PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hoping for virgin sale this Bank holiday?

rachelanne
04-29-2010, 05:56 AM
I keep hoping for a bit of reduction in flight price for our November trip 3rd-15th but 579 seems a lot for November flight,might think about indirect but im not the best traveller:sick: so here's hoping:)

jayduk
04-29-2010, 06:01 AM
Yea, flights seem alot more than i paid last year!! I went in Sept/Oct and looking for Mar/Apr 2011 this time round, they seem almost double!

wayneg
04-29-2010, 06:09 AM
I know we only fly in school hols but I have almost given up hope flying Virgin at a reasonable price. Last 3 trips and next in August all indirect.
Just got back with Delta again, Easter hols 435pp, Virgin wanted about 800. For August going with Delta again, business Elite for less than Virgin economy on day I booked.
You might have more chance out of school hols, good luck.

macca77
04-29-2010, 06:16 AM
Yeah agree here also, virgin seems to be getting pretty expensive now, i booked a few weeks ago paid probably over what i should have. Cant see me booking with virgin again in a rush.
Its worth looking at ba to tampa and then drive the 90 odd mins imo. Seems to be around 200 cheaper than flying into mco. Only bad thing is flights from gatwick.
Or as wayne says indirect all together at them sort of price diffrences.

macca77
04-29-2010, 06:32 AM
Just had a quick look at ba and that is 491 per adult for your dates, dont know weather gatwick is too far away or you trust them with their strikes but thats 80 pp cheaper.

How about thomson or first choice, or isnt their much love for these airlines?

wayneg
04-29-2010, 06:41 AM
How about thomson or first choice, or isnt their much love for these airlines?

OP is wanting a 12 night trip, charter airlines don't do this, usually 7, 14 & 21 nights. exactly why we can never use them, we usually go odd days like 9, 12 or 25 nights. If they can go 14 nights worth looking at them but just make sure whats included, base prices tend to be no luggage or meals onboard, also I believe you have to pay for drinks onboard. Another thing is they fly into Sanford, an airport I didn't like but its a few years ago now. Anyone staying onsite and want to use Disney Magical Express need to fly into MCO, not available from Sanford.

Disneymad
04-29-2010, 06:41 AM
I've about given up on Virgin at this point. In the past I've been prepared to pay a teensy bit extra to fly with them but this year is nothing short of insane and I'm now looking at alternatives including indirect (I'd love to find one of Waynes deals to fly Business or something, but I never seem to have any luck finding those sorts of deals, LOL) and when you consider you can pass immigration during the change of planes on the way out, it really doesn't seem so bad.

That said, if they did have a sale this bank holiday I'm still in the position to take advantage of it as I've not booked anything yet but it would have to be pretty substantial for me to consider it at this point.

macca77
04-29-2010, 06:47 AM
Yeah very valid points with them airlines wayne, baggage allowence is less, food is free or at least included into the price.
Didnt realise about the 12 nite thing, but as i see its mostly 7 or 14. Though they do now have some 10 and 11 nite flights avalible.

rachelanne
04-29-2010, 06:59 AM
:)thanks for your replies,Wayne is right about First Choice and Thomson,even if i could stretch to a fortnight they are more expensive than virgin:scared1:I will keep watching for a while, its not the end of the world going indirect,flew once via Philadelphia although there was 8 of us then to share responsibility if we didnt get to gate! This time its just me with sons,nephew and mate! Cheers and good luck to all who are planning::surfweb:

Jets fan
04-29-2010, 08:11 AM
Got a great deal yesterday. Dep 9 Dec, return 19 Dec - 150,000 miles and 550 for premium economy. Was v.v. pleased with that price for prem econ:thumbsup2

Tina