PDA

View Full Version : No rooms available to DVC members at my home resort-UPDATE

Nickymouse
03-06-2001, 06:38 AM
I posted a message several weeks ago, frustrated over my inability to get a room at BWV's at 9 months out. I was frustrated because some of my friends, non-DVC members, had no trouble getting a room for the same week. Well, I have good news to report. DVC came through with a 1 BR for all of the days we needed! I was placed on their waiting list, but never received any phone calls. I just called MS on a regular basis hoping to get 1 day added at a time. I was never successful at getting a single day until yesterday when the whole week opened up for me. So, if you are in a situation similar to mine, don't give up.

spiceycat
03-06-2001, 06:58 AM
glad you got what you wanted.

drusba
03-06-2001, 07:35 AM
Of course you realize that you just rendered moot about a week's worth of vehement debate that flowed from your post. :)

wdwnut
03-06-2001, 07:47 AM
hi: i'm on the waiting list too for the first/second week of november at bwv, our home resort too. maybe i should give ms a call, but i can't even make back-up ressies at okw or vwl yet.

Jimmac
03-06-2001, 11:54 AM
Did you get the week by calling or did they call you as a result of being on the waiting list?

WebmasterDoc
03-06-2001, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the report.

If at first you don't succeed.........

I wonder, does this now mean that the 11 month window is meaningless?? :)

Doc
doc@wdwinfo.com

Nickymouse
03-06-2001, 04:20 PM
wdwnut,
Call MS and check the availability for yourself. It seemed to me that a bunch of rooms suddenly opened up in November (when just yesterday the whole month of November was completely sold out) It still sounds a little fishy, but hey, I'm not complaining anymore now that I have what I want. I waited and waited to be called when any day opened up , but never heard anything. I just kept calling and yesterday the whole week was available for me. The guy from MS even commented on how he was surprised about the sudden availability.

Peterd
03-07-2001, 12:01 PM
wdwnut, was everything sold out or just standard rooms? We're going in Nov. We have 7 rooms reserved, with 3 at Okw. We were hoping to switch everyone over to the BW at the 7 month window, and possibly get two more rooms. If they're sold out, I guess I'll try WL. I remember about 5 months out last year, a bunch of rooms opened up for us. Good Luck

Figaro30
03-07-2001, 12:12 PM
That is definitely good news. It makes me feel hopeful for my switch to BWV from OKW in a few months.

http://lisasclipart.bizland.com/images/figaro1.jpg
'81 - Cont.
'88 - Disneyland
'89 - Maingate East
'91 - CBR
'94 - CBR
'95 - CBR
'98 - BC
'00 - WL
'01 - OKW