PDA

View Full Version : EPCOT - Drinking Around the World?

jenjen212
05-10-2010, 10:11 AM
What are the best drinks to get in the countries in the World Showcase in EPCOT?

Everytime that I go, all I need is to get a Frozen Margarita in Mexico, and I am done. LOL

But, what do you recommend to get at any of the other countries?

eelkmj01
05-10-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm excited to hear also as we're doing our first tour of WS next week!

Hendoendo
05-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Grey Goose Slushie over near France

Pakey
05-10-2010, 11:04 AM
With the new tequila bar in Mexico that has a better selection that the kiosk drinks, that is my new favorite place. A good margarita should never come out of a machine and they have great ones on the rocks now.

Last week we did pints in London, slushies in France, sake shots in Japan, sangiovese in Italy, Jager shots and beer in Germany, beer in Norway and margaritas on the rocks in Mexico.

TLSnell1981
05-10-2010, 06:06 PM
With the new tequila bar in Mexico that has a better selection that the kiosk drinks, that is my new favorite place. A good margarita should never come out of a machine and they have great ones on the rocks now.

Last week we did pints in London, slushies in France, sake shots in Japan, sangiovese in Italy, Jager shots and beer in Germany, beer in Norway and margaritas on the rocks in Mexico.

Where did you get the Jager? Was it in the restaurant? They used to sell them at the counter outside, but haven't for a long time.

Pakey
05-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Where did you get the Jager? Was it in the restaurant? They used to sell them at the counter outside, but haven't for a long time.

Yes it was in the restaurant. My group insisted on eating there just so that they could have the Jager shots; it's been a huge bone of contention in my family since they quit them outside.

baileysp
05-10-2010, 08:16 PM
;)champagne, flight of wine, grey goose slushies in france. Magaritas in mexico. lemon cello in italy. welsh dragon in UK. Beer in Germany, saki bombs in Japan. Pace yourself, it's a long day and many worlds.

cmcinc
05-10-2010, 09:38 PM
This exact thing is on my Disney to do list when the kids are older!

nyrfan00
05-11-2010, 11:21 AM
4 years ago my wife and I tried wine around the world during the Food and wine festival...it was quite fun...started in mexico...but we didn't make it past france

Our trip this August, we will attempt beer around the world.

tinkgurl
05-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Grey Goose Slushie from France

Oktoberfest from Germany

OhThePain
05-11-2010, 12:57 PM
I drank around the world in EPCOT last week. A vague summery of what I had was a margarita in Mexico, beer (Karlsburg or however it is spelt) in Norway, Plum Wine in China, Safari Beer at the Outpost, Spaten in Germany, a beer in Italy (not sure what it was), Sam Adams in USA, warm Sake in Japan (warm sake is traditional but very rough when its 93 degrees out), Casa beer in Morocco, Grey Goose slushie in France, and I had a beer in both England and Canada but I dont remember exactly what they were. Moose something or other in Canada but thats all I remember.

Even though I did it by myself (my girlfriend only had a drink with me in Mexico and France) it was a lot of fun. If it is a really hot day (it was in the mid-90's last week when I did it) make sure you drink a bottle of water at least every 2 or three pavillions.

anniegsu
05-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Grand Marnier Orange Slushie in France. But with the new tequila bar in Mexico, I have a feeling I won't make it to France this time! ;)

Must C Mickey
05-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Here is a great link that shows all of the drinks at the countries.

http://api.ning.com/files/X0O76abVAq7zAmq*JhFIQ11peRR5ATnRRwNvWZhjhwOnd-LnedKZISFJuspRh9m-606QlvvLictW3inQlZjsMepFqWWF4wzp/drink.jpg

My 2 favs are the Grey Goose Lemonade Slush in France and the Green Tea Plum Wine slush in China.

HFC1969
05-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Awsum thread!!! :thumbsup2

BTW the Petron Margarittas can kick your :scared::upsidedow

The frozen Mango Ritas are nasty... in our opinion.

KerriL
05-11-2010, 02:24 PM
This exact thing is on my Disney to do list when the kids are older!

Yes! Our son turns 21 today and we plan on attempting this in August...Although, I don't know how "cool" is it to drink with your parents!:eek:

ilovejsparrow
05-11-2010, 03:08 PM
I really like the peach oolong tea in China.. yum!

Also have to get a grand marnier orange slushie in France every time!

momplus3
05-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Spaten in Germany and the Grey Goose slushie in France!!

Kricketnp
05-11-2010, 03:48 PM
My friends and I modified our drinking around the world experience and split a drink in each country so we could try one from each country and not die...that being said, the Habibbi Daquiri in Morocco was my favorite! Grey Goose Slushy was yummy too!

jenjen212
05-12-2010, 03:04 AM
Thank you for your tips everyone!

I have two cousins that just graduated college. As a surprise graduation gift, I am taking them on their very first Disney vaca. I know that this is something that they will enjoy when we go to EPCOT. :dance3:

On my previous visits with friends or fam I have tried sampling from each country, but always end up stopping after only starting in Mexico. LOL But, I think this time I am going to follow the tip of sharing drinks, so I don't end up sick by the time Illuminations starts. :sick: LOL

condorthb
05-12-2010, 06:23 AM
Does Disney provide a list that you can "check-off" as you head from country to country?

lehto
05-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Does Disney provide a list that you can "check-off" as you head from country to country?

On our trip this past April we saw a guy in the Rose & Crown pub with a t-shirt he had made. On the back he had listed each country with a line after it. Each line was then filled in by the server at that country with the drink he had gotten there, their name and in some cases a hand-drawn picture (someone had drawn a moose head for the Moosehead beer he had gotten in Canada) We've seen quite a few people with their own "drinking around the world" t-shirts for each person in their group... :drinking1

AppleSister1
05-12-2010, 11:59 AM
The Avacado Margarita in the tequila bar in Mexico is out of this world! Black and tan in UK, kir royale in France (champagne with some berry flavored liquor in it), limoncello in Italy, wine flight in Germany (they have a great warm red wine in wintertime..perfect if it's chilly), sake in Japan (again, the warm is great if it's chilly out!) Also Plum Wine in China...

:)

psupple
05-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Yes! Our son turns 21 today and we plan on attempting this in August...Although, I don't know how "cool" is it to drink with your parents!:eek:

Are you paying?! Then, its COOL :cool1:

BTW: I love a few Strongbow ciders in the UK (I didn't see them mentioned here).

smcabee
05-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Heck yeah. I used to love drinking with my parents. Not only where they cool to hang out with but they paid as well. Too bad my mom died too early and my dad is now about 1200 miles away but those were great memories hangin with the folks.

jenjen212
06-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks for that list everyone. I have definitely learned of a few that I didn't know that there was at EPCOT.

Hmmmm, maybe next thing to try on one of the days will have to be drinking on the monorail - stopping at each resort to grab something unique to that resort. (like one of the fantastic daiquiris at the Poly)

TDC Nala
06-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Just for info last weekend they had a bottle of Jager displayed at the kiosk near the lagoon in Germany. So you can likely get it outside of the restaurant.

Since La Cava opened I don't touch the frozen margs from the kiosk in Mexico. (For designated drivers or teetoatalers they also have quite a good non-alcoholic smoothie)

jenjen212
06-05-2010, 06:52 PM
that would sound good except Jager always makes me feel sick to my stomach. :sick: lol

jenjen212
07-08-2010, 01:53 PM
I really like the peach oolong tea in China.. yum!

Also have to get a grand marnier orange slushie in France every time!

the peach oolong tea has alcohol in it?? I love different teas (white tea, oolong, etc), especially flavored teas. But, if this has alcohol in it too... what could be better?? lol

katmittens
07-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Are you paying?! Then, its COOL :cool1:

BTW: I love a few Strongbow ciders in the UK (I didn't see them mentioned here).
DH and DS love stronbow from the UK pub. DS studied in Oxford a few years ago, so he first tried it there and now DH loves it also. I also like it very much. I have to have a grey goose slushie and my new love is a margarita from Mexico (inside at the Tequila Bar) In May I had a Blood Orange Margaritia it was fantastic.

Tricia1972
07-08-2010, 03:51 PM
There was another thread a few weeks ago that shared This Link (http://partythroughtheparks.squarespace.com/fun-games-park-style/2010/6/20/drink-around-the-world-at-epcots-world-showcase.html) which is an awesome card to keep track of your drinking around the world.

ilovejsparrow
07-08-2010, 07:15 PM
the peach oolong tea has alcohol in it?? I love different teas (white tea, oolong, etc), especially flavored teas. But, if this has alcohol in it too... what could be better?? lol

There's one that's regular and one that's alcoholic. It was so good!

TwinsFan
07-08-2010, 08:08 PM
I always have champagne in France:cloud9:

dismichael
07-08-2010, 08:44 PM
It is not exactly a drink but it is refreshing and one of my favorite snacks.

KAKI-GORI (SP)-A shaved ice with fresh fruit juice on it from the japan pavilion their version of a snow cone but 1000x better :love:

P.S. Im under 21 so i dont really know many other of the drinks but i cant wait to try them :) However i do like the drinks in Club Cool in Future World (KREST!!)