PDA

View Full Version : sunrise safari

kelljacques@aol.com
08-10-2002, 09:36 AM
I read that someone would be trying this. I have never heard of this. Could someone plaese give me some info

thanks Kelly

wdw4us2
08-10-2002, 09:53 AM
The Sunrise Safari is available for guests who stayed in AKL Concierge. It takes place twice a week at a cost of $50. You get a behind the scenes tour of AK before the park opens. There is a lot of info about the care and handling of the animals. At the end of the tour, there is a breakfast buffet in Tusker House.

The tour is very interesting, and it's nice because they animals are actually moving about, as opposed to what we generally see on Killimanjo Safaris.

The breakfast is excellent!

Lisa:cool:

kelljacques@aol.com
08-10-2002, 09:56 AM
AKL Concierge
what is that?? we have reservations for nov at akl

SnackyStacky
08-10-2002, 10:02 AM
Concierge is a level of service that you have to pay more to get. I think it comes with a lounge that is always stocked with snacks and beverages. Someone is also available to make priority seatings, get tickets..things like that. Concierge I believe also has a seperate check-in desk to avoid lines.

wdw4us2
08-10-2002, 10:12 AM
The Concierge rooms are in the upper two floors of the Lodge. To use the lounge and the CM services, you have to use your (concierge) room card to access the floor.

The AKL Concierge Lounge is different from some to the other resorts. It is in an open area, where you can see down to the lobby. They offer continental breakfast from 7 - 10:30 am, snacks from 11:30 - 3 pm, afternoon tea from 3 - 4 pm, hors d'oeruvres and wines from 5 - 7 pm and desserts and cordials from 8 - 10 pm.

The CM's are available to answer your questions, and set up Priority Seating for you. They also contact you about 60 days before your trip to plan your itinerary.

We stayed at AKL in June, for my DS's birthday, and really enjoyed it!

Lisa
:cool:

SuiteDisney
08-10-2002, 02:59 PM
Here's a link to my trip report from when we stayed in AKL concierge last year - with lots of pictures of the lodge, room, concierge and Sunrise Safari. We'll be checking back into the lodge on Friday! :)

AKL trip pics. (http://*********************/id53.htm)

melgrek
08-11-2002, 04:12 AM
What great AKL pictures thank you for sharing

Goofyposter
08-11-2002, 07:40 AM
Great Photos Laura! Thanks fer shar'in 'em!!!