PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours Night

eeyorefanuk
05-07-2010, 06:44 AM
Does anyone know about a star tours night on the 14th August???

If so any info please :goodvibes

wayneg
05-07-2010, 06:50 AM
Karen was telling me about this last night. $75/ticket
http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog/2010/05/06/get-your-tickets-now-for-star-tours-last-tour-to-endor/

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/en/Events/Disney-Event/

Dollyrar
05-07-2010, 08:10 AM
This actually makes me a bit sad. I particularly love Star Tours, as I remember seeing the opening of it on 'newsround' when I was a kid, and it properly sent my imagination wild about visiting Florida one day :cloud9:
I love Star Wars, so I only hope the replacement is just as good.
PLEASE George Lucas, Don't put Jar Jar 'bleedin Binks or any references to Midi-Chlorians in it!! :lmao:

mickeyforpresident
05-07-2010, 04:14 PM
This sounds really cool - ish!! I wonder if lots of people in Star Wars costumes will be walking around the park (that'll seem really strange but loads of fun?!!)

This is our last night and we're planning on going to DHS (it's our favourite park). How will the Star Tours event affect regular visitors? Will we still be able to ride Star Tours (my DS fav ride!!) or not?

Is the 14th the last day that Star Tours will operate then?

Thanks,

Michael

stephensmum
05-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Ohh, the 14th is our first day & the last day of the ELP & Fireworks at MK, so we were planning on that. Will Star Tours close on the 14th?

Princess Clayre
05-08-2010, 06:14 AM
I don't think they have officially announced that this will be the last day of operation. They have picked this day for the event because there's Star Wars convention on in Orlando so they're trying to pick up trade off them.

The park hours for that day are 9am till 7pm and the event officially starts at 8pm so it shouldn't overly effect anyone in the park that day. There will be things for them to set up but Disney have a way of making that 'magically happen' so hopefully other attractions shouldn't be effected. We've been in the MK on a days when there's going to be a pirate & princess party and also when there's going to be the MVMCP and it's never effected us, so hopefully this will be the same.

We still trying decide whether to take our Star Wars mad 6 year old but i'm not sure he'll cope with the late night, especially with the time difference on top.

Asm
06-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Star Tours will close Sept 8. The party guests can enter at 4 and many will be in costume. Sounds cool.

paul_toria96
06-03-2010, 03:11 AM
Glad I'm not going to be there that day we are off to Discovery Cove. Sounds like it will be a mad day, but thanks for the info.
I never know here to look for closurers etc.

scojos
06-03-2010, 03:21 AM
we did a SW weekend on our first trip (didnt know about the dis then:confused3) and it was rammed:scared1:
it was cool, ds was 3 and darth vader came over and ruffled his hair(from behind) ds turned round and freeked, i mean ran off and hid - we had to get CMs looking for him, luckily we found him but scared us senseless, so warn kids this happens if you are going, teh star troopers are well cool.
we thought about it, but we have an adr for v and a that night, and $75 is alot, imho, for a few hours, if it was just 2 id consider it, or if we were massive sw fans, which we arent, if you go, id love to see some pictures;)
tracy