PDA

View Full Version : Everything Pop Questions

lorac4disney
05-10-2010, 07:08 PM
We are staying at Pop Century in less than a month. We've never stayed there before and I have a few questions about the breakfast at Everything Pop. We are not big breakfast eaters and prefer to grab something on the go.

I was wondering if they allow you to take your tray back to your room or do you have to eat your meal there? I'm an early riser compared to the rest of my family. I like to take a morning walk and have a peaceful cup of coffee before the chaos starts (we are bringing our own coffee maker for real coffee). I would like to be able to grab breakfast for everyone while I'm out to bring back to the room so that they can eat while taking turns getting ready.

This is probably a dumb question that's been answered a million times before, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Anyway, any information would be appreciated.

wolf29
05-10-2010, 07:18 PM
There were a couple of mornings last year when I went & picked up breakfast while my sons were still asleep. They woke to breakfast in bed and then we just returned the tray on our way out. Saw lots of people heading towards their rooms with trays.

lorac4disney
05-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Thank you. This will come in very handy.

wolf29
05-10-2010, 07:28 PM
BTW, you'll love Pop. It's pretty centrally located to most everything, the food court is very good (though it can get a bit crazy in the am) nice gift shop, and a fun pool.

lorac4disney
05-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Thanks! I've been nervous about it since I've heard so many mixed reviews. It seems like it is a fun place to stay. We've planned some downtime to spend at the resort during our trip. I can't wait to try to pool!

SarahKate
05-11-2010, 08:35 PM
We were just there last week, our 3rd time at Pop.

One note about the food court, it seems it's ALWAYS busy in the morning and at lunchtime even if it's a non-busy time of year!

You can absolutely take things to go - they have lids that snap right onto the plates.

If you're on the DDP, consider paying for breakfast items out of pocket as it's not really a good use of your counter service credits. That's what we did - save our CS for other meals.

Also, we didn't get full breakfasts each day.....we'd get pastries, donuts, or the wonderful chocolate croissants and pay OOP or use our snack credits.

stitchlovestink
05-11-2010, 08:55 PM
We are staying at Pop Century in less than a month. We've never stayed there before and I have a few questions about the breakfast at Everything Pop. We are not big breakfast eaters and prefer to grab something on the go.

I was wondering if they allow you to take your tray back to your room or do you have to eat your meal there? I'm an early riser compared to the rest of my family. I like to take a morning walk and have a peaceful cup of coffee before the chaos starts (we are bringing our own coffee maker for real coffee). I would like to be able to grab breakfast for everyone while I'm out to bring back to the room so that they can eat while taking turns getting ready.

This is probably a dumb question that's been answered a million times before, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Anyway, any information would be appreciated.

We check into POP exactly 4 weeks from today so it sounds like we will be there the same time as you. We'll be in the 50's section, I love the 50's section... This will be our 6th stay at POP...almost every stay has been for a minimum of a week, and some for as many as 12 nights.

Anyway, you can always take your food back to your room. And you can leave your trays on your table in your room and when mousekeeping comes in, they will take care of the tray. We don't leave trash on the tray. We throw all of the trash away and leave the empty tray on the table and the mousekeepers take it when they straighten the room.

I really like the food court at POP much better than the All Stars...more choices. Yes it can be crowded at times, but I have not found it to be any worse than a CS restaurant at the MK right at lunch time.

Hope you have a wonderful trip, maybe we'll 'bump' into one another there! :goodvibes

cbg1027
05-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Yes, you can take the trays back to your room. As a PP said, they can provide covers for the plates too. I don't know if this was a no-no or what, but I just left the trays in my room and housekeeping took them.

If you go for breakfast before 7:30 it's not busy at the food court. After 7:45 or so, it's a mad house!

WAHMto5
05-12-2010, 09:49 AM
We always took our things to go and would eat at the outside tables or at the room;)

MinnieLovesMickey
05-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Definitely ask for covers for the food, one to keep it hot and also, it can get windy so you don't want dust blowing into it.

ChristaDeVil
05-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Another who has done this on more than one occasion! I always left the trays in the room and housekeeping picked them up! Have fun! Pop is a great place!

beroh2253
05-12-2010, 10:19 AM
We have stayed at POP our last 4 trips to WDW, also the 50's area is our favorite like stitchlovestink's. Many times we take our tray or get a bag and take it back to the pool area tables, we prefer to sit outside rather then in the room. And the earlier the less crowded at the foodcourt. We don't mind the coffee, so we always get the mugs, the coffee it's hot that's what counts. Have a great time at POP, we love the bowling pin pool and we hope to be there the last week in October this year.

WEDWDW
05-12-2010, 06:20 PM
OP,Pop Century is a really great Resort:)

There will also be a lot of "extra excitement" in the air during your visit with the Refurbishment continuing and today's announcemnet of the new Resort planned for 2012 right across Hourglass Lake.:)

lorac4disney
05-13-2010, 06:53 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm really getting excited about it! Being able to bring food back to the room is going to help so much. It's such a little thing, but it really makes for a better wake-up for everyone. My daughter is going to love waking up to a Mickey waffle. I'm glad to hear that they have covers for the plates. That will make carrying them so much easier even with a tray.

Thanks for the tip about saving my CS credits. I will definitely do that!

Stitchlovestinks, I don't know what section we will be in yet, but I do hope we bump into each other!

I hope to miss the mealtime crush by getting our food right after they open, but if I don't that's okay too.