PDA

View Full Version : 1st time in a villa

a jay
04-30-2010, 11:45 AM
I'm posting this to get some information for my friend who will be traveling to Orlando for the very first time next summer. She wants to stay in a villa and has asked me for suitable areas.
We are always based on Southern Dunes and as much as i would love her to stay here i don't think it would be the best option for HER family. As well as her two young daughters (3 & 5) she is taking her mother. I think she would be better placed in a sub-division close to Disney. Of course the girls will want to experience everything disney has to offer but the heat and hummidity will zap their energy levels, having a base close by will give them the oppurtunity totake a dip in the pool,re-charge and
head back into disney if they want to see wishes or other evening events. I have mentioned staying on site but she said this would be a no-go, she wants the freedom of a villa. Can anyone recommend suitable sub divisions as close to disney as possible.

wayneg
04-30-2010, 02:50 PM
We stayed in a condo here http://www.windsor-hills-orlando.com/ Easter 2008. One of closest villa resorts to Disney.
Not really up on villas as we prefer hotels hopefully someone will post.

Netty
04-30-2010, 03:12 PM
The best option is on the 192. there are two areas - poncianna boulevard area of the 192 and the windsor hills area both at either end of the 192, both very accessible to the parks.
we always stay around the poncianna area - here are some websites to look at
www.ownersdirect.co.uk
www.villas2000.com
www.vr360homes.co.uk
www.holiday-rentals.co.uk
www.orlandovillas.com
have a look here at this villa map
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/villa-map.php

Mrs Doubtfire
04-30-2010, 03:38 PM
We too have stayed at Windsor Hills - it is closet to Animal Kingdom - took us about 10 minutes to get there & to the car park.

Other resorts near WH are Emaarald Isle and also the Formosa Garden area is close by.

We stayed in a 3 br Town Home that has a splash pool - but you can also hire villas with private pools and condos on the same community. It alo has a main pool for all guest to use.

Good luck in your search.:)

redsaz
04-30-2010, 04:07 PM
I've stayed in the Poinciana Boulevard area twice on St James Park. We booked through www.floridasunhomes.co.uk and they were great. 25-30 mins from Disney.

a jay
05-01-2010, 01:11 AM
Thankyou for the help. i will pass all the info on and she can have a look for the villa which will suit her family.

Sunrisedream
05-01-2010, 02:24 AM
Sunset Lakes is in the Formosa area, close to Disney (4 Miles) www.sunsetlakesorlando.com

jockey
05-01-2010, 06:42 AM
We have always stayed in and around Formosa gardens area, we have stayed at Windsor Hills and Emerald Island and they were perfect!

HELPDESKGUY
05-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Staying in a Villa is the way to go!

Windsor Hills is the best and closest to Disney!

wayneg
05-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Staying in a Villa is the way to go!

Windsor Hills is the best and closest to Disney!

It is one of the closest to Disney but we found a bit of a trek upto Universal. LBV area is pefect for us, Palm Parkway is great so easy to get to Universal, SeaWorld and Disney but not sure if there are any villas around LBV. After trying a villa and a Condo we now know hotels are the way to go for us but many like the space in a villa.

Pegasus928
05-01-2010, 06:12 PM
We have only ever stayed in villas during our trips to Florida as this is what works best for us as a family.
If I was to chose one that stood out for us with regards to proximity to Disney, local amenities and pretty much in the middle of everything we love about Florida it would be Cumbrian Lakes on Ponciana Blvd.
Up to now this is probably the only one that we would stay in again because it ticked all the boxes for us, whereas every other villa has always fallen down in one area or another.