PDA

View Full Version : Extra magic hours question?

TOONMADLAD
05-06-2010, 06:23 AM
Hi guys, with me not staying onsite (July/Aug), is it best to avoid the Disney parks on the days that they have early morning hours, I'm not too bothered about the evenings?

Has anybody else done this and how do you feel it went?

Pete.

Shazzie B
05-06-2010, 07:37 AM
We always avoid, even if we're staying on site! When we stay on site we take advantage of the EMH in the evenings.

We always arrive about 30 mins before park opening and ride 'headliners' before queuse start to build etc. Always worked for us.

Last year on an 'Epcot' day when we got to the park entrance about 8:30am it was really crowded; as some hotels had advertised as EMH that am. CMs therefore decided to let the Disney guests in early; really frustrating for us - worried that we'd end up with huge queues at Test Track etc - however when we went it wasn't actually that bad (suspect EMH crowd was smaller than usual though & Epcot does tend to 'spread' guests more)

So to cut a long story short - if you are at the parks for opening sort of person I'd definately avoid EMH am; but if arriving mid am I'd only 'probably' avoid. Not sure that makes any sense but I hope it helps LOL:goodvibes

GarryK
05-06-2010, 07:39 AM
Hi Pete

Never attended a park on the day of its early morning option because I've always followed the general rule of thumb that it's not a good idea. Early Morning = Bad for offsite guests.

However, I have had the misfortune of being in Disney Studios whilst staying offsite on a MH Evening and I'd strongly recommend not doing it. We were refused access to the last IJ show even though it started before the normal closing time - they wanted to reserve it for on-site guests only. We got in after a 'discussion' with a CM but were no-gos for the final Fantasmic show.

Garry

TOONMADLAD
05-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the info guys,

I've been quite a few times before but never really thought about these EMH so just thought I'd ask on here about how much busier it actually gets.

I will now try and avoid the parks that have the EMH, get in the parks at rope drop and get all the main attractions sorted before lunch as I expect Late July / Early Aug to be manic.

Knowing my luck, everybody will have the same idea and it will be even more busier on the Non EMH days, but at least we will be in the best place on the planet.

Pete.

Trixster
05-06-2010, 10:13 AM
As with other other posters, we always try to steer clear of any am and pm EMH days. We plan on sticking to this plan when staying offsite this year.

In addition, when we stayed onsite we would struggle to get to the parks by 7.30 am so stayed clear of EMH days as well.

igk
05-06-2010, 10:18 AM
If you can be there ready for the EMH opening time and don't want to spend too long in the park that day then it can be worthwhile, but if you're going to go later in the morning then avoid it.

crabbie1
05-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the info guys,

I've been quite a few times before but never really thought about these EMH so just thought I'd ask on here about how much busier it actually gets.

I will now try and avoid the parks that have the EMH, get in the parks at rope drop and get all the main attractions sorted before lunch as I expect Late July / Early Aug to be manic.

Knowing my luck, everybody will have the same idea and it will be even more busier on the Non EMH days, but at least we will be in the best place on the planet.

Pete.

Hi Pete
I must say we have done the am EMH and found them not too bad(as we stayed on site). Even as an onsite guest I tend to avoid the evening and go to one of the other parks that hasn't got EMH as they tend to be lighter. The only one I normally do is AK as it normally closes at 5pm and I like to see it all lit up in the dark.
I do think and im probably a minority that all paying guests should have the opportunity to go to EMH.Some people pay as much if not more to stay off site as they do on and we all pay the same price more or less for out tickets. Suppose its a disney guest perk but im really looking forward to our five nights off site. Havent stayed off site since 2005:eek:

dgutte
05-07-2010, 09:38 AM
People go to a park that has EMH even if they arrive after the normal park opening. I use this as an opportunity to visit a non EMH park instead.