PDA

View Full Version : A Back up Plan


maddiemom
03-07-2001, 06:56 PM
We just bought into VWL. We already have a trip book for October. My question is from reading these boards I know it is always a concern being able to get into anything but your home resort due to the 11 vs.7 month reservation period. Unlike most I wouldn't have problem going to VWL for the next 42 years but if I did decide to go to BWV or OKW, is it ok to go ahead a make reservation 11 months at my home resort and then when I hit the 7 month window try making reservations at BWV or OKW and cancel the other reservations. My concern is if I couldn't get reservation I don't think I could go a year without going to Disney and would like to have a back up plan. Has anyone done this??

Thanks

drusba
03-07-2001, 07:26 PM
It is OK to do what you say.

Niagara2
03-07-2001, 07:51 PM
Many wait list ressies come to fruitation at 7 months as many members do this. I actually call 7 months out at resorts because of all the cancellations and we are usually very successful in getting a ressie due to the cancellations.

travelbug
03-08-2001, 02:29 AM
Yes, you can do that scenario. I am a new owner, and will be taking my first DVC trip next month. I made my first ressie exactly how you described. I booked at BWV with my 11-month window, then called back at the 7-month window to change to OKW. We're going during EASTER week (no choice with my schedule), and I decided to use few points by having us stay at OKW this time around. We look forward to staying at BWV soon though.

Good luck planning your trip! Pretty exciting, isn't it?>