View Full Version : Best rate for January?

08-08-2002, 09:27 PM
Considering going 1/1-1/6 and wondering what kind of rates I could expect. I would love to stay the WL but the $199 "value season" rate is still a bit out of reach. Any possibility of a discount for this time? Were there any deals for this week in Jan. '02?
Would I be able to get a better rate by going Christmas week with the current code?

08-09-2002, 01:02 AM
I would like to know about possible/historic January rates as well. I am going Jan 11-14, already have plane tickets! I believe I read previously any rates would not be out until November though.
Have a nice weekend!

Chance's Mom
08-09-2002, 07:40 AM
Make your reservations now through CRO. When discounts become available, call back and ask to have them applied to your reservation. Call as soon as you know of any discounts--there are only a limited number of rooms for the codes, etc. There will be codes and AP discounts in Jan, we are just going to have to wait. I am feeling very impatient!

08-09-2002, 10:51 AM
Yes, we're desparately waiting Jan. rates. We're going to stay at a moderate next Jan. Last Jan. we stayed at the AS-Sports for $59 a night...not bad.

08-09-2002, 01:03 PM
We were there (wilderness lodge) in January 2002 with a code rate ....standard room. It wasn't as good as what I have been seeing lately ........I can't remember exactly, but I think standard w/ a code was still 149 or 159 per night.

08-09-2002, 01:10 PM
I was at WDW that week last year. We stayed at the Grand Floridian, and had an AP rate of $276 with tax for lagoon view (reg rate with tax was $433). I think WL was around $139 plus tax at that time, but I'm not sure.

08-09-2002, 03:00 PM
There are 7 of us (3 rooms) booked at CBR 1/14/03 then a pre-cruise land pkg. for 3 more nights at CBR. Where and when can I find out the best rates, if they change? Someone referred to AP reservation discounts. Where can I find them? I noticed on the Disney website the current discounts till 12/25 but no codes. I would sure like to save some money on this trip! I'm taking the whole family for our 35th anniversary!

Mom of 5
08-09-2002, 03:33 PM
We were at AKL Jan.5-6 in savannah view rooms for $169 - AP rate (code rate was $189 for that same time). Then we stayed at the Poly from Jan.6-11 in garden view rooms for $174 -AP rate (code rate was $189).

We checked into staying at SEVERAL resorts...I think WL woodsview was $154.

Hope this helps-

08-09-2002, 03:46 PM
Thanks Tracy. So I should wait for the discount codes and see what is offered. Will they be posted to Disney.com first or Mousesavers.com? I'll continue to watch DIS. Thanks again to everyone who has helped me learn. This is probably our one and only trip to WDW and I would like to balance fun with the budget.

Mom of 5
08-09-2002, 04:01 PM
Yes, I would go ahead and book now, then watch for the discounts. You'll almost certainly see discount codes on mousesavers.com before you'll find them on Disney.com.

We booked our January '02 trip at the end of last August. Codes came out in our local paper in mid-October, and then the AP rates came out in December. Each time we found lower rates, we had the new code applied to our reservation.

Have fun planning your trip, and best of luck with great rates!

08-10-2002, 01:23 AM
We are going the first week of February and I was hoping to see some of the $139 for WL and AKL rates. ;)

08-10-2002, 04:45 PM
We're in the same boat! I went ahead and used the AAA disocunt for WL for the last week of Jan. - mid first week of Feb....$206 inc. tax. SO, we're really hoping for something better! I wonder if the new codes comingout on Aug. 24th will possibly go that far into winter???:bounce:

08-10-2002, 06:54 PM
Really wanted CBR for 1/4-1/10. But have booked POR for $119 with AAA rate. Hoping for both codes and CBR to be available but I wanted to have a room booked. With CBR closed I didn't want to take the change of not being able to book a moderate if and when the codes are available.

08-11-2002, 12:13 AM
Opal.....were you unable to book CBR due to the closure? or did you just make the decision to stay somewhere else?

08-12-2002, 09:14 PM
Disney-Kim...we were unable to book CBR because of the renovation. Even though when I was booking, the CM said they hoped to be back open by Xmas, he said they weren't permitted to take bookings for my time period. He did recommend trying back in November to see if they would switch it.

He said reason was you can never tell if construction will be on schedule. (I can't help but wonder if # reservations is factor too)

Anyway, I've got my fingers crossed, CBR is my #1 choice of the moderates!