PDA

View Full Version : BA cabin crew strike...

CustardTart
05-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Just read this on the BA website:

We are disappointed that Unite, the trade union for British Airways (BA) cabin crew, has announced that it intends to take further strike action on:

18 to 22 May
24 to 28 May
30 May to 3 June
5 to 9 June

We are currently considering our response so we can minimise any disruption during this strike period.

All our flights are operating as normal at the moment.

Rather disappointed in them as I assumed they'd know that Claire (Pinky166) & I are flying with them to WDW on June 5th... :rolleyes:

Pinky166
05-10-2010, 01:27 PM
:sad: They had better not cancel our flight.

cantwait!!!!!!!!!!!!
05-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Im really wishing we hadn't booked with them in August now, hope no ones plans are affected

kristieuk
05-10-2010, 02:52 PM
I know it must be a horribly anxious time, but I think that I am right in saying during the previous strikes, BA were able to operate all long haul flights out of Gatwick. Lots of pixie dust to you :wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard:

howlongtillsummer?
05-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Sorry to hear that and hope it works out well for everyone. When the volcano settles we will all feel much better too.

UKDEB
05-10-2010, 03:15 PM
We've just booked flights with them to Houston in July. A risky strategy, but at £325 including taxes, it was one worth taking. :o

CustardTart
05-10-2010, 03:59 PM
This was part of a statement issued by BA:
....The airline added that it was confident large numbers of crew will again ignore the strikes in a bid to minimise disruption to flights. BA said Gatwick and London City flights will be unaffected by the strikes. From Heathrow, it plans to operate “a substantial part” of its long-haul and short-haul schedule. BA is also in the process of obtaining seats on flights operated by other carriers to enable thousands of customers to fly to their chosen destinations....

So fingers crossed for everyone who might be affected by this... :goodvibes

Ann B
05-11-2010, 06:23 AM
We are flying with them for the first time in July - we always go virgin. I think the Gatwick flights should be Ok but we are to fly down the evening before from Edinburgh!! Worst comes to the worst as long as the Gatwick flight is going we will get the train down the night before!

Chilly
05-11-2010, 07:37 AM
Hope you are OK, just booked some flights for next March and I didn't really even consider BA because of this, not sure what i'd have done if they were a lot cheaper though.