PDA

View Full Version : Tikiman? Are you out there?? Polynesian Q

tinofan
08-10-2002, 12:17 PM
I'm hoping Tikiman or someone out there can help with my question...
We just reserved Polynesian Concierge (I booked on 7/31 and paid my deposit on 8/5). How soon should the "intinerary planner" come? We stayed last year, but we booked 9 months in advance and our planner came 3 months in advance.
Is it rude for me to contact them first? I'm just getting concerned regarding PS's.

I was also hoping to be in contact with the same CM in the IPO that was so helpful the last time. Is the easiest way to get to her to e-mail them and request her?
I would be using the address Tikiman lists on his site.

Thanks to anyone who can help!:D

Tinofan

CaliforniaDreaming
08-10-2002, 01:56 PM
I would contact them. When I stayed at the Poly Concierge we never got an itinerary planner, so I had no pre-arrival planning from them. :) Just send them an e-mail, and they'll get back to you in a day or two.

:) Enjoy your trip!

lvs_eeyore
08-10-2002, 02:13 PM
tinofan I would call them if your vacation is close. I emailed them three days ago and they still havent gotten back to me. Im really hoping this isnt a sign of the way it will be when we get there. Our trip is seven days away so I will have to call them today.

AndiCT
08-10-2002, 04:12 PM
If I remember correctly, we did not receive our planner until about 90 days before our trip. Most reservations can't be made before that anyway. When are you going? You don't say when.

tinofan
08-10-2002, 07:07 PM
sorry, we're going mid-October.
I think I'll call them directly.

Thanks for the help!

goofyandmore
08-10-2002, 09:54 PM
Tinofan, I also had to email the poly concierage and then they called me directly. You can mention any special occassions you may be celebrating too. ps. could you tell me what rate you received? thanks, Carolyn

dBugged
08-10-2002, 11:11 PM
Email them. I've emailed them several times for our Aug/Sept trip and they usually get back to me within two days, sometimes the same day. They have been very helpful and both Matthew and Mellisa (the two who are the ones who answer the emails) are a jem to work with. They'll help ya out! I find that if I stick (THANKS x) in the subject of the email, I get super fast replies. Replace the X with the name of the person who emails you back after you send an email to them for the first time. ;)

TDC Nala
08-10-2002, 11:49 PM
Same thing here - sent in the planner about a month ago. Arriving on August 30, and we haven't heard anything yet from the Polynesian...starting to wonder if the planner was lost in the mail.

jeank74
08-10-2002, 11:59 PM
for those who have been to the Polynesian,

I would like to know how "big" the resort is. On the map, it seems the resort is huge.

Does anyone have any idea about how far Tahiti is from the Great Ceremonial House, in walking distance?

How is the room condition at Tokelau and Tahiti?

thanks!

lvs_eeyore
08-11-2002, 05:39 AM
If you are going Concierge then you will be in the Hawaii building. Tokelau and Tahiti are regular lagoon and garden views. Hawaii is the only Concierge besides Tonga which is mainly suites.

The resort isnt as large as it looks on a map. I would dare venture to say from walking around there....our first stay is Aug 22-25.....is that even the farthest building from GCH is only about a five minute walk if that. We walked from the GCH to Sunset Point which is right in front of the Tahiti building and it was less than a five minute walk even with two small kids who had to look at EVERYTHING LOL. Tokelau is closer than Tahiti.

tinofan
08-11-2002, 07:07 AM
dbugged,
Good to know there are only 2 people answering our e-mails. Last year I worked with Melissa and she was SUCH a huge help - was hoping to get her again.
TDC Nala,
I would call or e-mail with that little time left!

Thanks everyone... can't WAIT to go!:D

wdwnutze
08-11-2002, 07:15 AM
Jeank74- Lvseeyore is right about the distance of Tahiti from the GCH. We stayed in Tahiti last year and it took about 5 minutes to get to the GCH. The walk is so relaxing and peaceful-especially at night with the torches lit. Tahit is also about 2 minutes from the TTC which makes it very convenient to hop on the monorail there to go to Epcot. Never been in Tokelau before. Although the resort looks huge on the map, it really isn't that big. Everything is within a few minutes walking distance. You'll love it there.

tinofan
08-11-2002, 07:16 AM
jeank74,
I've never been in Tokelau or Tahiti to help you with the rooms- but I do think the map is deceiving in size. I agree Tahiti is about a 5 minute walk, could be longer (or just feel that way) if you have tired kids.
The pathways can sometimes be confusing though! The first time I went past the Tahiti (from the Hawaii) to get to the TTC, I got a little "misplaced"!
When we went, my Mom was very concerned about the map because she has a bad knee and didn't know if she could take the walking around the resort after the parks. But once we got there we saw how close it all really was. GCH to the Hawaii was 1 minute. On the map it looks much farthur.
Hope this helps!
I think you'll love it!
:D

lvs_eeyore
08-11-2002, 07:23 AM
I spoke with Matthew on the phone yesterday. He had my email that was sent four days ago but hadn't answered it yet. He seems a little uncomfortable on the phone. There were a lot of uncomfortable pauses LOL. He is very sweet and very helpful though. He got the kids all set up for the Neverland Club and gave us some ideas for things to do to celebrate my birthday. He got a good chuckle when he suggested the birthday cruise and I told him after he told me it was a pontoon boat that one small wave and Im seasick so thats OUT LOL.

I asked about the hula lessons for kids and he said he thought they had discontinued that but will email me back with an answer. My kids would love that I sure hope they didnt discontinue it.

tinofan
08-11-2002, 07:25 AM
goofyandmore...
I was able to get a rate of $259/night (GV)! That's why we're going back so soon!!:D

jeank74
08-11-2002, 10:39 AM
tinofan, wdwnutze, and lvs_eeyore

thanks for the reply. now I know where I would like to request for my trip!!

tinofan
08-12-2002, 02:33 PM
My Vacation Planning Itinerary came in the mail today!
I'm so excited, now I can't wait to fill it out!
Thanks again, everyone!
:D

tinofan
08-12-2002, 02:34 PM
jeank74,
Glad we were helpful!