PDA

View Full Version : Was free dining extended in 2009/2010?

traveljunkie2
05-11-2010, 06:57 PM
I seem to recall that free dining was extended beyond October last year. Can anyone confirm this? We would love to go in January with free dining if it is offered.

chocovrdmicears
05-11-2010, 07:02 PM
It was extended, I believe into mid Dec.
I don't think Free Dining has ever been available in January.

purple figment
05-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Yes, it was extended to mid December.

Kim T :figment:

traveljunkie2
05-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Thanks. Early Dec would work, too. We're looking for a time with cooler weather and fewer crowds. I seem to recall that the crowds were reported to be pretty low from after Thanksgiving to early Dec. Now we just have to keep our fingers crossed that they will extend FD this year!

TDC Nala
05-11-2010, 10:01 PM
It wasn't technically extended - a separate general public offer was made covering check-ins between September 27 and December 17. There's no way to know if the same offer will be made this year though. Free dining has never been offered to the general public in January.

Missytara
05-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks. Early Dec would work, too. We're looking for a time with cooler weather and fewer crowds. I seem to recall that the crowds were reported to be pretty low from after Thanksgiving to early Dec. Now we just have to keep our fingers crossed that they will extend FD this year!

Actually, some of us have our fingers crossed that FD doesn't get extended into that week. I am one of them.

I have been going the week after Thanksgiving since 2000. It HAD been a good week to go. However, a few years ago, the Travel Channel did a special called "Disney on a Dime." They declared the week after Thanksgiving the best bang for your buck all year. It definately picked up a bit the next year.

Last year, when the 4/3 deal and the FD was extended, that week was noticeably busier and I suddenly found myself for the first time having to make ADR's.:scared1:

Luckily, last year, it was only 90 days out that you could make your ressies, so I did have time and was able to book everything I wanted.

Tricia1972
05-12-2010, 11:42 AM
I am going to close this thread and direct everyone to the Free Dining Watch for October 2nd and beyond.

Part of the problem with multiple threads with people waiting for the same information is that one thread gets updated, while the other threads are in the dark.

I say this because Free Dining Pins are starting to come out through December 24th, and nobody updated you guys here this morning. :goodvibes

Check out this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2457133 for the latest info on 'extended' free dining.