PDA

View Full Version : Mama melrose!!!!

erv1216
05-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Thanks for all who previously answered my questions about Mama Melrose. We just got back from out trip. We had reservations for Friday! I was a bit hesitant because of all the mixed reviews! I went, with really no high expectations! I had heard about the food, the service, and what not! But let me tell you that I LOVE IT! I ordered the Chicken Parm like most of you suggested and it was delicious!!!! LOVED IT! We had reservations at 1:10pm, we arrived at 12:45 and were seated within 5 minutes! The waitress came right away, ordered our drinks and was back very quick! The service was EXCELLENT!!! And again my food was great, however my DH did not like what he ordered. Dont know the exact name, but it was pasta with sausage! It was cooked with so much cooking wine, that I can smell it across the table! I had warned him to get the same as me, since that is what you guys told me, but he didnt listen! Overall, I had a great experience and i will definetely be going back;)

tinkgurl
05-04-2010, 03:00 PM
So glad you enjoyed MM! It's a favorite of ours.

ROEDISNEY
05-04-2010, 03:02 PM
So glad you had a great experience.

nytimez
05-04-2010, 03:21 PM
I never understood the mixed reviews. I've honestly never had a bad meal there.

Cat0727
05-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Glad you enjoyed it! We love it there :)

LilGMom
05-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Glad you enjoyed it! We've always had wonderful dining experiences there and try to make sure we eat there at least once each trip. Looking forward to it in less than a month. :thumbsup2

LowesChevy
05-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Glad to hear you had a nice lunch. That is when we usually go and it has been great as well.

Tam1067
05-04-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm glad you liked it. We've always had good meals there, and we'll be back in July.

mommyaof2
05-04-2010, 07:17 PM
This is on our list for our next trip! Thanks for the review.

goldielocksraj
05-04-2010, 07:26 PM
So glad that you had a good meal! ;) I know Mama Melrose's has gotten pretty mixed reviews, but my one meal there was fabulous! For anyone else considering this restaurant-my sister and I both compared the food to Olive Garden. In fact, she said the minstrone soup was almost the same.

jdisnut
05-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Glad to hear you had such a good experience. My family likes Mama Melrose's, too!

TreslovesWDW
05-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Glad to hear. We will be trying this for the first time our next trip. I was feeling the same way reading the reviews, but thought I would try it anyway. If it is like Olive Garden then thats fine because that is my fav place to eat anyways..lol

jdisnut
05-11-2010, 10:08 AM
It's always nice to read some positive feedback on the boards. Everybody is so quick to criticize restaurants. Not many return from their trips to post praise!

I also like Mama Melrose's, and I remember telling you as much in your original thread. Thanks for reporting back!

SnowWhite33
05-11-2010, 10:09 AM
This is good news! We have tried it twice and were not impressed either time-lousy service and lousy food.

This year we are giving it one more chance because of the Fantasmic! dining package-I'm warning everyone to just get Chicken Parm since that's what gets the good ratings :rotfl:

carone0318
05-11-2010, 11:31 AM
I just want to add that I always get the Penne Alla Vodka and it has never done me wrong. ;)

disneygal55
05-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Thanks for all who previously answered my questions about Mama Melrose. We just got back from out trip. We had reservations for Friday! I was a bit hesitant because of all the mixed reviews! I went, with really no high expectations! I had heard about the food, the service, and what not! But let me tell you that I LOVE IT! I ordered the Chicken Parm like most of you suggested and it was delicious!!!! LOVED IT! We had reservations at 1:10pm, we arrived at 12:45 and were seated within 5 minutes! The waitress came right away, ordered our drinks and was back very quick! The service was EXCELLENT!!! And again my food was great, however my DH did not like what he ordered. Dont know the exact name, but it was pasta with sausage! It was cooked with so much cooking wine, that I can smell it across the table! I had warned him to get the same as me, since that is what you guys told me, but he didnt listen! Overall, I had a great experience and i will definetely be going back;)
We went to MM last October for my DH's birthday. I liked my meal...some kind of chicken alfredo dish...but my DH hated his dish. I think he had the same kind of sausage and pasta dish that you DH ordered. It had a DARK red sauce that my husband absolutely hated. He is a big pasta and sauce lover and he ate only a few bites. I felt bad because it was his birthday meal. A person in our party had the chicken parm which she really loved so I guess this is the dish to get. The minestrone soup was good too.

Chee Chick
05-11-2010, 02:45 PM
My family had a great experience at Mama Melrose. I'm glad you did, too! :)

KYCruiseCrazy
05-11-2010, 04:58 PM
We love Mama's. Great food and wonderful place to eat at before either Fantasmic or Osbourne lights:goodvibes

PiperGirlInWondrland
05-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Glad you liked it! We are trying it in Aug for the fantasmic pkg for the first time. I will go for the chicken parm! :thumbsup2

Simba22
05-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Glad you liked it! We love Mama's...the only complaint we have is that they removed the Artisan Bread appetizer from the menu! I wish they would bring it back for our upcoming trip in October!

Just an FYI - the Flatbread Pizzas and the steak are REALLY good too!

Linda67
05-13-2010, 03:39 AM
Really glad you enjoyed it :thumbsup2
We thought it was great when we visited in March (Fantasmic Dinner Package)
The Pizza was lovely

momplus3
05-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Glad to hear that you liked it! We are eating there in September as part of the Fantasmic Package!

debyc
05-16-2010, 06:48 PM
Glad you enjoyed your meal! I always get the chicken Parm too :thumbsup2

B-Ride
05-16-2010, 07:36 PM
We were like you. Tried it despite all the bad reviews and loved it. We had the same experience with Wolfgang Puck Cafe. We were worried about the reviews but tried it anyways and enjoyed it.

It has always been my opinion that you should try places for yourself rather than listen to other people's reviews too much. Personal tastes vary and you are better forming your own opinion.

mousireid
05-16-2010, 11:09 PM
Last year my Dad had a very nice cut of meat and proceeded to announce it was 'one of the best steaks he has ever eaten!" Which is surprising because he's a meat and optato man, but whoever was cooking that night did it well! My son REALLY enjoyed his pizza (fanatic) and both my Mother and I enjoyed our pasta dishes, nothing FABULOUS but very nice. Also, we had a lovely, friendly server and never had to wait. With children in tow, it was a relief!
Gets my vote and we are going again in two weeks!