PDA

View Full Version : Anyone flown with First Choice recently?!

Debs Hill
05-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Hi guys! Had a horrible experience with Virgin last time we went to Orlando and so this time would like to try First Choice (premium economy equivalent). Would love to hear from anyone who has flown with them, the good, the bad and the ugly!
Debsx:hug:

cherjp
05-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Hi, my experience is from 2008 and havent flown with virgin so cant comment on them, but we went First choice premier seats from Manchester all last minute due to TCD going bust 3 weeks before our holiday. We were able to do night before check in at manchester, which was great. The seats we had were at the front on the right hand side , the seats were leather(ish) and big and comfy, the seat config was 2-3-2. The food was really nice !! and lots of it too, our entertainment system was good, where you could go to the loo and pause the film. The luggage allowance was 30 kgs at that time too. and you got priority check in at both airports. Sanford was good and we got the lounge at Sanford included in the cost. So our experience from then was fab.

The only downside for us was the trek home from manchester. Looked at going again with them from Glasgow this year but the prices before the premium supp was added were horrendous !!

hope this is helpful and hopefully someone comes along with more recent experience too.

kevin harrison
05-03-2010, 02:17 PM
I flew in premium to Sanford from Nottingham, have also used Virgin's premium offering, here are my thoughts.

The seats are at the front of the plane. The entertainment was excellent, the seats were big and comfy and best of all the food was of a high standard, far better than Virgins. As another poster said, it also included the clubhouse at Sanford.

The downside? There are toilets at the front of the plane on either side, people from economy were constantly queuing in the premium area, at one point there was a woman standing in my wife's space in between her feet. My son is Autistic and he was getting a little stressed, the cabin crew did nothing, even when asked. I think even without a child with special needs it would have been annoying.

That is the only moan for me, the bottom line is for me I would use them again, but the price for their premium offering is way too high now. There is little to choose between them all in my opinion.

cherjp
05-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Totally forgot about the toilet issue, that did drive me mad, although the cabin crew made an announcement about moving in front of the people in the middle seats at the very front .

Our flight on the way back wasn't so good, though this was due to the cabin crew who weren't very nice at all .

My Dh was in the row of 2 seats at the very back on the premier cabin with our elder son and I dont think those seats reclined very much, if at all.