PDA

View Full Version : Air Pacific

kazbar
05-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Has anyone flown from Australia to the US on Air Pacific?

We are all booked with them for September but I was just wondering if anyone had any reviews on them :)

aussiegirls
05-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Hi kazbar :thumbsup2

I started a similar thread a few months ago. I was contemplating flying Air Pacific as their prices were pretty good at the time. Unfortunately the reviews I got from here were not very good at all so I went with another carrier.

You should be able to find the thread if you go back a little. If I find it I will post a link.

xxxx

kazbar
05-05-2010, 10:40 PM
I found it, thanks.

We paid $5800 for 2 adults and 3 children for return flights Syd to LAX and 6 nights at Hojos for September so I am not expecting luxury :)

Sugarglider
05-06-2010, 06:24 AM
I had one 3 hour south pacific flight a few years ago and they had no entertainment. they made no announcements about anything so I don't know if it was broken or non existant or whatever.
I personally dislike having the stop over - and depending on the timing you can get cheaper fares on Qantas / V Aust / United etc or if you are willing to stop over in Auckland - Air NZ, before it would cross my mind to do a long haul flight on AP.
Hawaiian Air have been advertising specials - infact I just got an email saying $500 return to Hawaii book by tonight - and from Hawaii you might be able to pick up a cheapish LAX return airfare.

kazbar
05-06-2010, 06:20 PM
thanks but we are already booked and paid. I also dont think i could get a better price for 5 flights and 6 nights at hojos in a kids suite. Anyway, too late now.

mareeld86
05-09-2010, 01:55 AM
Hi Kazbar,
I flew Air pacific in jan 2009 and Feb 2010 and they couldnt do enough to help us they were very firendly and everytrhing you asked wasd catered for.
I found the stop over in fiji for 4 hours wend really fast and you can get INternet access 100 minutes for $10 wifi so it makes the time go a bit quicker if you can log onto the net and have a play.
As for the inflight entertainment it was working the whole time we flew and they had movied on that werent even out in the cinemas here yet so that was a big plus.
The food was good for air plane food we had beef stew for lunch and eggs sausages and bacon from breakfast plas a salad roll for lunch/snack.
Over all I was very happy with them and would fly with them if I had the chance we didnt have one bad experience with them.
if you have anymore question feel free to PM me and I will be happy to answer them:).
Have fun lauren

kazbar
05-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Thank you Lauren :)

We have always found the Fijian people to be very friendly and great with children so as long as the kids are happy then their parents will be too

zaccy
05-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Not sure how long your stop over in Fiji is but the Hotel across the road from the airport (Raffles?) has a great pool and you can hire towles so you can all have a refreshing dip - will keep the kids very entertained. Just remember to pack your bathers and sunscreen and a few plastic bags in your hand luggage. There is also a place to eat there.

kazbar
05-10-2010, 01:31 AM
I dont think that will be necessary but thanks anyway :)

We are due in to Nadi at 18.55 and due to depart again at 22.00 so it will be less than 3 hours by the time we get sorted at as it will be night time I was hoping to just feed the kids and then get them dressed in their PJs with the hope of sending them to the land of nod when we re-boarded (thats the plan anyway :rotfl:)

mareeld86
05-10-2010, 04:53 AM
You really dont have time to leave the airport we found that it only take 30 mins to get through security in fiji at the most about 2 if you dont go to the toliet before you go through security just wait till after you get through there are more toilets.
Good Idea to get the kids into pj's i went to the land of nod after we reboarded i wasnt well though so i think my tablets kicked in lol!!;)