PDA

View Full Version : Best (inexpensive) home fitness equipment?

mom0299
05-08-2010, 05:41 PM
I work at a school that has a cardio/workout room for our use. I stay everyday after school and workout on the treadmill and elliptical and weights. School will be out in a few weeks and I'm thinking about what I should do. I have a key so I could drive over there and still use the equipment, but I'd rather do something at home. I've tried running outside, but that just isn't for me. I have an exercise bike and Wii Fit. What other type of equipment can I get? I've been thinking about elastic bands and a jumprope. What else?

mom0299
05-10-2010, 02:11 PM
bump :rolleyes1

disykat
05-10-2010, 02:50 PM
How about a fitness ball and some exercise videos?

texasteacher35
05-11-2010, 04:41 PM
I work at a school that has a cardio/workout room for our use. I stay everyday after school and workout on the treadmill and elliptical and weights. School will be out in a few weeks and I'm thinking about what I should do. I have a key so I could drive over there and still use the equipment, but I'd rather do something at home. I've tried running outside, but that just isn't for me. I have an exercise bike and Wii Fit. What other type of equipment can I get? I've been thinking about elastic bands and a jumprope. What else?

I work out 6 days a week at home...we have a gym in our basement...but my favorite things are bands...and beachbody.com dvd's....like P90X, INSANITY, Chlean Extreame, Turbo Jam, Brazil Butt Lift...all their programs are fabulous and work you out harder than any equipment! You will probably need some dumb bells, and a yoga mat...+ some resistance band (included in the DVDs if purchased) They really work and are fantastic!:thumbsup2

Octoberbride03
05-11-2010, 06:17 PM
How about a fitness ball and some exercise videos?

Add in a resistance band to go with those, and you should have everything you need to get you through the summer. I do 20 minute resistance band videos 5 days a week and tack on a 10 minute ball routine to several of those depending on my energy level. And some videos include the band in their packages. My Power Fit did:thumbsup2

ohMom
05-12-2010, 12:27 PM
have you tried the Biggest Loser Wii game? i find it a darn hard workout. I have lots of Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds DVDs, and I like the QuickFix ones as well. Maybe your library has some you can try out?

FireDancer
05-12-2010, 01:22 PM
My answer was going to be running shoes but I see you have ruled out outdoor running. The bands and ball are good suggestions. Something else that will be a bit more but if you shop around you could find a deal on is a used spinning bike. They aren't cheap new but much like treadmills they are often purchased, used for a month, and then used to hold laundry. If someone wants to get a little cash for one they bought and are willing to part with it at a fraction of the original price you could get a decent deal on one.

There are also companies that re-sell refurbished equipment form health clubs. Often equipment is replaced because while it is too old for the daily grind of multiple users throughout the day at a club it is in good enough shape after a quick refurb to use by someone at home.