PDA

View Full Version : I Need some Advice

NRRaids10
08-09-2002, 02:10 PM
I have a slight dilemna. The Thing is.... I am planning a trip for my family of 5 for early July of next year and have found two flights, one leaving July 3rd and the other July 6. The one that leaves July 6 is about 90 dollars cheaper per person. However, a friend of mine who was there on July 4 said the fireworks they had were by far the most amazing he had ever seen and my kids absolutely love fireworks. Are the fireworks really that great? Do you think that they are worth the more expensive flight ?

Wish Upon A Star
08-09-2002, 02:17 PM
We were at WDW from July 4 - July 11 this year . . .I don't know about anyone else, but I thought the fireworks were awesome!

We stayed at GF in Conch Key and we were able to sit out on our balcony and watch the 4th fireworks.

The fireworks were not only coming from the castle, but from all over the lagoon . . .they were EVERYWHERE. The most awesome display I've ever seen . . .

I'm sure if we were on the Poly Beach or staying at the Contemporary we would of saw each and every firework, but since we were centrally located just facing the castle and part of the lagoon, we had to look to our left to see the others.

We will be going again next year, this time June 28th - July 5th and I plan on seeing the 4th fireworks again . . .

There were fireworks every night of our stay but the 4th fireworks were almost 20 minutes long and absolutely fantastic.

Lisa P.
08-09-2002, 02:43 PM
I've never seen the July 4th fireworks at WDW. But $90 x 5 people = $450. So how about it, people... is it worth this much, for a family to vacation and see them, rather than vacation right afterward?

I wonder if you might get a better rate by just waiting a while. July 2003 is still a long way off. Just a thought.

robinb
08-09-2002, 04:29 PM
I was at WDW for this last July 4th. The fireworks were indeed awesome. BUT ... they were not $450 awesome IMO. Save your money and go a little later. There are plenty of fireworks opportunites that your children will enjoy just as much.

Princess49
08-09-2002, 04:37 PM
Another thing to keep in mind is that you will still see fireworks there whether its 4th of July or not! They may not be the most amazing ever but theyre still fireworks & I agree that you might find better rates by waiting- I'm suprised you can even get airfare that far in advance!!

sgtdisney
08-09-2002, 05:15 PM
With all the budget cutbacks at Disney as of late, I would question if they will have an equally impressive display next year as they did this year? It would be disapointing if you pay all that extra money and Disney changes its plans and only has it's normal display. Just a thought...

Rpsemont
08-10-2002, 08:39 PM
Is it your groups first Trip? There is so much about WDW and their night shows that is awesome - even w/o the special fireworks on the 4th. Also, are the other people going as excited about great fireworks as you are? I love a great show, but DD HATES the noise. I still find myself trying to do things that other people say are great without really thinking about whether it's a priority for me LOL!

soccer mom
08-11-2002, 06:35 AM
I've never flown around that time, but is it possible to wait awhile and see if prices change? What about going out on the 1st or 2nd, or a different time of day?

Unfortunately, I tend to spend the money on vacations if it is something I really want. So I would probably spend it if I had it.

LvsTnk
08-11-2002, 08:06 AM
The fireworks form the Polynesian (we had a LV Concierge room) were AWESOME!! If I had the money and it was important to me I would do it. Laurie :D