PDA

View Full Version : Services available at resorts (value, mod, deluxe)

Gagebre
08-10-2002, 07:33 PM
I have wanted to ask this question every since I stayed at ASMu in May. We usually stay offsite and if I forget something (toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, etc.) I have always been able to call the front desk and they usually immediately have someone bring it to me. Well I did just that at the ASMu, I forgot my husband's toothbrush and when I called they said I would have to go to the gift shop and buy one (which I did, but at night the walk from the Country Section is quite a hike when your tired). I realize this is a value resort (even though some of the offsite hotels I've stayed I would also consider value) so maybe this is why they don't provide such items, but do they do the same thing at the moderates or deluxes? Again, I'm not really complaining, but wanted to know what services are offered if staying in standard rooms at the other levels.

:wave:

cassie
08-10-2002, 08:32 PM
I have stayed at AKL and bought a bottle of wine in the gift shop. Since I didn't bring a corkscrew, I asked if they sold them. The CM said to call housekeeping and they would bring one up to my room. Which they did promptly. But that was a deluxe. I've stayed at value, mods & deluxe and if I forgot to bring something (like sunscreen) I would just go to the gift store to buy it.

Janet2k
08-12-2002, 02:33 AM
Gagebre, I'm like Cassie. I stay at deluxe resorts and if I find I have forgotten anything, I go to the resort's gift shop to purchase it. I was raised to take full responsibility for my family's needs, that is not Disney's concern (expect for offering me a clean and safe place to sleep at night in exchange for my money ;) ).

FunkyLamb
08-12-2002, 03:22 AM
We're staying at BW Villas and I brought a really nice bottle of champagne for me and the lady. I was planning to just stick it in the ice bucket and chill like that so when we got back from our evening out, we have a little bubbly on the balcony.

When I went to set everything up before we went out, I realized that we didn't have a bucket. I met the lady down in the lobby and quietly told the Guests Services CM my situation on the way out the door. After dinner and dancing I get back to the room to discover a iced wine bucket and stand, draped with linen and with two roses. Very very cool.

That to me is what makes WDW my favorite resort.

Just had to share.:smooth:

Gagebre
08-12-2002, 09:38 AM
I didn't realize asking for toothpaste or toothbrush from housekeeping meant I didn't take responsbility for my families needs.

FunkyLamb - that was amazing service, how nice!

Lewisc
08-12-2002, 09:46 AM
Janet--I would buy whatever I forgot but willingness to furnish complimentary items (toothbrush) is one of the criteria that's used to evaluate hotels. Consumers Union makes note of this in their review of hotels. Disney hotels are more of a hybrid, you don't normally see food courts in deluxe hotels for example but a TRUE deluxe hotel would be happy to give you a razer or toothbrush (particularly if you checked in after the gift shop was closed).

PatriciaH
08-12-2002, 05:35 PM
My husband forgot his toothbrush on one stay at Coronado Springs and we called housekeeping. They brought one right over. We have also called for more pillows at CSR and Port Orleans French Quarter. They bring them within 10 minutes and we give them $2 for the trouble.