PDA

View Full Version : Cape May from OKW

howlongtillsummer?
05-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Know this probably isn't the best place to post this but I trust you guys!!

We have a breakfast ADR at Cape May Cafe (10.20). What would be my best method to get there - could drive but rather not? And if I go through EPCOT will the International Gateway be accessible? And is it easy to find within Beach Club?

I have never been at the resort before and DH will get very grumpy if he gets lost before his brekkie! (OK rest of the day though!!)

Thanks again as usual. ;)

irishtigger
05-01-2010, 10:19 AM
What time is your reservation? You could go to Epcot as long as the furture world is open you can go thru the international gateway and you can either take a boat or walk to the BC to get to Cape May. And yes it is very easy to find once you get inside BC. Just allow yourself enough time. Have a great time and enjoy!

howlongtillsummer?
05-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Thanks for posting. It is at 10.20 am.

Danauk
05-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Personally I would take the bus to DHS then the Friendship boat to the Beach Club. That involves less walking than having to walk all the way through Epcot.

wayneg
05-01-2010, 11:20 AM
OLP transportation wiz says same, looks easiest to me but looks like it will take upto 1 hour, about 5 mins by car if lights are with you, its only a stones throw away.

Disney's Old Key West Resort-- B
Disney Hollywood Studios-- BT
Disney's Yacht Club Resort : 46 mins.

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/twiz.aspx

2Tiggies
05-01-2010, 01:23 PM
I know it says 46 minutes (plus wait time for buses etc) but they usually advise to allow 90 minutes. We also have a Cape May late breakfast (10.50 am), staying at POFQ and yes, I was advised to use the DHS route to avoid having to walk all the way through Epcot to IG for the boat.

iluvtot
05-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Hi,
We had a late breakfast booking here a couple of years ago. As it was EMH at MGM (as it was then:)), we went there first, and then got the boat. It's a really nice ride, and you don't arrive all hot and bothered:goodvibes

Jules x

howlongtillsummer?
05-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Over an hour before breakfast doesn't sound so much fun!! I think I will drive that am then take your advice for my dinner ADR there!

Thanks guys, knew I could rely on you.

Jets fan
05-02-2010, 02:33 AM
Cape May is my fav for breakfast and we go every trip from OKW. Basically we jump on the 1st bus that comes to our stop no matter what park it is going to and then junp on another bus to Cape May. Last time it took us 50 mins as we got a bus to Typhoon Lagoon and the bus was waiting to whisk us away to a fab breakfast:thumbsup2

Tina