PDA

View Full Version : Ah bugger... need some TS credit advice!

LovesHerTaurus
05-11-2010, 03:43 PM
We're staying for 10 days. Got all my ADRs done, and planned to use the last 4 TS credits for room service pizza after late fireworks nights.

Guess what. My cool-but-crap hotel doesn't deliver pizza to rooms. We're at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

So in total I have 4 extra table service credits that belong to 2 people. I was told the TS credit has to match the person buying the meal.

Are there any take out table service restaurants at Animal Kingdom Lodge or Magic Kingdom that would allow me to use my last 4 table service credits (that belong to 2 people!) or can I trade them down for 4 quick service meals?

Advice and help please!
Heather
Lost in ADR world :D

mousiemom
05-11-2010, 04:24 PM
why don't you use them for some of the signature meals that take 2TS?? on one of our trips, to break up having to go out to eat every night, we did (2) 2ts meals. one @ Cali grill and Narcosseess! it was nice having those nights open for more park time or whatever.

squirrel
05-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Book HDDR or SoA dinner show.

Lucky St. Louis
05-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Why not use them for regular room service? We just got back from staying at the Grand Floridian and I had a similar problem...I had 4 TS left over. When I called for room service, I was told that it would "cost" me 2 TS per person for food but I COULD ORDER FROM ANY RESTAURANT AT THE HOTEL! I didn't know this so we ended up ordering from Narcoosee's and had surf and turf delivered to the room. It was awesome!!!

ccgirl
05-11-2010, 04:50 PM
I second the Aloha show. It is at a resort so you don't have to use a park admission. My DH and myself really enjoyed it! It included alcohol too (if you like that sort of thing). :thumbsup2

lagunn
05-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Animal Kingdom lodge has the best signature reastuarant they have in our opinion..Jiko's that would spend your 4 table credits.It is 2 table service credits each..Just think a good meal and the wine then straight up to your room..Heaven:goodvibes:goodvibes

lagunn
05-11-2010, 04:57 PM
If you want pizza the Mara at the lodge does a pretty good pizza..

TDC Nala
05-11-2010, 05:05 PM
I was told the TS credit has to match the person buying the meal.

I am not sure what this means. Are any of the 2 persons children under age 10? If the persons are all adults, you don't have to make the meal match the person. You must use child credits to buy child meals, but if they're all adult credits you can order one adult meal from room service using 2 credits or two adult meals from regular room service with 4 credits (just not pizza).

it's also entirely possible that AKL room service has a pizza on the menu.

LovesHerTaurus
05-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Why not use them for regular room service? We just got back from staying at the Grand Floridian and I had a similar problem...I had 4 TS left over. When I called for room service, I was told that it would "cost" me 2 TS per person for food but I COULD ORDER FROM ANY RESTAURANT AT THE HOTEL! I didn't know this so we ended up ordering from Narcoosee's and had surf and turf delivered to the room. It was awesome!!!

Anyone know if this is the case at Animal Kingdom Lodge? I could totally save it for room service snack nights them!! WHOO!

LovesHerTaurus
05-11-2010, 05:10 PM
I am not sure what this means. Are any of the 2 persons children under age 10? If the persons are all adults, you don't have to make the meal match the person. You must use child credits to buy child meals, but if they're all adult credits you can order one adult meal from room service using 2 credits or two adult meals from regular room service with 4 credits (just not pizza).

The original plan was to use 4 of the dining credits for myself and my man on our nights out, since the kids eat at Simba's Playhouse anyways.
I was told by reservations today that the meal MUST be used by the person whose card it is! - no mix and matching...
Messed up my plans. And yes, we are all counted as adults!!

Was she wrong??

Mickey country
05-11-2010, 05:57 PM
If your kids are 10 and older, than they are counted as adults on your key to the world card. It will say 4 adults, and you could use their credits. If they are 9 and younger, it will say 2 adults and X children, then you cannot use their credits.

Kate716
05-11-2010, 07:09 PM
I agree with one of the other posters... order room service from Jiko! The food is fantastic (particularly the ribs)!

TDC Nala
05-11-2010, 10:12 PM
It doesn't matter whose cards you use. The things to remember are: 1) you must order child meals with child credits and 2) you can't buy more meals than you have people on your reservation. If you have two adults on your reservation and enough adult credits left, you can order up to two adult room service meals at 2 credits each. Even the service charge is covered with in-room dining. If you have 4 adults on your reservation you can order up to 4 adult meals and pay with the plan if you have enough credits.

And once the meal is delivered, they will have no way of knowing who eats it. There isn't any rule that says adults can't use child credits - but to use child credits you must order from the children's menu. An adult could eat the child's menu meal though. If the children are 10 or older, they will have adult credits, and any adult on the reservation can use them for adult meals.

Faldred
05-12-2010, 07:04 AM
I was told by reservations today that the meal MUST be used by the person whose card it is! - no mix and matching...

Was she wrong??

Yes, she was wrong. The credits belong to the reservation, not the individuals. The only restrictions are that you can't use child credits for adults, you can't order more meals at a time than are listed on your card, and you can't order meals for people not on your reservation.

If your "adult" children have leftover credits, you are quite capable of using them. Frankly, how are they going to check, anyway?

ReneeA
05-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Using 4 TS credits on delivery pizza seems like such a huge waste to me - at a TS meal, they are worth at least $35-50 per credit... that's one expensive pizza!

There are fantastic delivery pizza joints in the area that I'd use instead (at $20 a pop). Then I'd save my TS for a signature meal or an extra TS breakfast or something.

http://www.giordanos.com/ This place is great and delivers to WDW resorts.

LovesHerTaurus
05-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Well then!
I will have to ponder this a little more. I am down to two TS credits left, so I have to plan out how to use them *well* then!

Our schedule is so full now though I want to leave some down time and not spend the entire trip eating :P So I'm thinking I might just use them to order something really huge for room service the night before, stick it in the resort fridge and use it for muchies in the early morning our first full day there (3:30am the restaurants aren't open anyways right?!)....

LovesHerTaurus
05-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Ok changed my ADRs AGAIN. The reservation people are so lovely :D

I cancelled Boma as an ADR. We are in the AKL and can just go if we feel like it for an early supper on a day we're not booked into a supper. But honestly, it just isn't FUN!

We cancelled out adults only dinner - we're going to go for a late supper instead at the Blues instead where we can't make a reservation but we CAN listen to Blues. And my man loves his blues, and I love him.

That opened up 2 TS credits for each of us and I ended up booking a 5:15 for the Spirit of Aloha show at Ohana!

Now THAT sounds more like fun and more like us :D

milmore104
05-15-2010, 07:54 AM
The original plan was to use 4 of the dining credits for myself and my man on our nights out, since the kids eat at Simba's Playhouse anyways.

Was she wrong??

If your kids are in Simba's I would totally go for JIKO!!! In our opinion it's the best Siggy rest. in WDW. But if you were looking for time in the room to relax together while the kids were in Simba's then order room service. You can order pizza from them. We did it one year. It's not the best use of TS credits but sometimes you just have to do silly things like that.

And as other posters have said the CM was wrong. You just can't use child credits for adult credits that's all. I always use my DD's (child) KTTW to pay for our meals as ours has charging privilages and I don't want our tips on our room charges. So it doesn't matter who's card you use. Good Luck!