010, 11:23 AM
I always book as soon as they open which is 5 :thumbsup2

Brazilmom
05-13-2010, 07:23 AM
Cool, I'll try and get an early seating, then. Probably best anyway as we leave kind of early the next morning...

LJD2143
05-13-2010, 07:34 AM
I would recommend an earlier seating at ANY buffet.
We've had 8:00pm and later reservations at buffets - the food quality and quantity really deteriorates as the night goes on.