PDA

View Full Version : 2 CMs - 2 different answers! Cost to upgrade from QS to DDP

MarylandMom
05-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Hello,
My husband surprised me with a four night solo trip on Mother's day. :yay: I am leaving in 13 days! The package I received included QS dining. I called to inquire how much it would cost to upgrade to the regular dining plan, (not deluxe) and was told $40. (I am staying 4 nights, so $10 extra a night.) Today I called to actually upgrade the meal plan and was told that it would be approx. $94 more to do so. This comes to more than $20 a night to upgrade. I decided to hold off and check with the experts first. Can anyone tell me which CM is correct? Many thanks for any info!

Faldred
05-11-2010, 11:42 AM
You're not going in "peak" season, so the upgrade should will be $10/adult/night. (Peak would be $16/adult/night.)

They may be including package change fees (up to $50) in that quote -- you should be able to talk them out of it (or down to a more nominal amount) since you're upgrading the package, not downgrading it.

TDC Nala
05-11-2010, 01:58 PM
There is also an extra $15 fee for changing a package reservation within two weeks of arrival. This is usually charged whether you are upgrading or downgrading. Some posters have reported that they were not charged this fee, but I don't know how they got out of it. The $50 change fee is usually not charged to upgrade.

tiff211
05-12-2010, 10:09 AM
When I get 2 price quotes like that, I usually call back until I get 2 of the same answer.