PDA

View Full Version : Casey's Corner?

Blisskitty
05-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Hey all! So the last time I planned a Disney vacation was May of 2008, and at the time Disney was changing over to wheat buns that everyone was up in arms about. What was the outcome of that? I didn't get a hot dog at Casey's Corner, but my family did eat at Pecos Bill's a couple of times and I didn't notice anything too terrible about the buns. (I found it to be really yummy, in fact!) Mmmm all those carmelized onions and mushrooms and cheese sauce for your fries! Nummers!! :cloud9:

So..what's the deal with the buns? Whatever happened with that?:confused3

StuckInKS
05-11-2010, 01:02 PM
I prefer all of my bread to be wheat, preferably 100% whole wheat. I had a hotdog at Casey's in May 2009 and don't remember the bun being wheat. If it was, it definately was not 100% whole wheat. We did go just before closing, so maybe than ran out of wheat buns :confused3 Now you have me curious. I'm going to have to check that out in June.

babyrich
05-11-2010, 01:02 PM
We had lunch at Casey's in October 2009; and I cant remember whether or not the hot dog buns were wheat or not. Whatever they were or not, they tasted great!

Blisskitty
05-11-2010, 01:20 PM
If I remember correctly, people were saying the buns were dry and falling apart as they were eating their hot dog. /shrug I dunno. I had no problems while I was there, but starting to plan a new vacation, I remembered how upset people were and just wondered what wound up happening!

Snurk71
05-11-2010, 09:02 PM
They switched both the buns and the dogs. I was surprised at how different the buns were - we use whole wheat buns at home and they're not so dry and falling apart as Casey's were. I don't think Casey's are whole wheat though - probably made with wheat flour which isn't really that much healthier than the old buns.

And the dogs are no longer 100% beef. I don't know what the mix is now, but they aren't as good. I didn't tell DD9 about the change, but she didn't finish hers and doesn't want to go back - she could tell they were changed without being jaded by the DIS. ;)