PDA

View Full Version : A Quick Trip of Deliciousness! 4/26-4/29 Updated and Completed 5/23!

bluechic03
05-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Hey Everyone :wave2:

We just got back from a wonderful trip to the World....with our 11wk old son! It was the most magical trip yet :cloud9: We stayed at the Swan and therefore did not do the Disney Dining Plan. I was interested to see if we would save any money by not having the plan since we felt the plan had so much more food than what we usually eat. I saved most receipts so I'm going to compare what we would have spent on the plan versus what we actually spent.

Here's a quick intro so you know who you're reading about :thumbsup2

My name is Carolyn, I'm 29 and currently live in Maine. I grew up in Chicago and used to be a chef before a back injury put an end to that, now I'm a banker (yay 9-5!) I like pretty much anything and will try anything but I LOVE Italian food and iced coffee. I also adore WDW and this was my 7th trip :woohoo:

Here we are in line for Dumbo!
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7302783.jpg

My DH, Derek, is 33 and grew up in Boston. His mother was not exactly the best cook, thank god she isn't on the DIS :rotfl: He often says he didn't enjoy food until he met me :hug: He is a meat and potato kind of guy, but he's easily influenced if I strongly suggest he should order something. He also :love: sushi.

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7302826.jpg

Our Son, Silas, was born Feb. 9th and is the love of our lives. His favorite food currently is milk, milk, and more milk :laughing: He loved WDW and all the lights, colors, and sounds, he went especially crazy for the Tiki Room!

His first Ears :earsboy:
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7302795.jpg

I will cover the following

Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Pinnochio's Village Haus
Biergarten
Rosie's All American Cafe
Pecos Bill's
The Plaza
The Java Bar (at the Swan)

MHSweb79
05-03-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm in! And I'm sure I dont' have to tell you how adorable your son is.....

The only place we've eaten that's on your list is the Biergarten, so I'll be looking to see how you liked that. If your DS loved the Tiki's, he's bound to have loved the oompah band, right?

LuccaDrake
05-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Looking forward to your reviews! I also live in Maine and work in Portland. Your son is adorable! Can't wait to read about some food as it's my obsession on here currently.

~Beka~

bluechic03
05-03-2010, 10:23 PM
I'm in! And I'm sure I dont' have to tell you how adorable your son is.....

The only place we've eaten that's on your list is the Biergarten, so I'll be looking to see how you liked that. If your DS loved the Tiki's, he's bound to have loved the oompah band, right?

Thank you so much for your compliment about our son :) I do think he's totally the cutest, but every mother does right? He did love the oompah band too, especially the chicken dance!

Looking forward to your reviews! I also live in Maine and work in Portland. Your son is adorable! Can't wait to read about some food as it's my obsession on here currently.

~Beka~

:welcome: Thank you as well! And food is always my obsession :rotfl:

bluechic03
05-03-2010, 11:03 PM
We arrived Monday 4/26 at about 5:45pm and got picked up from the airport by DH's brother Andrew and his wife Jeannie. I had my heart set on Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club for our first Disney meal, but the rest of my companions wanted to go to Downtown Disney. I caved and we got to Downtown Disney at about 7:30pm. They had the menus posted outside the restaurants, so we checked out Wolfgang Puck's and Bongo's. We decided Wolfgang Puck Cafe looked good since we liked the offerings and wanted to be waited on.

We were seated with a nice few of characters in flight in the back of the dining room.

Silas even had his own place setting!

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7302759.jpg

Everyone had soda to drink, but I indulged and had a beer. It was a Heffeweise (sp?) and was just what I needed to start my vacation!

All the food descriptions will be courtesy of Allears.net

We started with a Rainbow Roll, which I forgot to take a pic of, but it was DELICIOUS and very fresh.
Rainbow Roll- California inside out with tuna, whitefish, salmon, shrimp and avocado $14.95

Andrew had -Macadamia Nut Crusted Breast of Chicken - Panko and macadamia nut crusted boneless breast of chicken, sho-yo cream, spice and garlic mashed potatoes $25.95
He thought it was really good and cleaned his plate. He also was really impressed with the micro-greens on top :thumbsup2

Jeannie had the Four Cheese Wood-Fired Pizza. She didn't care for it that much and maybe ate half of it.
Four Cheese Pizza- mozzarella, fontina, goat, and parmesan cheeses, tomatoes, basil with pesto sauce $12.95

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7302761.jpg

Derek and I split the Cobb Salad and a BBQ Chicken Pizza. Both were REALLY good, our only complaint was the bacon was super salty on the salad. So salty that it overpowered the rest of the salad. I had to pick off some of the bacon, if you knew me well you would know how difficult that was for me LOL I did enjoy the green beans on the salad, I'd never had them on a Cobb Salad but thought they were a nice touch.
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7302762.jpg
Cobb Salad - Bacon, green beans, chopped egg, avocado, blue cheese, tomatoes with sherry vinaigrette $14.95

We both really liked the pizza, and managed to polish it all off. The sweet and tangy sauce was perfect with the bite of the red onion and creamy cheese. The picture came out blurry though, so no pic :headache:
BBQ Chicken Pizza- Roma tomatoes, red onions $13.95

We then split the Creme Brulee Cheesecake....OMG heaven on a plate! The cheesecake had the flecks of real vanilla bean and the crunchy creme brulee top was awesome! Again, a super blurry pic.....but a picture wouldn't even do it justice, my mouth is watering just thinking about it :worship:

Crème Brulee Cheesecake - Rich, smooth, custard cheesecake topped with bruleed sugar $7.95

Overall this was a really great first evening dinner. The ambiance was very relaxing and the view of Characters in Flight was really nice as well. The food was all very fresh and flavorful and service was great. I would eat here again just for the cheesecake!

Mickeefan
05-04-2010, 11:57 AM
I'm hooked!

Looking forward to more reviews!

MickeyNicki
05-04-2010, 12:03 PM
That baby is toooooo cute!

Love your reviews!

Gouden Leeuw
05-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Signing on, can't wait for more.

bluechic03
05-04-2010, 06:31 PM
I'm hooked!

Looking forward to more reviews!

Hi There! Thanks for reading :)

That baby is toooooo cute!

Love your reviews![/QUOTE
Thank you very much! I always read yours and love them as well :cutie:

[QUOTE=Gouden Leeuw;36523756]Signing on, can't wait for more.

Welcome! :woohoo:

bluechic03
05-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Before beginning my next review, I need to backtrack and include some info I forgot to include in my last post, our total for WPC. The amount that would have been covered by the dining plan was $41.90.

This morning I woke up around 7:30am ready to go! My hubby on the other hand took a little more convincing....luckily the Swan had something to help with this matter....
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7302742.jpg

ahhhhhhhhh thank God for starbucks! so much better than nescafe :rotfl:

I also frequented the java bar on the way to the parks for my beloved iced coffee, another saving grace :woohoo:

After our coffee fix, we started off Monday at the Magic Kingdom...had to take Silas on his first ride, Dumbo of course! Here's a bonus pic of us on the ride

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7302788.jpg

He loved it and all the rides, but had a mini-meltdown about half way through Fantasyland. Pinnochio's was open but not serving yet, so i ducked in to feed Silas. I wanted to point this out for any other nursing Mom's out there...this was a very quiet and relaxing place to feed the baby without having to haul everyone back to the baby center or being out in the hot sun. Granted this was about 10:30am, well before lunch time.

We then finished the rest of Fantasyland and were getting pretty hungry. We decided to head back to Pinnochios for lunch ourselves. I was up for a salad, plus I think they may be closing it for the expansion. I think that's where they are putting the Beauty and the Beast restaurant. Anyone know for sure?

We shared a salad and pizza

Individual Pizza - Cheese $5.99 (sorry no pic)

Mediterranean Salad - mixed greens, chicken, roasted red peppers, black olives and red onions, parmesan, mozzarella cheese $8.49

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/disney%20food%20pics%202009/S7301643.jpg
This pic was from last year as I forgot a pic this year. The only difference is I didn't get those yummy pita bread wedges this time. I don't know if they forgot them or if they are just off for good.

We also ordered two large Diet Cokes (2.49 x 2) and a side of french fries (2.49)

Overall I enjoyed Pinnochios again. I really like the theme in this restaurant, it's very "fairytale" to me, and I will miss it if it is going to close. The only thing that I don't like is the things they have taken off the menu here. I used to love the Figaro Fries (first they were altered, now they're completely gone!) and the cannoli (again off the menu and replaced with the generic strawberry cheesecake you can get so many other places) They have added a meatball sub which looked pretty good, but I didn't get a chance to try. I should also mention they actually had a "special" this day. It was Chicken Parmesean served with orzo...I think it was priced between $8-$9.

Here are a few pics of the inside, I wanted to take these in case it is gone forever!

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7302789-1.jpg

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7302791-1.jpg

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7302792-1.jpg

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7302793.jpg

As far as pricing goes, total for this meal was $23.38. The only thing that wouldn't have been covered on the dining plan was the fries. So the estimated total that would have been covered by the dining plan is $20.89.
Our total so far spent that would have been covered by the plan is 62.79.

Up next, another old favorite, Biergarten!

wdwfanatic316
05-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Wow! Great start! :thumbsup2 I really enjoyed the pics of Pinnochio's, and can't wait to hear review for Biergarten. I keep trying to fit it into our ADR's but can't ever seem to make it in. Oh, and I love the pic of your son with his first Mickey ears. Adorable! :lovestruc

princessallegra
05-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Great start!!!!!! Your little one is an absolute ANGEL!!!!!! OMGGGGGGGGG!!!! So cute!!! The Dumbo pic is so cute. Can't wait to read more!

Ciciwoowoo
05-05-2010, 08:42 AM
I am loving your report so far!

Your son Silas and my son Adam share a birthday! He was born 2/9/10 too. I was looking at your pics and thinking he looks to be the same age as my son, and when I read his birth date, I just sort of teared up! I've been trying to convince his dad that we need to go to WDW and he insists he is too young! Just wait until he gets home from work tonight and I show him this!

bluechic03
05-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Wow! Great start! :thumbsup2 I really enjoyed the pics of Pinnochio's, and can't wait to hear review for Biergarten. I keep trying to fit it into our ADR's but can't ever seem to make it in. Oh, and I love the pic of your son with his first Mickey ears. Adorable! :lovestruc

Thank you very much! I love the pic in his little ears, I'm so glad we got them :) I almost didn't since they didn't quite fit him yet....needless to say I'm so glad we did!

Great start!!!!!! Your little one is an absolute ANGEL!!!!!! OMGGGGGGGGG!!!! So cute!!! The Dumbo pic is so cute. Can't wait to read more!

Awwww thanks, I always tell him he's my angel :cloud9:

I am loving your report so far!

Your son Silas and my son Adam share a birthday! He was born 2/9/10 too. I was looking at your pics and thinking he looks to be the same age as my son, and when I read his birth date, I just sort of teared up! I've been trying to convince his dad that we need to go to WDW and he insists he is too young! Just wait until he gets home from work tonight and I show him this!

That's awesome! 2/9/10 is a great birthday :thumbsup2 He was born at 2:35am, how about Adam? We had such a great time, it was the perfect amount of time too. We were there only 4 days and in the parks for 2 1/2. It wasn't really all that much work, it just was a different pace. The babycenters are also REALLY nice, much nicer than I expected. I was nervous about it too, especially the plane rides, but he did great! And he really did love the rides and shows, he looked around a lot and was smiling/giggling A LOT!

NitemaresSister
05-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Hi! I am in! Excited to see what else you ate! :)

Son is adorable, of course! Now having second thoughts about how I thought I would never take an infant to Disney... you are starting to convince me!! :rotfl:

butiflfeet
05-05-2010, 11:28 AM
We haven't been to Pinnochio's in a while and I forgot how cute it is inside! I can't wait to read more of your reviews :thumbsup2

dumbo_buddy
05-05-2010, 03:45 PM
i'm in!!! love that baby! he's so cute i just want to bite him! lol!

looking forward to reading about your dining experience in germany! i love biergarten! :)

martinolichfamily
05-05-2010, 04:32 PM
:wave2: I'm in! Just found your report...great start! :thumbsup2
Your DS is too cute!! :cutie:

Looking forward to reading more.

Ciciwoowoo
05-05-2010, 05:19 PM
That's awesome! 2/9/10 is a great birthday :thumbsup2 He was born at 2:35am, how about Adam? We had such a great time, it was the perfect amount of time too. We were there only 4 days and in the parks for 2 1/2. It wasn't really all that much work, it just was a different pace. The babycenters are also REALLY nice, much nicer than I expected. I was nervous about it too, especially the plane rides, but he did great! And he really did love the rides and shows, he looked around a lot and was smiling/giggling A LOT!

Adam was born at 9:08 AM. We did a scheduled C. :goodvibes

We are going down in August to visit family and hubby is afraid that it will be too hot for the baby... I'm trying to at least talk him into doing one MK day! I think feeding the baby in restaurant before it opened was a fabulous idea!

SnwflkCts
05-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Cute baby as I have to chime in!

I really like all your pics -- you've had some things I hadn't seen before --

DH and I didn't use the dining plan the last two trips -- we had for two trips before that. Really, we were not dessert eaters and it probably worked out to be even (and better for our waistline!) then the money spent on the dining plan. The convenience of the dining plan was what I liked but we had it when the appitizer and tip was included and it really was a great deal!!

Can't wait for more! Thanks for posting your reviews! :thumbsup2

dizney4us
05-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Thanks for posting...looking forward to the rest of your trip. Beautiful baby too!:goodvibes

pepperw23
05-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Wow what an adorable little baby! Me and DH "giggled" at how cute he is...

Oh yea, good TR too :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:)

bluechic03
05-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Hi! I am in! Excited to see what else you ate! :)

Son is adorable, of course! Now having second thoughts about how I thought I would never take an infant to Disney... you are starting to convince me!! :rotfl:

Thanks and Welcome! I thought our first trip would be in December when DS would be 10 months....I never thought I could take him at 11 wks....but he did great and we had so much fun! I think worrying about it was worse than actually going lol

We haven't been to Pinnochio's in a while and I forgot how cute it is inside! I can't wait to read more of your reviews :thumbsup2

I know I love the ambiance there :)

i'm in!!! love that baby! he's so cute i just want to bite him! lol!

looking forward to reading about your dining experience in germany! i love biergarten! :)

hehe I find myseld kissing his cheeks constantly, I think he's going to have chapped cheeks someday :rotfl:

:wave2: I'm in! Just found your report...great start! :thumbsup2
Your DS is too cute!! :cutie:

Looking forward to reading more.

Thank you very much and :welcome:

Cute baby as I have to chime in!

I really like all your pics -- you've had some things I hadn't seen before --

DH and I didn't use the dining plan the last two trips -- we had for two trips before that. Really, we were not dessert eaters and it probably worked out to be even (and better for our waistline!) then the money spent on the dining plan. The convenience of the dining plan was what I liked but we had it when the appitizer and tip was included and it really was a great deal!!

Can't wait for more! Thanks for posting your reviews! :thumbsup2

We are the same way, most of the time I would rather order an appetizer and don't really care about a dessert. Even if we want one we will split it. I think it was such a great value when you used to get the appetizer and tip included, I guess it was too good to be true :headache:

Thanks for posting...looking forward to the rest of your trip. Beautiful baby too!:goodvibes

Thanks for reading :thumbsup2

Wow what an adorable little baby! Me and DH "giggled" at how cute he is...

Oh yea, good TR too :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:)

awwww thank you so much!

bluechic03
05-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Adam was born at 9:08 AM. We did a scheduled C. :goodvibes

We are going down in August to visit family and hubby is afraid that it will be too hot for the baby... I'm trying to at least talk him into doing one MK day! I think feeding the baby in restaurant before it opened was a fabulous idea!

I'm sure August will be hot, but you can always take a break in the middle of the day when it's REALLY hot. Or just hang out in the baby centers restaurants, etc....We actually skipped AK this time since it's such a big park with not alot of inside attractions/waiting areas for fear of him getting overheated.

DW2010
05-05-2010, 09:02 PM
We're not eating at any of the places you'll be reviewing, but I had to post to tell you that your son is ADORABLE. My DD is 3 1/2, and I'm starting to get baby fever...lol.

Hayley94
05-06-2010, 10:51 AM
your son is sooooo sweet! looking forward to your biergarten review, it's one of my faves :-)

bluechic03
05-10-2010, 09:52 PM
We're not eating at any of the places you'll be reviewing, but I had to post to tell you that your son is ADORABLE. My DD is 3 1/2, and I'm starting to get baby fever...lol.

Thanks for reading! When you get baby fever.....just think about the 1am, 4am, and 6am feedings :scared1:

your son is sooooo sweet! looking forward to your biergarten review, it's one of my faves :-)

Thanks! Biergarten is one of our favs too!

MousekaMaddi
05-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Im in!!;)

bluechic03
05-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Sorry it took me so long to update....I had to go back to work last Wednesday and we are still getting used to it, why can't I just stay home with the baby and get paid for the rest of my life???:headache: Oh well, it's nice to feel productive and talk to adults :thumbsup2 On to the rest of Tuesday....

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/disney%20food%20pics%202009/S7301637.jpg

I ate this as I walked through Adventure Land on the way to the Baby Center, Mommy needed a snack too! One of the worlds most perfect foods....Dole Whip!:woohoo: $3.07

We also had a large Diet Coke as a snack today for $2.65

After a nice day at MK we headed over for a little trip around Epcot. We met my cousin and her son for dinner over at The Biergarten. We LOVE this restaurant. The buffet is delicious and the entertainment is AWESOME. You also can't beat the giant beers!
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7301325.jpg
That's one happy hubby! Imagine how happy he was when the beer was empty :rotfl:
This happy!
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7301337.jpg
I'm not sure what kind his was, but I think it was the darkest you could order and it loved it of course! I ordered a heife-something again and it was goooooooood. I didn't get a buzz though since I drank it super slow and ate ALOT....speaking of which here's my first plate
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7301322.jpg

Starting with the bowl and going clockwise
Potato and Leek Soup (so good!) macaroni salad, green salad with tarragon dressing, tomato salad, cucumber salad (one of my favs), butter, pretzel bread, german sausages (the larger pink ones tasted like bologna)

Here's DH's
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7301328.jpg

Potato and Leek soup, beef, cucumber salad, daikon slaw, tomato salad, macaroni salad, pretzel bread

Needless to say we both polished off those plates and went back for more..

My 2nd plate
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7301327.jpg
Pretzel bread, cucumber salad, butter, sausages, mac and cheese, salmon, chicken shnitzel, spaetzel, dumpking, carrots

DH's 2nd plate
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7301323.jpg
Macaroni Salad, Cucmber Salad, red stuff-we couldn't remember, must have not been that good, pretzel bread, brat and sauerkraut, chicken schnitzel, roast pork

We took a little break and did some dancing with the band. My little cousin was all over the dancing and was the first one on the dance floor! We followed with Silas and he loved it too....Especially the chicken dance :dancer:
After we did some dancing we decided we had room in our tummies and got dessert
This is my plate
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7301338.jpg
Berry compote, apple streudel with vanilla sauce, chocolate cake, melon, bavarian cheesecake. I loved everything except the chocolate cake. It was really dense and kind of bitter. DH on the other hand liked it the best...
Here's his plate
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7301339.jpg
Berry compote, Apple Streudel, and TWO pieces of chocolate cake. He put the berries on the cake and was in heaven

Overall we loved the Biergarten and will definetely come back. My favorites were the cucumber salad, pretzel bread, salmon, and bavarian cheesecake. DH's favs were the pretzel bread, potato leek soup, chicken shnitzel, and chocolate cake. We both think this is a great place for families and everyone should try it at least once.

The buffet is $32.99/person and includes a non-alcoholic beverage=$70.27

cont. in next post....

bluechic03
05-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Here are a few pics of the inside of The Biergarten

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7302806.jpg
My cousin and her son
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7302801.jpg
Derek and Silas on the dancefloor
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7302799.jpg

So far this trip we have spent $159.79 on food that would have been covered on the DP....

Coming up lunch at Rosie's, a snack at Pecos Bill's, and dinner at The Plaza

bluechic03
05-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Im in!!;)

Thanks for joining in!

Linda67
05-11-2010, 02:59 AM
Thanks for the Biergarten review
It looks like you all had a great time :thumbsup2

dizneeat
05-11-2010, 04:23 AM
This is one cute little man! :goodvibes

Love your reviews! Can't wait for more! popcorn::

martinolichfamily
05-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Great update!
:)

Ciciwoowoo
05-12-2010, 11:36 PM
Too cute! Are you going to do a trip report as well? I love looking at your pics with Silas!

bluechic03
05-14-2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the Biergarten review
It looks like you all had a great time :thumbsup2

This is one cute little man! :goodvibes

Love your reviews! Can't wait for more! popcorn::

Great update!
:)

Thank you so much!

Too cute! Are you going to do a trip report as well? I love looking at your pics with Silas!\

I was planning on it, and I still hope too, but MAN i am busy going back to work! yikes! But I Really want to cuz I have so many great pics :)

bluechic03
05-14-2010, 09:14 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know I will try to post my next update tomorrow. Things have been crazy around here :scared1: Going back to work, pumping, keeping the hubby happy, and getting some sort of me time in is much harder than I anticipated :headache:

DW2010
05-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Thanks for reading! When you get baby fever.....just think about the 1am, 4am, and 6am feedings :scared1:

I never thought I'd say this, but that sounds better than the melt downs and I don't love you's. That's the stage we're going through. Then again, I do love how sweet she can be. She tells me that I'm the best mommy ever in the whole world. Can't beat that moment :lovestruc

bluechic03
05-23-2010, 01:42 PM
I'm so sorry to all of you who have been following my review! I didn't fall off the planet, just the DIS :rotfl: I went back to work and then got a promotion almost right away and am now working FULL TIME :scared1: I worked 42 hrs last week and now this week I will be 45+ hours since ppl are on vacation. At least I get OT :woohoo: So I am back and finishing this thing today!

I left off after the Biergarten on Tuesday evening. We woke up Wednesday morning and had some snacks we brought from home for breakfast, as well as an iced coffee from the Java bar in the lobby of the Swan. We took the boat over to DHS and for were there a little after opening. Not too bad, we got to ride TSM with about a 20 min wait and got fast passes for later on.

After doing all our favs at DHS we were hungry and I needed to feed Silas as well so we hung out in the shaded dining area on Sunset Blvd. It was only about 11:30 so it was fairly quiet still. This was a nice place to take a break and get out of the sun. I fed Silas while DH went and got us some food at one of the food stands there called Rosie's All American cafe. For those people that have never been there are a few different options on Sunset Blvd that share the seating area and it's a good place to get something everyone will like (you'll just have to possibly wait in a few lines) We both had Double Cheeseburgers and fries $8.09/each and Lg Diet Cokes $2.49/each. We forgot to take pics of the food this time :headache: but it hit the spot. The total for this meal was $22.54 Bringing the total for food covered by the DP to.....$182.33

Here's Silas and DH relaxing in the shade after lunch
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7302828.jpg

Silas with his Aunt and Uncle!
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7302824.jpg

On our way out we got a Mickey Bar for $3.51 and a bottle of water for $2.50
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/disney%20food%20pics%202009/S7301769.jpg
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/disney%20food%20pics%202009/S7301770.jpg

Can't come to Disney without one of these! YUM

Our total is now $188.34 Next Up....Snack at Pecos Bills and Dinner at The Plaza!

bluechic03
05-23-2010, 01:55 PM
We left DHS and took a bus to the TTC and then the monorail to the MK. We did a few rides and then Jeannie wasn't feeling well so they took off, leaving DH and myself alone with Silas. I have to say it was AWESOME to be there with just us :hug: Not that I don't like having help and being with extended family, but it was special to enjoy some time at WDW by ourselves. Right then we decided our next trip will just be us.

After they left we were getting really hungry but it was only 4:30pm and our dinner reservations weren't until 7pm. We were in Frontierland and tried to buy a hot dog from that area in Liberty Square that is a few food stands all together....not sure what it's called but it is shaded. Anyway, they were out of hot dogs :scared1: I REALLY wanted one, but they said the only place that had them right now was Casey's and I didn't feel like going all the way over there just for a hot dog....After looking at the smaller food carts and not seeing anything we wanted, we decided to go into Pecos Bill's and split something. We already had burgers that day so we opted to share the Chicken Wrap w/fries and a large Diet Coke.
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7302837.jpg
YUMMM This had chicken, lettuce, tomato, cheddar cheese, and honey mustard (I think?) this was PERFECT and was even better because I got cheese for the fries! I have only had burgers at Pecos Bills before but I'm really glad we tried this and will be back for sure. Our total here was $11.81, but we would have paid OOP for this so I won't include it in our running total.

Up Next....The Plaza

bluechic03
05-23-2010, 02:24 PM
I had wanted to try The Plaza for a long time, but since it's so cheap I didn't think it was a good pick when we were on the DDP. Since we were paying OOP this trip I was really excited to try it. I was however, rather unhappy that when we walked up to the restaurant to check-in it was totally boarded up and undergoing a massive rehab :headache: I didn't read about this anywhere before this trip, so I was surprised and anxious that this would ruin our meal. We went in and the nice view I expected was not to be, all the windows were covered!!!!!!!!! There was one little window that had a view of the castle but we could barely see it....oh well were were tired and hungry again so we decided to stay. Here's a pic of the inside while we were there

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7302840.jpg
See those stinkn covered windows? Oh well, we'll just have to come back!
I am so glad we stayed. We had the best service of the trip (not sure what our waitress's name was but I remember seeing she was from Morrocco). Our server was pregnant and noticed 3 other pregnant waitresses working, hmmmm something must be in the water at the Plaza! :rotfl2: I actually figure they must put the pregnant women here since it is pretty small and probably easier to work while pregnant. Another great thing was we never had to wait or ask for drink refills and the food came FAST but we weren't rushed out either.
We both had Diet Cokes to start and DH ordered
Grilled Reuben - thinly sliced corned beef on grilled marble rye with sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and Thousand Island dressing $10.49 He chose fries again (3 times in one day! :scared1:)
He thought it was soooooooo good, similar to the one at Sci-Fi but better
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7302841.jpg

I ordered
Vegetarian Sandwich - fresh mozzarella, hummus, basil pesto, cucumber, roasted red pepper, tomato, and lettuce on a freshly baked foccaccia $10.49
but asked them to add on a grilled chicken breast and they happily obliged YAY!

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7302842.jpg
OMG this sandwich was to die for! We are making a pilgrimage to the Plaza next trip just so I can savor this sandwich again. The veggies were really fresh and the combo of the hummus, fresh mozz, chicken, and foccacia was awesome. I got fries again as well.... Don't judge me :rotfl2:
They did charge $3 for the chicken breast but it was so worth it!

This meal was also very relaxing because it was relatively quiet. Possible because the restaurant is on the smaller side, or the noise was muffled by the covered windows.
Here I am feeling full, happy, and rested
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/bluechic03/S7302839.jpg
We were planning on ordering dessert here but we were WAY too stuffed and decided to skip it. Our total for dinner was $31.27 bringing our GRAND TOTAL covered by the DDP to $219.61

We would have paid $251.54 for the two of us for 3 nights on the DDP, which means we actually SAVED money ($33!) by not being on the DDP. Granted we would have had a better "value" on the DDP because we would have gotten more food for the money, but we didn't get anything we didn't want and we actually felt better about our waitlines when we got home :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Next post, Our last day!

chocolateMinnie
05-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Beautiful beautiful baby. How lovely to have taken such a little one with you, you will have wonderful memories of his first Mickey ears!!!

Great reviews too, You definitely had better service than we did at the Plaza but to be fair our server was more great gran than expectant Mom.

Disneymama5816
05-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Loved the reviews and your pictures!!!