PDA

View Full Version : ADR Day today and am having a wobble!

Alibaba
05-07-2010, 01:45 AM
Argh, after booking my hol on 25th April last year i cannot believe it is finally my 180 day mark,

I have planned (i think) my ADR's but am having a wobble about Tutti Italia,
not sure if it will be suitable for my DS aged 3, is it too formal a setting for a little boy who gets distracted easily if so any quick alternative idea's would be gratefully accepted, there is me, DH and DS and none of us are fussy, i wondered about Coral Reef but read mixed reviews

So far i have chosen
Le Cellier (tea)
Boma (tea)
Crystal Palace (Tea)
Crystal Palace (Breakfast)
Beaches n Cream (lunch, mainly cause i want their puddings)
Ohana's (Tea)
Chef Mickeys (Breakfast)
Sci Fi (Lunch)
Raglan Road (Tea)
Tutti Italia (Tea)

Also do yoy think we are doing too many buffets? Just thought it would not be too much waiting for DS
Going online at 11 wish me luck

Ali

Claireybear
05-07-2010, 01:55 AM
They sound like fab choices. We ate at Tutto and Coral Reef with our 35 month old and both were goog although the food at Coral Reef was definitely better and the kids liked watching the tank. You'll enjoy wherever you eat!
Claire x

Alibaba
05-07-2010, 02:08 AM
Cheers
Think i will go for Coral Reef, DS loves fish tanks, fingers crossed we will get a close table and have a fun meal.
Ali

2Tiggies
05-07-2010, 11:07 AM
I always used to take a little pack with crayons and things in, affectionately known as my "Rescue Mum" pack :laughing:! Most Disney restaurants are pretty kid friendly and you will find small children at all kinds of eateries in the World. I would also go with Coral Reef, but if you want Tutto, don't scrap it because you think your little one won't be okay.

Alibaba
05-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Thanks for that, Well all booked, can't quite believe how easy it all was, had 10 ADR's booked within 15 mins, no hassle think the most i had to comprimise was a table at Boma 20 mins earlier than i originally wanted, so all good, and would thoroughly recommend the online system,
Also could anyone tell me if you can only do walk ups for Beaches n Cream, because for some reason i couldn't book a table for this (no problems if so)

Ali

originalkk
05-07-2010, 12:53 PM
I don't think you can do ADRs for Beaches & Cream.

2Tiggies
05-07-2010, 01:45 PM
No ADRs for B&C.

Glad you got what you wanted! I also really enjoyed the online system too - similar to you, got exactly what I wanted aside from a 10 or 15 minute shift which I had allowed for anyway so it was basically a full house for me.

Did you get some nice restaurants?

dixonsontour
05-07-2010, 05:02 PM
We did alot of those with DD 3 in December.

She loved coral reef (food was ok), ask to be seated next to the tank when you check in. When I was making adr's for this trip she described coral reef and really wanted to go back. The menu had pics of fish to find and divers came up and waved.

That and sci fi were the most memorable for her (she didn't actually eat at sci fi just had a light up tinkerbell drink!).

I think a mix of sit down and buffets are good. Buffets I found alot harder work. I'd go up with DD to get her food, hubbie would then go for his then finally my go. repeat for second and dessert.

Service in all restaurants was fast (they want to turn the table) so not much chance for DD to get fed up. All had a colouring menu/crayons.

I also chose those with entertainment eg Ohana DD got up and did the hula.