PDA

View Full Version : CBR or Port Orleans Riverside?

Maci A.
08-08-2002, 03:43 PM
I would love to hear from anyone who has been to both of these resorts. We hace been to riverside and loved it. But everyone here seems to really like CBR too.
We have to small kids 2 and 4 and time of next visit. Any input on comparisons of the two resorts would be great!

Thanks!!!!!!

WDWHound
08-08-2002, 04:16 PM
I love the CBR. Its think its a wonderful resort. So relaxing and romantic. To be fair though, I think more people prefer POR. I'm sure you will get lots of opinions about both.

linny172
08-08-2002, 06:09 PM
We have stayed at CBR POR and CSR and even though I loved all of them I do have to say I think I enjoyed CBR the most. We were just ther a few weeks ago and had the best time ever. It was so relaxing and the resort was beautiful.

Nolcrest
08-08-2002, 06:39 PM
Just to make you crazy.... We have stayed at both. We were just at CBR in July. We preferred POR. POR wasn't as spread out. POR food court was more manageable (hopefully that'll be changing with the CBR update). We just felt more relaxed at POR. We like all the wood at POR opposed to the beach of CBR. The boat to DD is a real plus for POR. There isn't anything wrong with CBR, my family just enjoyed POR more. In fact we went over there one afternoon for lunch and we sat in a rocking chair at their pool bar just to relax. Gotta love that little cane fishing at POR too. It's a tough decision. Glad I went to CBR but I'll probably go back to POR.

Maci A.
08-08-2002, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the input! Keep them coming! It is a really tough decesion, we really like POR, but I feel we should try something new too. The pics of CBR look great, I am just worried about it being so big, I am afraid the food court would be packed, etc.
We would be there after the refurb. though???

I would love to hear from anyone else who has been to both!
Thanks again!

Disneydenise
08-09-2002, 08:08 AM
I have stayed at both resorts. When the children were younger the POR was great. The food court is better than the CBR. In the spring I stayed at the CBR. The room is larger the sink area has a better design and a curtain to pull for privacy in the dressing area. There is more storage space so the room remains clutterfree. I like the tropical theme better than the gone with the wind theme. The food choices are the only thing I didn't care for at the CBR but there are lots of other places to go get food. The breakfast is one of the meals that I did enjoy at the CBR. I would choose CBR if you think that you will need additional squarefootage to be comfortable but if this is not a problemor if you prefer the New Orleans theme than POR is a great choice.

gottaluvpooh
08-12-2002, 03:26 PM
We stayed at and loved both. However - truthfully CBR wins hands down. The view from the rooms. The cleanliness. Everything was perfect at CBR.

When we arrived at POR Riverside - we even thought of switching over to CBR because of the noticable differences, but decided to stay at POR. We're glad we did in order to experience POR - but next time would def. choose CBR as first choice.

TwinMom7
08-12-2002, 03:35 PM
We've done both...and prefer PO-Riverside. My kids enjoy the pool area/slide better and I think the food court at Riverside has so much more to offer. I just like the layout of PO-Riverside better -just my opinion. ;)

Maci A.
08-12-2002, 03:38 PM
Thanks for input guys! I think we decieded to try something new and try our CBR. Everyone seems to be pretty split up the middle on them, and we will be there after the refurb. so maybe the food court will be better!
Thanks again, keep those opinoins coming! I love to hear them~