PDA

View Full Version : Spa Treatments on the Discover Magic Package

kissygoose
08-09-2002, 03:34 PM
I'm not sure I'm on the right board for this but I hope someone can help me. I've booked the Discovery Magic Package for our upcoming honeymoon. I was very excited because I have never been able to do things like spas before and I thought it would be a real pampering treat. Stupid me didn't know about the boards yet and so I found out what limited options were available for the packages concerning the spas. I'm a little confused though becuase I can't find any of the treatments that were listed by Janet as being offered by the package on the sites that list what the spas have. Has anyone using the Discovery Magic package used their wishes for the spas and was it worth it? Also would you suggest the GF over the Institute?

This is taking off some of the glimmer of my trip and also second guessing whether the package was really as good of a deal as I thought.

lovespugs
08-09-2002, 08:03 PM
I will be using Discovery Magic on my next trip, and I will be using several wishes for spa treatments at the Institute spa. DH e-mailed them and they e-mailed back their offerings, and let us know which ones were covered by wishes. I am sure that the GF spa could do the same thing!

Gorechick
08-09-2002, 08:16 PM
Hi! I'll be honeymooning on the Disc. Magic plan in one week. I chose to use wishes for spa treatments and decided to go with DI instead of GF. I've read that GF's spa is not run by Disney and DI's one is. There is a thread somewhere that has all the components of the Discovery Magic plan listed, you may want to search for it. :D

drenkey
08-10-2002, 09:55 AM
For a brochure from the Spa at DI, you can call (407) 827-4455 or email WDW.DI.Group.Reservations@disney.com. I specifically requested a list of services that are covered under the Discovery Magic package and they highlighted those services in the brochure they sent.

The following services are 2 Discovery Magic Wishes each:

50 minute Swedish Massage (valued at $85)
50 minute Sports Massage (valued at $85)
50 minute Ultimate European Facial (valued at $85)

I believe the following services are one wish each but you should check to make sure:

50 minute Manicure (valued at $40-45)
50 minute Pedicure (valued at $40-45)

The Discovery Magic Wishes include tax and gratuity, so you don't need to spend anything extra for these services.

You can also add other services to your spa reservation that are not covered by wishes.

As far as transportation to DI, there are a few options:
1. Walk to DI from Downtown Disney
2. Complimentary transfer from Old Key West resort to DI (have OKW guest services call DI)
3. Ask for transfer options from your resort to DI at the guest services desk when you arrive

I won't have a review anytime soon, since I'm booked for December 2. I'm getting a Swedish massage, Ultimate European Facial, and Warm Seafoam Mud Wrap. I'll be sure to write a review after our trip though!

Good luck planning! :)

Gorechick
08-10-2002, 03:41 PM
FYI- The services at DI are 2 wishes each and the services at GF are 1 wish each.

lovespugs
08-10-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by drenkey
As far as transportation to DI, there are a few options:
1. Walk to DI from Downtown Disney
2. Complimentary transfer from Old Key West resort to DI (have OKW guest services call DI)
3. Ask for transfer options from your resort to DI at the guest services desk when you arrive

When my DH made my reservations, he was told that they included round trip transfers from DI. We told him what (on-site) resort we would be staying at, and he said there would be taxi vouchers waiting for us when we checked in.

Janet2k
08-12-2002, 02:20 AM
Kissygoose, I have never used the "spa" portion of the plans but have read that they can be wonderful (depending, of course, upon the person rendering the service). According to the items stated in Disney's Discovery Magic Vacation Package 2002 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=199158&highlight=2002), the following were offered at the time of printing:

- - - - - - -
SPA TREATMENTS
Rejuvenate your body and mind with a luxurious spa treatment. If you wish to enjoy additional spa services performed that are not listed, the standard fees apply and will be handled separately.

The Spa at the Disney Institute:
Two (2) Magical Wishes features per treatment.
The following spa services are available for guests 18 years of age or older:
* Ultimate European Facial
* Sports Massage
* Swedish Massage
* Spa Manicure
* Spa Pedicure

All treatments are 50 minutes in length. To schedule a spa appointment at The Spa at the Disney Institute, please call 407-827-4455. An approved major credit card is required for booking.

Should you need to cancel your spa appointment, please call at least 4 hours prior to the appointment time to avoid a cancellation charge of 50% of the cost of the spa treatment. A 100% cancellation fee will be charged for no shows. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. Applicable taxes, gratuities, and service charges are included.

Grand Floridian Spa & Health Club:
One (1) Magical Wishes feature per treatment.
The following spa services are available for guests 18 years of age or older:
* Face and Scalp Massage
* Lavender Meadows Bath
* Sinus Relief

All treatments are 20 to 25 minutes in length. To schedule a spa appointment at The Grand Floridian Spa & Health Club please call 407-824-2332. An approved major credit card is required for booking.

Should you need to cancel your spa appointment, please call at least 2 hours prior to the appointment time to avoid a cancellation charge of 100% of the cost of the spa treatment. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. Applicable taxes and gratuities are included.
- - - - - - -

If you call any of the phone numbers that were listed above and tell them that you are on the plan, they should be able to tell you exactly what is offered during your stay. I would love to hear all about your experiences upon your return. I am hoping they will be good ones. Have a lovely vacation.

Janet2k
08-12-2002, 02:26 AM
By the way, Kissygoose, happy honeymooning! And to put the "honey" back into "honeymoon," get cracking planning all your magical "wishes." If you play them right, you will surely help guarantee a very busy and joyous trip. I have Grand Planned twice and truly had magical vacations. Of course I needed a vacation from my vacation due to all the activities that we did, but I worried about catching up on my sleep once I returned to the real world. ;)