PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me about MVMCP

buzz for boys
05-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Hi guys,
After spending all day reading reviews and working out the price of this event i was sure we would not be spending just under 250 for this event !!

However since making that decision I have had second thoughts about wether we will regret missing it or not !!

Anybody that has done this event can you tell me what is it we are paying for ?? I have read reviews that say its just fireworks and hot cocoa and cookies that we are paying for !!

Also my dd will be just 4 1/2 and Im worried that she is the one that will get most from the party but also the one that is likely to miss it all because she is asleep.

So guys over to you - reviews of your experience of MVMCP - good or bad please :)

Thanks x x x

Ware Bears
05-02-2010, 05:04 PM
We did MVMCP to buy ourselves extra time in the parks ~ we had 3 full days before we went on our cruise so thought it would give us extra time in MK before the Christmas crowds arrived. We went on the last party night which many people say is extremely crowded but we thought it was OK. I am a real sucker for parades so DH and I watched the Christmas parade twice as it was really magical in the dark :cloud9: whereas my DDs used this time to do rides ~ I think they lost count of how many times they rode Big Thunder and Splash Mountains. I bought my DDs a Christmas sing-a-long video of the Disneyland Christmas parade many, many years ago and it has always been my dream to see the gingerbread men, marching toy soldiers and dancing reindeer for real, hence I not only watched this parade twice on the party night but also again Christmas Day morning!! :rotfl:

The weather was lousy so unfortunately they had to keep cancelling the show on the Castle stage but watching the Castle being lit up was beautiful :love: and we enjoyed Holiday Wishes.

I think the main question is what dates are you going and will you be there for the Christmas season as the day after the last party night the shows and parade become the daily programme.

If it's your only chance of seeing the Christmas parade, the Castle lit up and Holiday Wishes and these are what interests you then I would say yes, it's well worth the money.

However, if you're going to be there after the last party night so can see these Christmassy things as part of the daily programme IMO it's not worth spending all those $$, better to use them for a nice meal.

Ware Bears
05-02-2010, 05:20 PM
I was just about to look out my map from last year when I remembered they put one on the DIS here (http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/photos/MVMCP-map.htm).

We were a tad disappointed with the event merchandise. By our party night (the last one) the only shop selling it was the Emporium and there wasn't much left. We bought a couple of MVMCP 2009 pins and the MK Events Party CD (which I'd been told was a party night exclusive when I had tried to get it from WDW mail order) so I was a bit peeved when I saw it for sale in the Emporium a few days later.

We didn't bother but I think the photos are a good price if you're planning to buy prints.

Hope this helps a bit. :)

a jay
05-02-2010, 05:42 PM
We did it in 2006 so it might of changed since then. It was very, very busy and did'nt get on alot of rides (the ones that were open) the parade was lovely and yes the castle and main street for us was the highlight. If we went at christams again wouldn't bother doing mvmcp but i can say that we have experienced it you might regret NOT booking it once your there. I'm sure your family will love the whole experience. Would be interesting to know if the price for it has gone up since we did it i think we paid about 75-85 for a family of 3 (2 adults and 1 child) again i can't be 100% sure on this will try and find cc statement.

dixonsontour
05-02-2010, 07:48 PM
We've done it in 2007 and 2009.

DD was nearly 4 and lasted until midnight - had a nap in the afternoon.

Parade and fireworks are stunning. DD also enjoyed the dance parties where you can dance with the characters. Atmosphere is nice - more party like?

But in 2009 it was very crowded (went on a sunday). You had to queue in lots of time for the parade, couldn't get anywhere near the forecourt show etc.

You can get it from 4pm on a party ticket alone. It was alot better later on 10pm onwards when the crowds had thinned.

Just me and DD went last time. DH wasn't bothered so we saved $50! I have really good memories of the night as it was just me and DD. Is that an option?

buzz for boys
05-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Thanks for all the replies really appreciate it and guess the only way to really know if its worth the extra ticket is to give it a go !! Maybe a little more thought may be needed on this one !!

Pegasus928
05-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Have you seen the trip report that ware Bears posted today Louise.
It is a really good write up about MVMCP and might help you make your mind up.