PDA

View Full Version : Gambling made me do it!

Handbag Lady
05-09-2010, 12:57 AM
I figure since I'll be hanging around here more often, I should introduce myself. Hi, I am Handbag Lady and I need to lose some weight.

The very nice folks at my work decided we ALL need to do a little reducing, so, we've made a bet. It started simple, first to drop 20 pounds wins the pot. The pot is $20 a person. There are about 8 people in it now.

It turns out that a few people need to lose less than 20 (yeah, I don't know these people either) so it switched to percentage loss blah blah after eight weeks. One of the gals in our office is a nurse and a trainer, so we made her in charge. She's keeping track so we don't have to.

Here is my game plan: three meals a day. Healthy meals. Smaller portions. I'm not allowed to skip a meal and I'm not allowed to eat foods I hate.

Exercise will come in later, if at all. I hate, HATE it, so I don't want to sabotage this. I do walk a LOT at work, more than most people.

So, there you go. I hope to do a lot of reading here for recipes, tips, and especially motivation. I just want to win the prize because, well, because I am the heaviest person in the contest.

disykat
05-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Nothing like a little financial incentive! I'm sure the competition will help too. Good luck!

Handbag Lady
05-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Thank you!

I LOST TWO POUNDS!! I am so excited I can't even see straight! :cool1:

carmiedog
05-13-2010, 07:29 PM
congratulations on your first 2! challenges are the way to go. for me, anyhow. I don't do well on my own, but give me a group to be accountable to and a little competition, and it's on!