PDA

View Full Version : Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club

disneysmyhappyplace
05-11-2010, 07:48 AM
Has anyone eaten dinner here? I was looking for some reviews, but can only find breakfast reviews. How is the food for dinner? We are considering for one of our table services: Thanks:thumbsup2

madalex
05-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Not a lot of atmosphere, but the food and service are both very good. This is not a "must do every trip" for me, but well worth a visit if you have never been there.

kvogel11202
05-11-2010, 09:55 AM
The food was good, I found the menu a little "limited" , but what they did have was good. As for service- the waiter was super nice, and very attentive, however the kitchen itself was slow, so the meal took forever. We've found this true at lunch and dinner, so go, but only if your up for a "leisurely" meal!

Mickeyfollowers
05-11-2010, 10:03 AM
We are also eating there for the first time during out Sept trip. We wanted to try some new places. I hope it is not going to be a let down.

jdisnut
05-11-2010, 10:04 AM
I had low expectations of this place, which probably clouds my opinion. My family made a reservation at Captain's Grille in a pinch, because we were trying to accommodate a picky relative on short notice. It served its purpose, and we were all pleasantly surprised.

It's simple and unpretentious, but the food is good and the dining room is almost always quiet. I would not make a point of eating there, but it works well when you're tired and need a nice place for a quick meal near your hotel room.

As an aside, the lunch menu looks wonderful. I am quite interested in trying it.

maraki527
05-11-2010, 12:53 PM
The food was ok but the service was awful. It took 2 1/2 hrs for our meal. We didnt have a big party at all it was only 2 of us.

ROEDISNEY
05-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Love Capt Grill. Great food great service. Hidden gem. Definately would go back here.:thumbsup2

PoohsFan1
05-11-2010, 01:46 PM
We have always wanted to try Captain's Grill out, but whenever we had to get rid of a ADR, that would be the lucky one. This September, we are determined to try it out for dinner (originally had lunch ADRs, but the dinner just looks so appealing, especially the crab legs :love:).

Must C Mickey
05-11-2010, 02:17 PM
We ate here in Jan and all really enjoyed it. If you'd like to see food pics and my review, click on my Trip Report link in my signature. It's on page one of my TR. Hope that helps.

jelliott04
05-11-2010, 02:22 PM
We normally eat lunch here as we are from the South and don't get lobster rolls here. Grant it, the ones at Capt. Grill are not replicas of the ones we can get in NH but still...better than nothing. :)

On our last trip in Feb we noticed that the food was not as good as it was in the past. The lobster roll was only claw meat and not body meat which it used to be. Also, lunch took over 2 hours which is crazy!

J