PDA

View Full Version : King Bedrooms at Polynesian

COACHSTING
08-09-2002, 09:05 PM
Can anyone advise if there are king bedrooms on the lagoon view side of the Hawaii Building?

CaliforniaDreaming
08-09-2002, 09:11 PM
The Ambassador and King Kamehameha Suites (in Tonga) have king beds in their master bedrooms.

COACHSTING
08-09-2002, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the quick response. Can anyone recommend a good room number, lagoon view in Hawaii? I ask for Hawaii cuz my wife and I are celebrating our 20th at the same place (same building) we honeymooned. We are splurging for concierge so we will be in Hawaii. Thanks.....

CaliforniaDreaming
08-09-2002, 09:18 PM
Loved 3505 - perfect view from the 3rd floor. No trees infront of this room. :)

Disneydenise
08-10-2002, 10:19 AM
Hi congratulations on your 20th. My DH and I will be celebrating this year too. We were in the Hawaii bldg on December 10th thru the 17th,1983. It was beautiful. We haven't been back to that bldg. since. I won't be there this year either. College tuition has arrived so we will be waiting until maybe our 25th. I hope we can do this. Have a wonderful trip.

Tikiman
08-10-2002, 05:47 PM
Here is the view situation.
1501 is down next to the lounge and the view of the castle is partly blocked by palms on the beach.
1502 is also partly blocked by palms
1503 is partly blocked by beach palms
1504 is slightly blocked by beach palms
1505 is clear to the castle
1506 is blocked by palms on the grass in front of the longhouse.
1507 is clear with a good view
1508 is slightly blocked by palms on grass
1509 is slightly blocked by palms on the grass
1510 is a good view
1511 is a good view
1512 is a good view
1513 trees on the path block view of lagoon and castle
1514 trees block view of lagoon and castle
1515 trees partly block view on the left
1516 good view
1517 good view
1518 (last lagoon view room) slightly covered by foliage on the right but has a view of the lagoon and castle.

These are what it is like from the ground level. The upper rooms have about the same view but some may be high enough to clear the trees and bushes.

Steve

COACHSTING
08-10-2002, 10:04 PM
Steve..... We appreciate all you have done for us. I am wondering of you can recommend the best room to get an unobstructed view of the castle and the Contemporary from Hawaii? Also, is it true, as posted on these boards, that the smoking optional rooms do not have a smoky odor? Thanks again.....:jester:

COACHSTING
08-11-2002, 12:03 PM
Steve..... One last question, I guess..... Is it worth giving up the Hawaii concierge lagoon view if the views at Tahiti are better? Also, are the lagoon view rooms at Tahiti any more expensive than those at Hawaii? Thanks again.....

Tikiman
08-11-2002, 03:16 PM
Tahiti has the same view as Hawaii. The two buildings face the same diresction and there are some trees and bushes along the beach at Tahiti. In most cases they do not block the views. Tahiti would be cheaper since it is not concierge unless you go next summer when Tahiti will take the place of the Hawaii longhouse while they are working on it. I think either view is great from both longhouses. The only difference is Hawaii is much closer to the beach.

The rooms in Hawaii's 3rd floor that I have been in did not have any trace of a smoke smell.

Aloha

Steve

lvs_eeyore
08-11-2002, 04:09 PM
I will be one of those people in the Tahiti concierge next year. I was wondering if you could suggest some room numbers that I could ask for?? We will be Lagoon View Concierge. Also since we will be there for July 4th would a third floor balcony room be better than a ground floor room?? Thanks in Advance.

We are staying concierge next week and your site has helped make my 40th birthday MAGICAL!!! Thank you!

Tikiman
08-12-2002, 09:09 AM
The only rooms I ever found to have anything blocking the view close to the room are the ones in the middle of the longhouse where the main entrances are. On the lagoon side these would be rooms X029-X029 (all three floors). The 3rd floor will not give you any better view of the fireworks since they are across the lagoon. Any floor will have a view of the fireworks. The only difference between floors will be that on the first floor you can walk out to the beach to watch. Most people gather on the Hawaii beach and not over at Tahiti. Tahiti does have a large grass area between the longhouse and the beach so you may want to walk out closer to the water.

Aloha

Steve