PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge Villas

iTtYbItTy LiL LeXi
08-10-2002, 12:20 AM
My family just bought DVC and were staying at the WLV in less than a week. Has anyone stayed there? Can you all tell me what it's like? Anything is appreciated

<3 alwayz

Lexi

disneyfool_1202
08-10-2002, 09:35 AM
Lexie- you may want to double post this in the DVC board. I own there but like you, am new, and haven't been there yet. Good luck and have fun!!!

DaveH
08-10-2002, 11:27 AM
We stayed there last Nov. If you do a search on the DVC board under my name you should be able to find a thread I did with pics of a 1BR at VWL. We enjoyed our stay and love it there. They have flag family at WL/VWL. It was full when we were there and it is suppose to be wonderful. If you drive or rent a car, you can use valet parking for free by showing your DVC card or your hotel ID with DVC on it. You should still tip the folks who park and retrieve your car.. I have not had any problems with the busses but others hate them. There is a very nice boat ride to MK. Feel free to PM me with any questions you have. I hope this helps.

Dave

Pointdisney
08-10-2002, 11:44 AM
My wife and I have stayed at the VWL quite a few times, as DVC members, and we love it. The Wilderness Lodge, as well as the Villas, are such an immersive experience; you really feel secluded and relaxed despite being in the middle of the "World".

There is also plenty to do at the resort: rent water mice/pontoon boats, relax on the beach, rent surrey bikes, hang out by the pool and pool bar, relax and read, play cehckers, chess, etc. in the Iron Spike Room at the Villas, visit the Mercantile, enjoy the arcade, eat at the wonderful Artist Point Restaurant or enjoy a more "family" eating experience at the Whispering Canyon Cafe or the Roaring Fork, search for hidden mickey's, take a tour of the Lodge, and on and on and on!

I'm sure that you'll the love resort; it truly is a great place!
:p

iTtYbItTy LiL LeXi
08-10-2002, 11:53 AM
Thank you all so much for the advice you've given me! I'm really looking foward to this trip. I can't believe its so close! I'll be sure to let you all know how it turned out

<3 alwayz
Lexi

DaveH
08-10-2002, 12:00 PM
Here is a link to the pics I posted of a 1BR at VWL.

Pics of 1BR VWL (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158339)

iTtYbItTy LiL LeXi
08-10-2002, 08:20 PM
Thanks so much Dave, I appreciate it. I'm really looking foward to going but these are going to be the slowest five days until I leave lol, feel my pain?

<3 alwayz
Lexi