View Full Version : Questions about studios
03-05-2001, 12:28 PM
We're considering DVC and are trying to figure out how many points we will need. We are a family of 5 (kids are 6,4,2 1/2). I'm trying to find out some more information about studios to see if we have other options besides a 2 Bedroom villa.
1) Do studios have washer and dryers?
2) If not, do you get enough towels to cover the days that there is no housekeeping?
3) Are there connecting studios if we reserved 2 of them?
4) I just heard about a studio plus. Are these only at Boardwalk? Are they hard to get at 7 months window? They are the same amount of points as a regular studio, correct?
Thanks for your help.
03-05-2001, 12:47 PM
1) No washer/dryers in studios- but there are free w/d at all DVC resorts for those in studios.
2) You will get 4 sets of towels which are replaced on day 4. If you want/need more towels, they are available for a fee.
3) There are no connecting studios. Studios do connect to a 1BR (to make a 2BR), but no studios connect to each other.
4) Studio Plus are dedicated studios and have no connecting door at all. These units would be ideal for your family for a few years. There is a daybed in these units where the door would be. They are found only at BWV. Studios and 1Br's sleep 4 (plus a child under 3) and Studio Plus sleeps 5 (the daybed is large enough for a child).
03-05-2001, 01:00 PM
Thanks Doc for your help. Do you know how hard it is to get one of these studios if our home resort is not BWV? We're considering VWL with the Magical Beginnings offer. There doesn't seem to be any BW resales available.
03-05-2001, 01:08 PM
It certainly depends on when you want to go. There are times when "even" BWV is available. Busy times, like Easter and Thanksgiving (and the surrounding weeks) may be challenging, but Sep, Oct, May and early Jun are often easily reserved at 7 months. Other times may have openings within 2 months also- as people with reservations have a change in plans and cancel.
Right now, with the ages of your children, you can enjoy a stay at any DVC resort in a studio or 1BR ( a pack-n-play crib is provided in all rooms for your toddler). You might want to try that 1BR now though- although it will spoil you! Good Luck!
03-05-2001, 01:45 PM
I'm not sure about this but....I don't think you can "guarantee" a studio plus either, so I wouldn't depend on that. :rolleyes:
When you wish upon a star...DVC will take you far...anything your heart desires....will come your way
03-05-2001, 02:22 PM
Do you mean that when you make reservations for a studio, you can't be guaranteed a plus studio? Is it like the resorts where you make a request like a certain view then hope you get it?
03-05-2001, 04:12 PM
The one time we stayed in a studio at BWV, our confirmation stated Studio Plus- Preferred View and that's what we got. (We did not request the S-Plus). I assume that these studios may be requested- like preferred or standard view.
03-05-2001, 04:24 PM
Someone posted recently that they were no longer guaranteeing the studio-plus request. I'm not sure what the official word on this is.
03-05-2001, 04:41 PM
I'm the one that recently posted about the studio plus no longer being guaranteed. I made a ressie this past Thurs. (3/1/01) for a studio for 1/25/02 - 1/30/02 (5 nights). I wanted to book a studio plus so my 4 year old god-daughter wouldn't have to sleep on the pull out sofa with her 8 year old brother.
MS told me this was no longer guaranteed, but could be noted as a request. I spoke to Cindy and she said everything had been redone in their computer and she couldn't even tell me how many regular studios vs. studio pluses were available at any given time. She wasn't sure of the date, but thought this change had been made sometime in January 2001 for any RESERVATIONS being made in January 2001 or later. If your ressie was made before then (even if your trip is later) it wouldn't apply.
So, if you're currently holding a confirmation that states "studio plus" for a trip you're going to be making this year, you should still get a studio plus. But that all future confirmations you receive will only note studio plus as a request.
Like I mentioned before, this will make it impossible to plan for 5 in a studio, if you're not assured of the daybed for your little ones. I'm thinking this was done on purpose to phase out the "5 in a studio" thing.
If my memory serves me correctly, in that same thread was another that posted that their confirmation said Studio Plus and they were given a regular studio. When they questioned it, they were told sorry but it's not guaranteed. Fortunately there wasn't five of them counting on that extra bed.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.