PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best coffee at WDW?

toodycat
05-12-2010, 06:58 AM
I love a good cup of coffee and frequently find WDW coffee underwhelming. So, I'd like to ask others: Where is the best coffee at WDW?

minniebeth
05-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Personally, I'm not a coffee drinker, but DH is, and he says that hands down his favorite is Kona Island Cafe Coffee Bar at the Polynesian. It's Kona coffee from Hawaii~ he loves it!

SAHDad
05-12-2010, 09:15 AM
I haven't tried the Kona coffee bar at the Poly, but the only other place where I have found decent coffee is The Writer's Stop in DHS. The rest of the coffee is mediocre at best.

DanielJoseph
05-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Nescafe just doesn't cut it for us (Nescafe...really????) :confused3

Anyway, if anyone has any other tips for us coffee snobs, :surfweb: I am all ears!

Dan

robinb
05-12-2010, 09:39 AM
V&A's has the best coffee. We even bought a Cona coffee maker for home after our first meal there :thumbsup2.

All Ears has a listing of where to get coffee (including real coffe):
http://allears.net/din/coffee.htm

We bring our own ground beans and filters and make our own.

sleepydog25
05-12-2010, 09:44 AM
I, too, am a coffee snob, so much so that I usually bring a grinder and my own beans when I travel to WDW. However, I have run across a couple of places with pretty good coffee there.

- Kona has press pot coffee. There is a thread somewhere that talks about press pot coffee locations, and in my experience, the coffee they use for those is of quite good quality. I mention Kona 'cause I was there last October. AP used to have the French press, too, but stopped at one point. I'm now hearing they have it again. When they had it a few years ago, it was excellent.
- If you can get into Shades of Green, there actually is a Starbucks kiosk in the main hotel/lobby area (head down toward their ticket and shopping area). I realize views regarding Starbucks run from great to icky, but their coffees, lattes, and espressos are still light years beyond pretty much any other coffee served at WDW.

Again, my best advice if you can manage it is to bring your own and brew it fresh in your room.

Gigi22
05-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Another vote for the coffee at V & A. I inquired about purchasing their coffee-maker a few years ago, but it was quite pricey for a "manual" coffee-maker, and I couldn't figure out how to wrap it well enough to get it home (and through Customs at the airport) intact. It is still one of the most attractive coffee-makers I've ever seen, and it is a lot of fun to watch it make coffee at your table in V & A.

FireDancer
05-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Perhaps this has already been mentioned but Starbucks is available in the Swan & Dolphin and the coffee at Kona (Poly) is great.

My personal favorite is the press pot at Boma. The fact it is also in my favorite restaurant helps.

ROEDISNEY
05-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Not a coffee drinker but my DH LOVES coffee and says Kona is the best :thumbsup2

Pakey
05-12-2010, 11:20 AM
V&A's is definitely the best.

disneydee6
05-12-2010, 11:39 AM
coffee fiends hello!

Just to let u guys know, starbucks has happy hour 3-5 til the 16th of may. Half off frappucinos. (i know i know, not real coffee and chuck full o calories but oh so delish!):woohoo:

toodycat
05-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Thanks so much. Good news about Boma in particular since we are staying at AKL. In spite of being devoted foodies and coffee fiends, we still haven't eaten at V&A because DH does not like to wear a jacket while on vacation. Perhaps, I can talk him into it this time...

Simba's Mom
05-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Personally, I'm not a coffee drinker, but DH is, and he says that hands down his favorite is Kona Island Cafe Coffee Bar at the Polynesian. It's Kona coffee from Hawaii~ he loves it!

Is it pure Kona coffee or a blend? DS is in Hawaii and raves about the Kona coffee. However, he cautions that the best stuff is the pure Kona, which is more expensive. Some places are offering Kona blends which aren't as good, although they certainly must be alot better than Nescafe!

Micky's biggest fan!
05-12-2010, 02:15 PM
...Does anyone have any opinions about the coffee shop in the CR? Staying at BLT in October and have already been wondering about where the good stuff might be!:cutie:
Thanks!

Golf4food
05-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Kona Cafe. The Kona Island Bar outside is a Kona blend - not full-on Kona beans-only. The only full Kona brew is inside Kona Cafe.

BOMA has a nice press pot of African beans that is more earthy but also quite good.

lborne
05-12-2010, 02:44 PM

If I'm going to the MK I take the resort monorail so I can stop and get their coffee. Its a Kona blend at the bar, but 100% Kona if you get the press, but then you need to eat at Ohanas to get that I think.

Pugmalion1
05-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Another suggestion for the Kona Cafe. I pretty much loathe coffee, but I was on the verge of passing out at the table after our first night at the parks and a flight that left at 5:45 AM that morning. So I ordered the pressed pot, and, I must say, it was very satisfying. Granted, I probably ruined it with milk and sugar, but it was definitely tasty. It got the job done, that's for sure.

Jungle Cruiser
05-12-2010, 03:43 PM
...Does anyone have any opinions about the coffee shop in the CR? Staying at BLT in October and have already been wondering about where the good stuff might be!:cutie:
Thanks!

We stayed at Bay Lake Towers last December got our coffee every morning from the coffee bar in the ground floor lobby of the CR. We too are "coffee snobs" and thought it was good coffee. It tastes the way coffee should, not like the Nescafe they serve at most WDW locations!

Simba22
05-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Make your own!!!

If you're staying at a Moderate or a Deluxe, there is a coffee pot already in the room...just bring your own coffee/filters and use BOTTLED water to make your own coffee in the morning (trust me...the bottled water makes a HUGE difference!)

If you're staying at a Value, hop over to the Budget Boards and see if you can participate in a Coffee Maker Swap. We did one at POP this past October and it was really easy and definitely worth it!

Birdman1511
05-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Take a 15 min. drive off property and swing by my place... because I make the best coffee.

Hugpug
05-12-2010, 05:01 PM
I love the Kona coffee inside the Kona Cafe. I usally buy a bag when I get there and then make my coffee in the room. I get Kona coffee here at home it is a blend but very good. I am not fit for the day without my cup of jo in the morning. Believe it or not that is the only cup I have all day but it is a mug not a timple HA HA

bytheblood
05-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Bringing your own coffee and coffee maker. ;)

mickeywho?
05-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Can you purchase ground coffee here? We're staying at the Poly and I will bring my own press pot if they do!!

es45
05-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Can you purchase ground coffee here? We're staying at the Poly and I will bring my own press pot if they do!!

Yes, the Kona blend is sold at the Poly gift shop.

hkeller27
05-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Another vote for Kona! I am not a coffee drinker, but I look forward to a pot of Kona each trip. Since our honeymoon in Hawaii I have been hooked!

Pixiedust34
05-18-2010, 02:26 PM
What type of coffee is served at the Tusker House breakfast? Is it Nescafe, or a nice African-inspired blend?

irirom
05-18-2010, 02:29 PM
I liked
Boma
Kona
In that particular order.
:cutie:

walkdmc
05-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Kona Cafe

KTSMOM
05-18-2010, 05:03 PM
I agree. We had coffee from the little coffee shop at the CR at our past stay at BLT. It was very good.

twokids0204
05-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Where is the best coffee at WDW?

It is in your room at the resort - provided you bring your own coffee maker, and crush your own beans.

Seriously... coffee at WDW just doesn't cut it!

dalt01
05-18-2010, 06:25 PM
i am weighing the logistics of packing my keurig........wife thinks i am an idiot to do so.:confused3..............................agreed.

vinotinto
05-18-2010, 07:39 PM
We brought our own coffee last year and are planning to do so again. Don't want to mess with a bad cup of coffee. Talk about a real addiction, I get a headache whenever I don't have a decent cup of coffee in te morning.

Does anyone know how much is the Kona at the Poly gift shop? Does Captain Cook's or Ohana have any decent coffee or only Kona?