View Full Version : If VB isn't sold out, then why can't I
03-06-2001, 05:36 AM
get a cash ressie for late November / early December? MS says they have no availability. It was my understanding that this time frame was not a very busy time for VB. Should I be calling somewhere else to get a ressie for VB? Call the Hotel direct? Thanks for any help you can provide. I want to spend 2 or 3 days there before (or after) my WDW trip.
03-06-2001, 06:02 AM
It sounds like you are trying for a cash ressie through MS with the 25% DVC discount. If so, that kind of ressie is seldom available this far out as they hold off doing those until they give members ample opportunity to reserve on points. Also, I assume you are a VB member if you trying to get that kind of cash ressie because if you own elsewhere you cannot even try for that before 7 months out. If you try to rent at regular rates through Disney itself, you may find more availability but even there they are probably holding back renting out a lot of rooms now because they may have to dedicate rooms to DVC as sales continue. In other words, you may want to call again in about 3 months
03-06-2001, 06:08 AM
You may have to try the resort directly. MS can offer cash nights only on the member inventory and, as drusba explained, they usually hold those nights for points reservations.
The resort itself won't provide any DVC reservations, but a cash reservation might be available (probably without any discounts though!)
03-06-2001, 06:29 AM
You can make a non-DVC discount reservation through CRO just like booking any other WDW resort. You can also do it at www.disneyvacationclub.com (http://www.disneyvacationclub.com)
03-06-2001, 06:37 AM
for the quick responses. I am a DVC member, but my home resort is BWV, and I don't want to use points for VB - they're already committed! LOL. I wasn't planning on a cash discount, but I was hoping to get a cash ressie as a member of the "general public". (Of course, if a cash discount were available, it would be cheerfully accepted)! With all the posts about how the sales are going so slowly at VB, I guess I just thought that there would be lots of rooms that the resort would need to rent for cash. Wishful thinking, huh? I'll try the resort directly and if I don't have any luck, I'll just keep trying. As suggested, maybe more rooms will be available within six months of my vacation dates. Thanks again for your responses.
03-06-2001, 06:40 AM
I never even thought of calling CRO. Guess I need another cup of coffee to get my brain working this morning!
03-06-2001, 08:41 AM
Consider this possibility: Although there have been posts about how slowly sales at VB have progressed, perhaps they are all WRONG!!! VERO BEACH RULES!!!
03-06-2001, 09:00 AM
Yes, sales were slow but judging by the real estate transactions in the Vero newspaper they are selling pretty well now. They also host a lot of small group conferences and weddings at Vero which can eat up blocks of rooms.
03-06-2001, 10:12 AM
In Jan I Booked 3 nights for points and 2 for cash for this July at VB.
03-06-2001, 11:13 AM
After reading a lot of different posts I was also under the impression that VB sales were very slow and getting ressies there would not be a problem. Thankfully, we decided to buy a seperate contract at VB last week. Good thing. The entire summer of weekdays is booked solid. Even in August - which is 6 months out! I am glad I will have an 11 month window at VB for our summer 2002 trip. I don't think VB is doing quite as bad as some people think.
Good luck with your plans!
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.